Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

Speaking of "Ahem"...what a weird word...when is "Ahem" used in actual vocal speech?

How else would you spell that "double throat clear" sound that we use to politely attract attention? 

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

Speaking of "Ahem"...what a weird word...when is "Ahem" used in actual vocal speech?

It's kind of like when you half cough to bring someone's attention to something.

• 3 weeks later...

People's obsession with social media, most notably Fcaebook/Instagram and the desperate need to impress people and show that you lead some sort of exciting life.

The actual event is almost secondary now compared to showing off about it. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JB said:

Like when people are on a night out and start Facebooking when they're actually still out... If it's so amazing then why are you spending your night on social media instead of talking to your friends, you dicks? Then the people who are actually on the night out start talking to each other in the comments... Rather than in person. clearings in the woods.

I piss myself off with how easily pissed off I get about things that don't affect me...

Ha yeah exactly! 

Or going to gigs and rather than enjoying the spectacle, people just want to record the whole thing on their phone, that they will probably never watch again, just so they can post clips of it to facebook. 

Fans-take-photos-with-the-011.jpg?w=620&

• Like 2

People's obsession with social media, most notably Fcaebook/Instagram and the desperate need to impress people and show that you lead some sort of exciting life.

At first I thought Voiny was making a comeback when I read that as Faecesbook!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Xela said:

Ha yeah exactly! 

Or going to gigs and rather than enjoying the spectacle, people just want to record the whole thing on their phone, that they will probably never watch again, just so they can post clips of it to facebook. 

It didn't happen if you didn't record it with your phone

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Xela said:

Someone on my timeline tagged themselves at Ikea today.

Why would you think to do that? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Xela said:

Ha yeah exactly! 

I hate this, if I were performing at a gig I'd tell all the spectators to put their phones away. 

• Like 1

Â