Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

It's got to the point where relegation would be quite a relief. Finally being put out if our misery. What's the point in floating between 14th-17th place every year in the premier league anyway. I'd rather see us be competitive elsewhere.

• Like 2

It's got to the point where relegation would be quite a relief. Finally being put out if our misery. What's the point in floating between 14th-17th place every year in the premier league anyway. I'd rather see us be competitive elsewhere.

I've been slowly coming around to this. Maybe at Championship level i'd enjoy watching us fight for something again instead of praying that we don't get relegated.

• Like 1

The saddest thing is that I don't think I'd care if we went down. Crap football week on week and just scraping survival is prettt depressing.

It's almost getting to the point where I want us to go down just to hurt Lerner's pockets.

Mystifies me why anyone might see any 'benefit' in us being relegated.

I don't like the continual struggle but I'll happily accept that rather than drop into league below with the financial implications that would follow.

• Like 2

Be careful what you wish for, plenty of examples of teams who went down and people thought they would come straight back up but they end up stuck in the lower divisions.  Would people seriously think us being in the championship with Lerner as owner would be a good thing??  Our best outcome is to stay up and get new owners that are ambitous.

• Like 1

Mystifies me why anyone might see any 'benefit' in us being relegated.

I don't like the continual struggle but I'll happily accept that rather than drop into league below with the financial implications that would follow.

I know things are different now but the last two times we were relegated we did eventually benefit. In the 60s we were going nowhere. We dropped two divisions and came back stronger winning two league cups and the title and European cup. In the 80s we were a club going nowhere, got relegated, came back up and within two years came second...With the money around its different, but it would give us chance to start again and build a team and its a lot more fun seeing a successful team in the championship than a struggling one in the Premier League

If we do get relegated then we will be on the TV a lot more so even more games will be moved. + a lot more Tue/Wed Night games.

The season Newcastle went down out of the 46 games they played only 15 games were at 3pm with a staggering 31 games played at stupid 'o clock.

Only 10 of the 23 Home games being played at 3pm. 

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/newcastle-united/results/2009-2010/

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

QPR

Burnley

Palace

Leicester

Sunderland

WBA

Hull

Thats the relegation battle opponents. We already have more wins than all of them except WBA  despite playing stronger opposition and im convinced we are at least better than 3 of them to stay up

• Like 2