Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

The past few years we`ve always relied on the fact that there were always three teams worse than us .......sadly that salvation seems to be far less likely this year , defeat to Southampton and then a confident Burnley next week and I really can`t see us getting out of it this time .

lol.

What about wins against Southampton and a confident Burnley?  What then?  Does the World end?

• Like 1

QPR have lost six straight away games, I don't see enough fight in their team to significantly improve that and I can't see them winning near enough every week at Loftus Road which they'll probably have to do.

Burnley have improved a lot in the last few weeks but again I don't see them winning enough in the long run, they'll be very competitive though as they generally have been in most of the games this season.

Sunderland and Leicester barely score like ourselves. Infact Sunderland have had a very easy start to the season looking at their fixtures, their next three are Chelsea, Man. City ansd Liverpool.

I actually think West Brom might be the norwich of this season, hover above the drop zone for most of the year doing just enough with wins but worth repeating their last 5 games of the season......Liverpool home, Man. United and Newcastle away, Chelsea at home and Arsenal away.

If they're only on something like 33 points going into that sequence I think like Norwich they'll lose 4 of those and go down.

Sunderland have scored 12, Leicester 11 and Villa 5... A bit of a difference. The fact we don't score goals could well send us down this season.

yes, it's very worrying. but we must also remember that the team has the ability. I don't think it'll be as dismal as this throughout the season. at least I hope not.

I know but Sunderland have failed to score against Burnley, Leicester, Swansea, QPR etc,

In any case they've already played West Brom, QPR, Swansea home, Burnley, Palace, Leicester this season so I'd argue 13 points isn't enough for them currently, it's hardly playing most of the top half like we've done so far this season.

Of course with the run of games coming up we have ourselves that will define the second half of the season.

QPR have lost six straight away games, I don't see enough fight in their team to significantly improve that and I can't see them winning near enough every week at Loftus Road which they'll probably have to do.

Burnley have improved a lot in the last few weeks but again I don't see them winning enough in the long run, they'll be very competitive though as they generally have been in most of the games this season.

Sunderland and Leicester barely score like ourselves. Infact Sunderland have had a very easy start to the season looking at their fixtures, their next three are Chelsea, Man. City ansd Liverpool.

I actually think West Brom might be the norwich of this season, hover above the drop zone for most of the year doing just enough with wins but worth repeating their last 5 games of the season......Liverpool home, Man. United and Newcastle away, Chelsea at home and Arsenal away.

If they're only on something like 33 points going into that sequence I think like Norwich they'll lose 4 of those and go down.

Is this where we are finally at?

Sunderland have scored 12, Leicester 11 and Villa 5... A bit of a difference. The fact we don't score goals could well send us down this season.

It's the main concern, definitely.  We haven't had Benteke this season though, really.  He's played, what... 30 minutes against Man City, most of the game away at Everton, the whole game against Q.P.R. and then 60 minutes against Spurs after coming back from an achilles injury (in which he finally looked back to business).

At the same time, it's worrying that we're so reliant on one person to almost create AND score chances.

It's the main concern, definitely.  We haven't had Benteke this season though, really.  He's played, what... 30 minutes against Man City, most of the game away at Everton, the whole game against Q.P.R. and then 60 minutes against Spurs after coming back from an achilles injury (in which he finally looked back to business).

At the same time, it's worrying that we're so reliant on one person to almost create AND score chances.

Absolutely. We really cannot be dependent on one man to score and create our goals.

• Like 1

Think this our year.

Only so long you can flirt with relegation before going.

I'm yet to see a worse team than us this year. Spurs were probably the 2nd worse I've seen tbh.

Q.P.R.  - they've been terrible aside from vs. Liverpool.  Should've never lost to them (although we didn't look like scoring really, either).  I don't think Burnley are up to much either.

Think this our year.

Only so long you can flirt with relegation before going.

I'm yet to see a worse team than us this year. Spurs were probably the 2nd worse I've seen tbh.

Q.P.R. - they've been terrible aside from vs. Liverpool. Should've never lost to them (although we didn't look like scoring really, either). I don't think Burnley are up to much either.

Well I'm yet to see burnley. And whilst qpr certainly aren't great, over 90 mins they thoroughly deserved their win against us. They were better at the back and obviously better going forward.

I'd say I'm worried, I'm not. The brutally sad thing about it all is I wouldn't even be that bothered about it. Certainly doesnt seem the catastrophe that it once did.

All a bit, meh, if I'm honest.

Lerner and Lambert have created a feeling of a bit 'meh' in most of us I guess.

I used to get really down following a defeat and let it ruin my weekend (sad I know but it is how it was). Now, although I want us to win every game, I really am not too surprised when we don't and I don't even get down for a few minutes and no way do AVFC ruin my weekend or any other day for that matter.

Season upon season of turgid football and more defeats than wins or draws has taken its toll and now I just look forward to the end of the season and hope that we have scraped enough points to keep us up so that we can go through the same pain again.

• Like 2

Lerner and Lambert have created a feeling of a bit 'meh' in most of us I guess.

I used to get really down following a defeat and let it ruin my weekend (sad I know but it is how it was). Now, although I want us to win every game, I really am not too surprised when we don't and I don't even get down for a few minutes and no way do AVFC ruin my weekend or any other day for that matter.

Season upon season of turgid football and more defeats than wins or draws has taken its toll and now I just look forward to the end of the season and hope that we have scraped enough points to keep us up so that we can go through the same pain again.

Exactly the way I feel. Not a great place to be in. Id even go as far as to say football in general has become all a bit boring now. Probably all because of how I feel about AV.

Just look at that decision today in the Hull Tottenham game. If that was Chelsea Tottenham, that person would never have been sent off. Makes me so angry.

Grrrrrrr!!!

That QPR performance against us a few weeks back was probably the worst performance ive seen in a long time by a PL side. They couldnt pass the ball for literally the entire game and we still couldnt beat them. That was when It actually hit home that this is our year.

Compounded now by Delph being out and on his way out, Vlaar on his way out, Benteke suspended for important games, the whole defence crocked. Everything is conspiring against us. The Spuds game gave me a glimmerbof hope we could start a climb and get some points on the board but again things conspire horribly against us. Everything points to relegation and negativity now and I cant see how things can turn we just dont havd the players.

Funny really how the season started, gave us such false belief. Imagine how things could have been if Clark put that header in against Arsenal in matchday 5. But its all ifs and buts, truth is we are an awful team who fail to play football week in week out, we deserve to be where we are. We have money in January apparently but id much rather it wasnt Lambert who gets to spend it.

Well I'm yet to see burnley. And whilst qpr certainly aren't great, over 90 mins they thoroughly deserved their win against us. They were better at the back and obviously better going forward.

I'd say I'm worried, I'm not. The brutally sad thing about it all is I wouldn't even be that bothered about it. Certainly doesnt seem the catastrophe that it once did.

All a bit, meh, if I'm honest.

Nah, Q.P.R. were garbage.  Obviously they scored from both their shots, but they didn't look up to much - didn't "deserve" the win at all imo.  The game had 0-0 written all over it; but we managed to scrape defeat from that.

Burnley are a good, spirited side but it doesn't look like it will be enough for them to stay up (despite their 2 wins on the bounce).

21 years ago this week (November 1993) we lost 2-0 to Southampton (Matt Le Tissier with both) with our lowest Premier League attendance at around 15,500 at a very cold Villa Park pitch (groundsmen had to remove snow before game), was an awful game.

Just hope history doesn't repeat itself tonight with the scoreline and very low attendance (doubt it will be anything like 15,500 though)

Edited by Villan4Life

21 years ago this week (November 1993) we lost 2-0 to Southampton (Matt Le Tissier with both) with our lowest Premier League attendance at around 15,500 at a very cold Villa Park pitch (groundsmen had to remove snow before game), was an awful game.

Just hope history doesn't repeat itself tonight with the scoreline and very low attendance (doubt it will be anything like 15,500 though)

How did we get an attendance that low when we had been runners up just a few months before!?