Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

15 minutes ago, Chine said:

Lee Hendries dad cleans them round by us , nice chap, wow they turn some dough over . He said they do between 190 -220 bins a day 

I’m sure it’s good money, even at £4 that’s £4k a week at 200 bins a day. I’m just not a fan of paying for things I can do myself. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chine said:

Lee Hendries dad cleans them round by us , nice chap, wow they turn some dough over . He said they do between 190 -220 bins a day 

I don't believe them. I think you need to find out what they've wheelie bin up to.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I want to start the next scam of providing completely unrequired services to the Hyacinth Buckets of the world.

"Want your letterbox vacuuming? I'll come and do it once a week, £3. When did you last have it done? Look at the state of that, what will the Postman think".

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

I want to start the next scam of providing completely unrequired services to the Hyacinth Buckets of the world.

"Want your letterbox vacuuming? I'll come and do it once a week, £3. When did you last have it done? Look at the state of that, what will the Postman think".

You want to suck out an old lady’s box? :o

You’re right though, fools and their money are easily parted. You just need an angle and an audience. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

Sorry, that was a rubbish joke.

And an old one. At least make them good if you're going to recycle them. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

You want to suck out an old lady’s box? :o

You’re right though, fools and their money are easily parted. You just need an angle and an audience. 

39 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Same as making "the most valuable X thing in the world" 

Alll you need to do is get, I don't know, a bog standard stapler, coat it in gold leaf and fix a load of diamonds to it. Call it the most expensive stapler in the world worth £2m and you'll be on the news and getting social media attention.  You'll probably sell it for 5 times what it cost for the gold and diamonds. 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I seem to be the only person on my street that doesn't get it done, they must make an absolute fortune.

I do the same as above, bleach and hot water, once a year when I clean the deck, good as new. Even once a year seems more than adequate, what are people doing that needs a weekly bin clean? 

I cleaned the bin out about a year ago and use the wheelie bin liners , thing doesn’t get dirty 

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I've never cleaned a wheelie bin, and never will. It's a bin. Bin bags go in it. It lives outside. It never gets particularly dirty.

Yeah I think this is where I was coming from. I've never had any desire to clean my wheelie bin. Unless some amalgamation of meat juices spills inside it, and maybe the wheelie bin was sat in the garden and therefore stinking it up, maybe I'd clean it. 

44 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I've never cleaned a wheelie bin, and never will. It's a bin. Bin bags go in it. It lives outside. It never gets particularly dirty.

This. 

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

This unless at some point it gets particularly fetid then just lob a half bottle of dettol into it. Job's oxo :thumb:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chindie said:

Till a couple of years ago I was the same, then with all the news about plastic is bad I changed. All the non compostable trash goes in direct. No bin bags involved. It’s obviously not as clean, but less harm is done. Wash it out once in a while, jobs a good ‘un.

• Like 1

Those wine glasses/flutes which don’t have a base at the bottom of the stem. 

It’s not often I encounter them, but when I do I find myself thinking throughout the drink “Sure, enjoy the drink Mark, but you now have an obligation not to stray too far from the holder thing for this bloody glass.”

30 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Those wine glasses/flutes which don’t have a base at the bottom of the stem. 

It’s not often I encounter them, but when I do I find myself thinking throughout the drink “Sure, enjoy the drink Mark, but you now have an obligation not to stray too far from the holder thing for this bloody glass.”

Huh? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â