Paul Lambert

limpid

It's hard to overlook the fact that we've lost 10 home games in the league this season.  The good examples of passing exist, but they're very few and far between.

Why do people focus on this stat so much? It tells you little on its own. I couldn't care less that we lost 10 home games in a season if we won the other 8 and won half of our away games. What matters is points relative to the other teams (and we're not doing well in that department at the moment), not silly little records.

Fair point.  Have we won the other 8?

Redundant question because I said "if we won the other 8". My point is that the issue is the lack of wins and too many defeats in general.

Ah so we haven't.  That's the thing about records, they tend to stick around a bit.  They're also a bit inconvenient when you're trying to defend the indefensible.

• Like 2

Couldn't resist bringing up the supposed lack of 'realism' from fans again I see. Can he ever go a press-conference without trying to push blame onto us nowadays?

People do need a reality check though.

In what way? We know where we are in the table and we know why. That's reality, but why should we just sit there and take it? villa are a big club, and it's about time we remembered it.

It's hard to overlook the fact that we've lost 10 home games in the league this season.  The good examples of passing exist, but they're very few and far between.

Why do people focus on this stat so much? It tells you little on its own. I couldn't care less that we lost 10 home games in a season if we won the other 8 and won half of our away games. What matters is points relative to the other teams (and we're not doing well in that department at the moment), not silly little records.

Redundant question because I said "if we won the other 8". My point is that the issue is the lack of wins and too many defeats in general.

Ah so we haven't.  That's the thing about records, they tend to stick around a bit.  They're also a bit inconvenient when you're trying to defend the indefensible.

Why focus on the 10 home defeats?

Ha! I've heard it all now!

Are you even reading my posts? I'm not even trying to "defend" anything, I just don't know why people obsess over little records rather than the season as a whole (which has been poor, before I'm accused of "defending" something again).

Should be given his P45 if we lose today. I know that it's bordering on the ridiculous to sack a manger at this point of the season, but any old half wit could drag us over the line in the remaining few games. I just can't tolerate much more of his dour, insipid demeanour, shit football, and McLeish style excuses.

• Like 2

Should be given his P45 if we lose today. I know that it's bordering on the ridiculous to sack a manger at this point of the season, but any old half wit could drag us over the line in the remaining few games. I just can't tolerate much more of his dour, insipid demeanour, shit football, and McLeish style excuses.

What McLeish style excuses? 

• Like 1

How is having a lot of young players auomatically major progress? Baffling sentence.

I think Lambert is comparing it with the squad he inherited. I agree with him.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

A crap manager making excuses for his own dismal performance.  Can't way until that clown is out of the club for good.

What excuses? There has been plenty of opportunities to make excuses but Lambert seems to embrace the challenge from what I can see. I think this is the toughest job in the Premiership, and Lambert needs one more year at the very least to be judged properly. 

• Like 1

A crap manager making excuses for his own dismal performance.  Can't way until that clown is out of the club for good.

What excuses? There has been plenty of opportunities to make excuses but Lambert seems to embrace the challenge from what I can see. I think this is the toughest job in the Premiership, and Lambert needs one more year at the very least to be judged properly.

We're as bad if not worse than we were the day he took over. How is that 'embracing the challenge'?

As for giving him another year - what for? So he can finally relegate us?

• Like 2

What McLeish style excuses?

Those that make him sound like McLeish :thumb:

• Like 1

We're as bad if not worse than we were the day he took over

We were a lot worse under McLeish, I think our performances are far more entertaining (which was the biggest gripe under Alex McLeish). And nobody can deny that the squad Lambert inherited needed a complete overhaul.

How is that 'embracing the challenge'?

How is it not embracing the challenge? Trying to rebuild a squad (with restricted finances) and keeping us in the division is a tough challenge, even if we try to deny reality. We could have easily been relegated under another person given the testing circumstances.

As for giving him another year - what for? So he can finally relegate us? 

Why would you suggest relegation? Lambert needs the opportunity to invest in more established players to take the club further. We are at the stage now to sign quality not quantity which is down to Lambert's work in the transfer market. 

• Like 4

How can anyone dismiss that home loss record? I would imagine is a very small minority which is good.

Couldn't resist bringing up the supposed lack of 'realism' from fans again I see. Can he ever go a press-conference without trying to push blame onto us nowadays?

People do need a reality check though.

Lower those expectations folks.

I was very vocal in my anti-Barry opinion last summer but he'd be fantastic for us. Showed he can still do it at Everton. Midfield of him, Westy and Delph would be pretty good.

First Holtby and it now seems Lambert was stopped by Lerner from signing Gareth Barry who according to Charlie Nicholas wanted to and still wants to rejoin Villa

Any reliable source? Or just something imagined?

First Holtby and it now seems Lambert was stopped by Lerner from signing Gareth Barry who according to Charlie Nicholas wanted to and still wants to rejoin Villa

Lamberts latest interview shows hes upset about something i think, he never talks like that and i think he's been told that the summer will be more of the same imo. Is there a manager that hasnt been destroyed by Lerner? Where are they all now? 

I was very vocal in my anti-Barry opinion last summer but he'd be fantastic for us. Showed he can still do it at Everton. Midfield of him, Westy and Delph would be pretty good.

Lambert is probably going for a lower league midfielder or spends 10 mill + pounds  on yet a tall striker.

Â