Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

14 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

I know who I've met and where I don't need or want a memento to prove it to others

I have served God quite a few Guinness's in my time working behind a bar. 

I don't think a scribbled autograph would replace that experience.

8 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

It must have been a special moment in your dismal life. 

Certainly was. I celebrated this special moment by cutting onions and hand shandying my way through an entire photo album of you pointing at colostomy bags.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Certainly was. I celebrated this special moment by cutting onions and hand shandying my way through an entire photo album of you pointing at colostomy bags.

You say that like that album doesn't exist. 

Obtained a couple of autographs for family and friends, but generally it's unprofessional and not cool to ask.

My resolve on this matter was only really tested once - Diana Rigg.

Just left it as a chat and smile.

• Like 2

One of the very first ever gigs I went to was Dr Feelgood.

I bought a record just before the gig and the guy on the stall asked if I wanted him to sign it. No thanks very much ya weirdo. Then he tried to talk to me about my suit. Yeah, let me stop you there mate, I'm going in to the gig.

Anyway, an hour later, turns out the guy on the stall was the lead singer. 

On 31/08/2018 at 18:44, av1 said:

People that walk past the stairs at a supermarket but then precede to walk up the escalator.

If you want a bit of exercise use the fecking stairs and leave the escalators to the lazy sods amongst us. 

That reminds me.  Things I don't get.  People who don't use the travelator (moving walkways) when walking to and from airport gates.  Who are you trying to impress?  Hop on, thicko.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

That reminds me.  Things I don't get.  People who don't use the travelator (moving walkways) when walking to and from airport gates.  Who are you trying to impress?  Hop on, thicko.

On my most recent holiday the OH came out with "Don't bother with them, they're no faster" (as in walking on the walkway vs walking on the normal ground)

She's an intelligent person, but it took me way longer than I'm comfortable with to explain how they absolutely definitely are faster. She wouldn't budge until I resorted to a physical demonstration.

After a 7 hour flight with another 9 hour flight to go it angered me way more than it should have :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PussEKatt said:

If I wear my underpants on the outside will that make me a superhero or will everybody think Im a superhero ?

Yes and yes.  Trust me.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I dont understand why superheros wear their underpants on the outside.

If I wear my underpants on the outside will that make me a superhero or will everybody think Im a superhero ?

It's a holdover from circus strongman acts.

It's also useful in making a costume more eye catching when designs were much simpler. In modern redesigns of, for instance, Superman, they actually binned the red pants and it looked odd, so they ended up trying to make the design more complex/busy in other ways, like adding more flashy belts, trim pieces, complicated fabric designs.

On 30/08/2018 at 19:36, chrisp65 said:

One of the very first ever gigs I went to was Dr Feelgood.

I bought a record just before the gig and the guy on the stall asked if I wanted him to sign it. No thanks very much ya weirdo. Then he tried to talk to me about my suit. Yeah, let me stop you there mate, I'm going in to the gig.

Anyway, an hour later, turns out the guy on the stall was the lead singer. 

The late Lee Brilleaux I assume?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

The late Lee Brilleaux I assume?

Yes, it was. I did eventually get that autograph on another record.

My memory would have me believe it was also Wilko, but a check back on the dates and it couldn't have been. A room full of hells angels and me, in my sharp suit n tie, with a paisley shirt and red white n blue bowling shoes. They were brilliant, the bikers and angels, just left me alone to get on with it right smack in the middle of them. They'd obviously decided I was either the hardest psycho in Cardiff, or a spotty juvenile dickhead. Guess I'll never know which it was...

• Haha 2

Â