Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Relegation chances according to the Monte CarloBurnley: 72.6%Villa: 55.8%QPR: 46.1%Leicester: 35.7%Palace: 30.8%Hull: 26.3%WBA: 8.2%Newcastle: 7.2%Sunderland: 6.5%Liverpool: 3.8%Stoke: 3.3%Spurs: 1.9%Everton: 1.1%West Ham: 0.3%Man Utd: 0.3%Arsenal: 0.1%

How does this work?

Let's see the state of play at New Year...we have Burnley, Leicester, Palace (twice), Sunderland, West Brom all to play before and on NYD so we'll know by then what sort of challenge the second half of the season.

I'd liked to think we'll pick up some runs in that spell but can't see it happening if the likes of Vlaar and Benteke continue to come in and out of the team and Delph probably won't play in any of them.

This time last season we also had a similarly decent run and failed dismally to capitalise. 

Think it's shaping up to be like the past three season tbh, even four given we were by the relegation spots in the Houllier year in April. Just not good enough.

If I wasn't an Aston Villa fan, it would be the club I would most want to see relegated

Yup!

We've become a nothing club. A Bolton, a Wigan, a Sunderland type of club that wouldn't be missed by other fans. I'll always love the club but I don't feel any pride towards the team.

Not a single fan favourite/hero type at the club. Maybe Guzan but I find it hard to relate to a keeper

If I wasn't an Aston Villa fan, it would be the club I would most want to see relegated

Yup!

We've become a nothing club. A Bolton, a Wigan, a Sunderland type of club that wouldn't be missed by other fans. I'll always love the club but I don't feel any pride towards the team.

Not a single fan favourite/hero type at the club. Maybe Guzan but I find it hard to relate to a keeper

How does Benteke not fit that bill?

I can see why a lot of people will idolise him but personally I think if he hadn't got injured he'd have gone in the summer, if he doesn't get injured then he'll leave next summer, why would you idolise that?

Hard to get a buzz around any of the players now knowing that if they are any good they ain't playing for us for too long

• Like 2

Relegation chances according to the Monte Carlo

Burnley: 72.6%

Villa: 55.8%

QPR: 46.1%

Leicester: 35.7%

Palace: 30.8%

Hull: 26.3%

WBA: 8.2%

Newcastle: 7.2%

Sunderland: 6.5%

Liverpool: 3.8%

Stoke: 3.3%

Spurs: 1.9%

Everton: 1.1%

West Ham: 0.3%

Man Utd: 0.3%

Arsenal: 0.1%

Crikey.

I actually think we'll hit a decent run of form at some point and stay up fairly comfortably. Just a hunch... Can see Benteke smashing a load in second half of the season

Unfortunately I also think this will paper over the cracks, Delph, Vlaar and Benteke will all leave in the summer, next season will be miserable and we'll go down hopelessly.

Time will tell.

• Like 1

As I said a few weeks ago, the fact that we've lost 6 in a row, haven't won in 7, only scored 1 goal and were still outside the bottom 3 really shows how bad some teams are in this league.

We will be ok again, only just but we will once again stumble along and get to 39 points. Qpr, Leicester & Burnley for me.

Edited by Jimzk5

Nailed on certainty to go down, I reckon.

I don't think it's that bad - you certainly wouldn't have said that at the beginning of the season, would you? It's effing bleak at the moment but if we can regain some form soon, we should be OK. We don't have another horrific run like the one we had a little while back that will disrupt things so massively.