Paul Lambert

limpid

What I find most disappointing after the awful results Is the tragic style of hoof ball we have adopted

Really not easy on the eye

Thats why I want Laudrup in to see what he can do. There's no chance he will be doing worse than Lambert and Eck anyways. Give him a go, at least we will improve our passing

I don't actually think Laudrup would do better. Think it would be Houllier all over again - and given the overtures he made at swansea about money for players, I doub't he'd be intersted in the villa job. Forget Laudrup the player - as a manager he has a patchy record - his successes have been where he taken over a reasonable side. Not the type of guy to revive on a club on a budget IMO.

I do get the feeling will be looking for a new manager come June though. Reading the latest snippets it would seems that Lambert is set to ask Randy for considerably more funds there are number of implications if true:-

1.In Feb the rumours were that Lambo was set to sign a new deal - surely the discussion of transfer funds would have arose then  (my suspicion is a new deal was only tentatively discussed - if at all)  

2.It would be a surprise to me if Lambert (or any future manager) got significant funds from Lerner - Is Lambert trying to engineer a story where he leaves because of a lack of funding - rather than pushed through lack of results ?

At least Laudrup has a football philosophy, i can't see any with Lambert tbh

The thing is fans aren't realistic on a whole. We dream of winning things. Wether it be cups or big games. It's what makes football fans tick. I remember buzzing after the Chelsea win. I watched match of the day about 7-8 times, read just about every paper, listened to loads of podcasts, I loved it, they a week later I'm back in despair.

I don't blame Lambert as much as I would say most fans. I think he's doing slightly below average job. In other words I wouldn't sack him, but talks of a contract extension are insulting.

But talks of realism from a football club who motto a few years ago was Proud history, bright future is shallow and empty. Football isn't realism. Me going to work every day is realism. Me not getting laid for a few months is realism. A huge chunk of my wages coming out my bank in the first week on bills is realism. Me needing to lose wait is realism.

Liverpools fans have been carrying a banner saying "dare to dream" recently...I don't even dare to dare to dream with these negative rocket polishers at my club.

**** it I don't even know what I'm on about now...**** em all.

• Like 1

Major progress? What a joke. And maybe I'd have more sympathy if he hasn't spent the last few months telling us how great the owner is. Sorry Paul you can't suck up to the owner when things are OK and then use it as an excuse when you're doing shit.

• Like 1

That Sun article shows that Lambert at least has his spin doctors in tip-top form, if not the Villa team.

So now Lambert is a Redknapp type with friends in the national press. I think not.

Yeah, proven when they stuck up for him over the FA cup fiasco.

Yeah, good one journalist. Pile the pressure on the manager of our club. That will work a treat; well done.

He's only saying what most people are thinking. He's a journalist covering a local team, not a club employee.

I would rather the Mat went after the board, but he still hasn't the bottle to do that.

Haha, so true.

I don't disagree with anything you have said mate, but if wages are an issue, rather than dilute your budget over a number of lesser quality players, bring in a smaller number of quality players and pay them more.

How many full backs has he brought in, 5? If you include Bacuna.

5 bloody fullbacks, and he has ended up with a loanee on one side and a mish mash on the the other.

That is not a good use of resources.

You don't need to include Bacuna, his natural/favoured position when we bought him was midfield, but he's versatile. If you include him then you should include all the other players we have that CAN play FB, which is misleading.

So Lambert's bought 3 fullbacks, and loaned 1, which isn't ridiculous, when you consider that he's rebuilding a whole squad.

• Like 1

What I find most disappointing after the awful results Is the tragic style of hoof ball we have adopted

Really not easy on the eye

Thats why I want Laudrup in to see what he can do. There's no chance he will be doing worse than Lambert and Eck anyways. Give him a go, at least we will improve our passing

So you'd trade 'dull' football of Lambert for the dull possession football of Laudrup. We've spent most of the season above Swansea. I think some people greatly overlook the good examples of passing in the team and simply shout 'HOOF.' Not simply the case.

• Like 1

It's hard to overlook the fact that we've lost 10 home games in the league this season.  The good examples of passing exist, but they're very few and far between.

It's hard to overlook the fact that we've lost 10 home games in the league this season.  The good examples of passing exist, but they're very few and far between.

Why do people focus on this stat so much? It tells you little on its own. I couldn't care less that we lost 10 home games in a season if we won the other 8 and won half of our away games. What matters is points relative to the other teams (and we're not doing well in that department at the moment), not silly little records.

Edited by Mantis

Why do people focus on this stat so much? It tells you little on its own. I couldn't care less that we lost 10 home games in a season if we won the other 8 and won half of our away games. What matters is points relative to the other teams (and we're not doing well in that department at the moment), not silly little records.

That is folly.

you cannot just resign it to the dust bin as if it never happened....its a trend and trends tell an overall story....you can't BUILD a team on away form, its incomplete and possibly unsustainable.

....Its just like the topic of possession that some folk want to dismiss with an air of convenience, because it doesn't fit the book... We can't do it so dismiss it as an irrelevance.

Graham Souness tried to explain the virtues of Possession during the Bayern  v Man U game, how you get worn out when you hav'nt got the ball and mistakes creep in......much like our infamous March periods with MON.

These Stats that you question have real significant relevance as a component of the overall picture, dismiss them at your peril.

.....and further more, as some think its all about winning and nothing more, how is £500 thereabouts for a season ticket and 5 wins acceptable.

• Like 1

That is folly.

you cannot just resign it to the dust bin as if it never happened....its a trend and trends tell an overall story....you can't BUILD a team on away form, its incomplete and possibly unsustainable.

....Its just like the topic of possession that some folk want to dismiss with an air of convenience, because it doesn't fit the book... We can't do it so dismiss it as an irrelevance.

Graham Souness tried to explain the virtues of Possession during the Bayern  v Man U game, how you get worn out when you hav'nt got the ball and mistakes creep in......much like our infamous March periods with MON.

These Stats that you question have real significant relevance as a component of the overall picture, dismiss them at your peril.

.....and further more, as some think its all about winning and nothing more, how is £500 thereabouts for a season ticket and 5 wins acceptable.

I never said our home form wasn't an issue, I just don't know why people focus so much on this stat in particular as opposed to the bigger picture.

• Like 1

Fair point.  Have we won the other 8?

The thing is fans aren't realistic on a whole. We dream of winning things. Wether it be cups or big games. It's what makes football fans tick. I remember buzzing after the Chelsea win. I watched match of the day about 7-8 times, read just about every paper, listened to loads of podcasts, I loved it, they a week later I'm back in despair.

I don't blame Lambert as much as I would say most fans. I think he's doing slightly below average job. In other words I wouldn't sack him, but talks of a contract extension are insulting.

But talks of realism from a football club who motto a few years ago was Proud history, bright future is shallow and empty. Football isn't realism. Me going to work every day is realism. Me not getting laid for a few months is realism. A huge chunk of my wages coming out my bank in the first week on bills is realism. Me needing to lose wait is realism.

Liverpools fans have been carrying a banner saying "dare to dream" recently...I don't even dare to dare to dream with these negative rocket polishers at my club.

**** it I don't even know what I'm on about now...**** em all.

A shit job is just dressed up as progress..... they must think we are gullible.

Fair point.  Have we won the other 8?

Redundant question because I said "if we won the other 8". My point is that the issue is the lack of wins and too many defeats in general.

Edited by Mantis

It's hard to overlook the fact that we've lost 10 home games in the league this season. The good examples of passing exist, but they're very few and far between.

Fair point. Have we won the other 8?

Was going to say the same

Â