Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

No one complaining about Reggae, I see.

Everyone loves Reggae.

tumblr_mhsxm2XjSC1raslbwo1_500.gif

Yep. That is true...or....as I should say......I believe that what I have written is true.

I know it isn't really. Tru' 'Dat.

• Like 3

Sorry, but no. It sounds horrible. Sing properly, or shut the **** up.

My old Granny, used to say the same about anyone who came after John McCormack and Richard Tauber.

She was right. Not for me, but for her. Nothing wrong with liking your own generation's stuff. There is no obligation to 'keep up' with the latest music, like some 'oldest swinger in town' saddo. I don't even believe that John Peel liked most of the stuff he played, he was just protecting his job, and probably went home and played Jethro Tull albums.

No one complaining about Reggae, I see.

Everyone loves Reggae.

tumblr_mhsxm2XjSC1raslbwo1_500.gif

Yep. That is true...or....as I should say......I believe that what I have written is true.

I know it isn't really. Tru' 'Dat.

I'm not crazy about it. Don't hate it like I do rap, but TBH I wouldn't care if it didn't exist.

I don't even believe that John Peel liked most of the stuff he played, he was just protecting his job, and probably went home and played Jethro Tull albums.

You may be right about him not liking most of the stuff he played, but there is no need to insult the great man's taste in this way.

Sorry, but no. It sounds horrible. Sing properly, or shut the **** up.

My old Granny, used to say the same about anyone who came after John McCormack and Richard Tauber.

She was right. Not for me, but for her. Nothing wrong with liking your own generation's stuff. There is no obligation to 'keep up' with the latest music, like some 'oldest swinger in town' saddo. I don't even believe that John Peel liked most of the stuff he played, he was just protecting his job, and probably went home and played Jethro Tull albums.

That just has to be true.  :)

I'm not crazy about it. Don't hate it like I do rap, but TBH I wouldn't care if it didn't exist.

Haha, I know.

However....

Listen to these two tracks and tell me what you think...

I think the problem with a lot of Hip Hop is they chat on for about a minute and a half over the beat at the beginning "Yeah...here we go...this is it....feel me now" until actually getting in to the meat of the song.

This means anyone who is a bit unsure becomes fed up and switches off before it gets going.

• Like 1

I don't even believe that John Peel liked most of the stuff he played, he was just protecting his job, and probably went home and played Jethro Tull albums.

Having shared the decks with him twice I can assure you this is wrong. The man genuinely loved the music he played and was always on the look out for something new to like.

• Like 1

edit: re 8pints yes pretty much. That link AVFCforever posted up the page. I clicked the video and immediately switched it off when the guy went "yeah yeah" after two seconds. 

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 3

Having shared the decks with him twice I can assure you this is wrong. The man genuinely loved the music he played and was always on the look out for something new to like.
Well he was welcome to it.

Haha, I know.

However....

Listen to these two tracks and tell me what you think...

I think the problem with a lot of Hip Hop is they chat on for about a minute and a half over the beat at the beginning "Yeah...here we go...this is it....feel me now" until actually getting in to the meat of the song.

This means anyone who is a bit unsure becomes fed up and switches off before it gets going.

No. I won't bother, thanks. I've done this too many times to fall for it again.

At this stage of life, I don't have enough years left to waste them listening to stuff I can't stand.

Today has mostly been Bartok and Van De Graaf Generator.

• Like 1

Â