Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

I don't like the Premier League, it's broken.  I want to go somewhere else.  I want to go to Blackpool and Bournemouth away, they look fun.

Blackpool away is **** shit, they don't sell beer

They will be playing Small Heath next season in the 3rd division so we won't have to worry about them

For what it's worth I don't think our style of football (or lack thereof) will be anymore successfull in the Championship.

Our best players will leave (Vlaar, Delph, Benteke) and we have no passion, drive, strategy or tactic how to create scoring chances.

There will always be one or two clubs on the up in the Championship and i don't see anything in this team who gives me confidence that we'll have more pride or hunger than our opponents. 

The fact a lot of the fans don't seem bothered is of the most concern. This is reflected in attendances. Ultimately I think the fans will rally around the team when those MUST win games come along at the end of the season and therefore save us from relegation, however.

And I agree we're unlikely to be much better in the Championship the novelty of being the biggest club in the league would soon wear off....you don't see many happy Leeds fans about.

Edited by supernova26

I don't think you can predict what we would be like in the championship. One would hope we would be challenging for promotion. 

You'd hope so but that doesn't just happen. Sure, the quality is a bit lower but it doesn't mean we'll be a powerhouse just by virtue of coming from a higher division.

If we sort ourselves out and start playing positive, exciting football in the Championship i'd be really pissed off that we couldn't do that in the Premier League.

Only a fifth of teams - 17 out of 85 - achieved automatic promotion the season after being relegated. Another 21 finished in the play-off positions, although only three of those were actually promoted as a result. That means 20 teams promoted, 63 teams staying in the division, and two - Swindon in 1995 and Wolves in 2013 - suffering a second consecutive relegation.

Which means, if your side is relegated to the Championship, there's a very strong chance you're not getting out of it straightaway. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/championship/10826050/How-often-do-relegated-Premier-League-clubs-bounce-straight-back-from-the-Championship.html

• Like 2

We would be the next Sheffield Wednesday if we went down. I doubt we'd come back up for 10 years.

Initially I'd worry more about surviving in the championship with whatever was left of the current pathetic bunch. They'd be taken apart in that league.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

We may be slightly better placed than some who go down. A lot of our players wouldn't leave - there's going to be no clamour to raid most of the squad, and there won't be many high earners left once Vlaar and Delph have left on frees, Bent has been let go, and Benteke has been sold. Most of the rest of the squad could be kept on, though Gabby and N'Zogbia would probably be put up for sale (and might attract some interest anyway). Guzan might be wanted. Of the rest, I can't see much interest, and some of them might find the Championship is a level they can dominate at. 

We may be slightly better placed than some who go down. A lot of our players wouldn't leave - there's going to be no clamour to raid most of the squad, and there won't be many high earners left once Vlaar and Delph have left on frees, Bent has been let go, and Benteke has been sold. Most of the rest of the squad could be kept on, though Gabby and N'Zogbia would probably be put up for sale (and might attract some interest anyway). Guzan might be wanted. Of the rest, I can't see much interest, and some of them might find the Championship is a level they can dominate at. 

I doubt we could move gabby and nzog that easy to be honest, 

Who else in the division would pay them 55/65k a week? 

Actually makes me sick to type that!

Oops! Just slipped down to 17th and we will only move out of that position if we beat Southampton tomorrow.  :(

Lamberts Team Talk Tomorrow… 

"Apes… Together... Strong, We Go Again"

yeah Crystal Palace put in a really good effort. I sincerely doubt we'll do the same tomorrow.

Oops! Just slipped down to 17th and we will only move out of that position if we beat Southampton tomorrow.  :(

Or if we draw, depending on the Hull vs spurs result.

Quite right! I'm getting too gloomy in my old age!  :)

Edited by briny_ear

The past few years we`ve always relied on the fact that there were always three teams worse than us .......sadly that salvation seems to be far less likely this year , defeat to Southampton and then a confident Burnley next week and I really can`t see us getting out of it this time .

Or if we draw, depending on the Hull vs spurs result.

Quite right! I'm getting too gloomy in my old age!  :)

seems like Hull are experiencing a similar situation against Spurs as us this fall, so we might just retain our posish ^^