Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

The problem at the minute is that Burnley, Leicester, QPR, Hull, etc are picking up points here and there. We are not. We don't even look like winning games anymore. 

It may be that 30 points is enough to survive but can you see us even getting that? 

• Like 1

12 games remaining, and as we have seen in years gone by, freak results happen. Our current form is atrocious, but we need to turn a corner quickly. Newcastle are there for taking on Saturday, and then it's a complete change again as that would take us out the drop zone in all probability. Sherwood will get into the players heads a little more this week, and know more about what works.

I think we will stay up as some of the teams above us will struggle like we have been while we start picking up wins. it will be tight.

We are down. I cannot see where our next win is going to come from. My only hope now is the club preparing properly for the championship, so we can come back up first time of asking, preferably with the title.

I really don't see us bouncing back with the current incumbents in charge. There approach to running a club is very amateur, I have no confidence we will find it easier in the championship. It would need the sale of the club for us to be taken seriously. 

That is why I hope the club is preparing for the Championship ASAP. The pressure will be enormous as we will be expected to win the title and win every game we play, it is not going to get any easier. Good preparation is needed. 

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Form is all in the past just forget about it, our players know they've got something to give as individuals and as a team because they've done it before, they just need to get that back and run with it. We can still survive easy, they should aiming for at least 12th if they fail then fair enough, but in my opinion they'll avoid relegation trying.

Form is all in the past just forget about it, our players know they've got something to give as individuals and as a team because they've done it before, they just need to get that back and run with it. We can still survive easy, they should aiming for at least 12th if they fail then fair enough, but in my opinion they'll avoid relegation trying.

What happened to you?

I hope you're right. They'll only have themselves to blame if they go down.

I've accepted relegation so if it happens then I'll simply shrug my shoulders and carry on as normal. As long as we don't end up without a club to support, I'll be fine with us playing in a lower division. The Premier League is meaningless to me these days.

I agree with this. I think if most of us are honest, we've been waiting for the other shoe to drop for two or three years now. I did my freakout when we looked marooned in Lambert's first season. At various points since then it's looked likely, I've had plenty of time to adjust. 

• Like 2

I've looked at our remaining fixtures and I honestly can only see us picking up another 6 points this season. Of course there'll be one game where we get a surprise draw against a team we expected to lose against, but if I'm correct in my predictions then we really don't have a chance of getting out of this shit storm.

I firmly believe we will stay up...just.

If we can nab 6 points from the next 2 things will look a lot rosier and a cup Qtr final to look forward too.

I've accepted relegation so if it happens then I'll simply shrug my shoulders and carry on as normal. As long as we don't end up without a club to support, I'll be fine with us playing in a lower division. The Premier League is meaningless to me these days.

Pretty much. Look at what's happening to Parma - that really puts things into perspective.

Yes it does. Gutted about what's happened to Parma. When we played them in that friendly at the start of the season, I was sat close to their fans and I was really impressed by the quality and volume of their support. They don't even have a club to cheer for any more. We'll be fine, in the end. 

Yes it does. Gutted about what's happened to Parma. When we played them in that friendly at the start of the season, I was sat close to their fans and I was really impressed by the quality and volume of their support. They don't even have a club to cheer for any more. We'll be fine, in the end.

I don't think we will be fine, I've always been a optimist the last 3/4 years in regards to our relegation troubles, even in PL's first season when at one point we really looked doomed. But I just don't see any realistic winnable games this season. Even when we've played Leicster, Burnley, QPR, Hull etc we've looked completely out of our depth and always the shitter team. I honestly don't think we'd compete in the top quarter of the championship. I can see this going down to the last day of the season when we play Burnley and QPR play Leicster, I think it's between us and QPR for the last spot, so here's to us bettering their result on the last day.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. When I said 'we'll be fine, in the end', I might in a rather more general sense. I don't think we'll stay up this season.

Even then there is worry, can't you imagine us being like Leeds or Coventry? Dropping out of the league and just falling, never coming back? I don't think it's unlikely given the care, tactics and investment it requires to get back up, never mind the exodus of your top players.

I firmly believe we will stay up...just.

If we can nab 6 points from the next 2 things will look a lot rosier and a cup Qtr final to look forward too.

Maybe we can pick points up at the baggies, but Newcastle? They are a much better side than Stoke and we are one of their 'winnable' games. They will be looking at us as a team who they should 100% be getting 3 points, at most I think they'd settle for the draw.

• Like 1

If we go down, we should sell/get rid of all our underachieving players, starting from the ones that were supposed to carry us, namely Benteke, Delph and Vlaar, and replace them with winners. Those guys can be less skilled, as long as they are strong, both mentally and physically.

Edited by AVTuco

Sorry, I wasn't clear. When I said 'we'll be fine, in the end', I might in a rather more general sense. I don't think we'll stay up this season.

Even then there is worry, can't you imagine us being like Leeds or Coventry? Dropping out of the league and just falling, never coming back? I don't think it's unlikely given the care, tactics and investment it requires to get back up, never mind the exodus of your top players.

It's just as likely that we'll bounce back up. People often bring up Leeds but they're a pretty exceptional case what with the financial implosion, which was the reason they dropped in the first place.