Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Nailed on certainty to go down, I reckon.

I don't think it's that bad - you certainly wouldn't have said that at the beginning of the season, would you? It's effing bleak at the moment but if we can regain some form soon, we should be OK. We don't have another horrific run like the one we had a little while back that will disrupt things so massively.

That's a huge almighty 'if'.

I don't think it's that bad - you certainly wouldn't have said that at the beginning of the season, would you?

Yes I would. I just wish I'd put a bet on back then.

• Like 1

I don't think it's that bad - you certainly wouldn't have said that at the beginning of the season, would you?

We're the same odds now as we were before the season - 3/1.

We're the same odds now as we were before the season - 3/1.

*Gets trampled in stampede for bookies*

• Like 1

Sign a decent winger and get Benteke firing and we will be fine.  Might need to get a striker in on loan also if Kozak doesn't get back playing.  11th place finish. 

Lambert is going to sign a decent winger in a million years, and even if he did, where would he play?

Well get yourself down the bookies then, they've not changed since August. 3/1

Our performances have been better than results suggest so we'll be fine.

Let's not get too downbeat just yet.

I don't much agree with that I'm afraid, I think we've got pretty well what we deserve points wise.  OK we played quite well against Spurs for the most part, but then I thought we were lucky to get a point against Newcastle.  We are able to put together the odd decent period of football, eg first half against Liverpool and Hull, but overall our unimaginative, negative, sterile, ineffective football has cost us, and I think it will cost us our Premier League standing this season.  Lambert's brand of football is the worst in the Premier League.

GdMOw61.jpg

How our relegation odds have moved on Betfair Exchange, was 6ish for a while at the start. No idea when the market opened though.

Burnley, QPR, Crystal Palace, Leicester and Sunderland all shorter odds than us to go down, in that order.

Our performances have been better than results suggest so we'll be fine.

Let's not get too downbeat just yet.

We have failed to score in six of the last seven Premier League matches and netted just once in the other game in that run. Four of the five goals we have scored in the Premier League this term have been netted in the first half and have not netted after the 50th minute at all. 

We have fired in the fewest shots on target in the Premier League this season (23 averaging just 2 per game). We have scored with just 7% and hit the target with just 30% of  shots this season, both divisional lows. 

In contrast, Aston Villa are one of two teams going into this matchday yet to recover any points after falling behind. 

Oh and i think there was a small matter of some kind of worst run for 47 years! 

Still lets not get to down beat about it aye?..

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 2

...I just wish I'd put a bet on back then.

Well get yourself down the bookies then, they've not changed since August. 3/1

Interesting. I'd imagined that after we were on 10 points after 3 games or whatever it was, the odds would have lengthened. That would have been the time to pounce. But if they've just stayed the same, then perhaps that refelcts the bookies view that we're clearly one of the candiates to drop.

3/1 is not a bad price though. Anything better than evens is pretty appealing.