Paul Lambert

limpid

When has Lambert spent over 10m on anybody?

At least be accurate if you're going to try and be witty.

Why do you care? Lambert doesn't like quality anyways he prefer quantity, thats my main point and consern

Edited by villalad21

First Holtby and it now seems Lambert was stopped by Lerner from signing Gareth Barry who according to Charlie Nicholas wanted to and still wants to rejoin Villa

Lamberts latest interview shows hes upset about something i think, he never talks like that and i think he's been told that the summer will be more of the same imo. Is there a manager that hasnt been destroyed by Lerner? Where are they all now?

Please!

What kind of environment do you live/work in?

The club has hired already wealthy individuals in O'Neill, Houllier, McLeish and Lambert.

They have been hired on contracts that pay unimaginable amounts of money to us mere mortals.

They are hired on the basis that they put themselves forward of someone capable of managing a team playing at the highest level in this country.

They are aware of the tools for them to succeed in their job, the squad, the training infrastructure, and the budget for improving either or both, where they see fit.

Clearly the Lambert spin machine now sees the writing on the wall, so we hear leaks of him being 'upset'.

To be honest with you, if I was as shit at my job as Lambert is, I would be upset. The difference is that I wouldn't be seeking to blame others, I would hold my hands up and resign.

Edited by thetrees
  • Like 2

First Holtby and it now seems Lambert was stopped by Lerner from signing Gareth Barry who according to Charlie Nicholas wanted to and still wants to rejoin Villa

Lamberts latest interview shows hes upset about something i think, he never talks like that and i think he's been told that the summer will be more of the same imo. Is there a manager that hasnt been destroyed by Lerner? Where are they all now?

Please!

The club has hired already wealthy individuals in O'Neill, Houllier, McLeish and Lambert.

They have been hired on contracts that pay unimaginable amounts of money to us mere mortals.

They are hired on the basis that they put themselves forward of someone capable of managing a team playing at the highest level in this country.

They are aware of the tools for them to succeed in their job, the squad, the training infrastructure, and the budget for improving either or both, where they see fit.

Clearly the Lambert spin machine now sees the writing on the wall, so we hear leaks of him being 'upset'.

To be honest with you, if I was as shit at my job as Lambert is, I would be upset. The difference is that I wouldn't be seeking to blame others, I would hold my hands up and resign.

Well said.

Please!

Are you sure about that? How do you know what kind of promises and what is said before they sign up?

I'm not defending lambert, far from it and i have said i hope he leaves in the summer. But how many managers can be hired by lerner, given nothing to work with and then constantly failing under him before attention is shifted more towards him. Lambert has to go for me but i wouldnt celebrate the day because i know full well lerner will hire the next fall guy, give him nothing to work with and the fans will turn on him also.

Very well put, but also very sad.

Please!

Are you sure about that? How do you know what kind of promises and what is said before they sign up?

I'm not defending lambert, far from it and i have said i hope he leaves in the summer. But how many managers can be hired by lerner, given nothing to work with and then constantly failing under him before attention is shifted more towards him. Lambert has to go for me but i wouldnt celebrate the day because i know full well lerner will hire the next fall guy, give him nothing to work with and the fans will turn on him also.

I also agree with a lot this.

Just need them both to go.

Please!

There is nothing to suggest that the owner has reneged on any promises made regarding backing. Lambert has been backed with a transfer budget, and back when he wanted to improve the contracts of certain players (Benteke, Lowton, Westwood, Weimann)

And if you think that O'Neill, Houllier and McLeish were 'given nothing to work with' then 'something' will never come for you.

Please!

There is nothing to suggest that the owner has reneged on any promises made regarding backing. Lambert has been backed with a transfer budget, and back when he wanted to improve the contracts of certain players (Benteke, Lowton, Westwood, Weimann)

And if you think that O'Neill, Houllier and McLeish were 'given nothing to work with' then 'something' will never come for you.

Well obviously nobody here can say whether or not lerner has reneged on any promises, however personally reading lamberts pressers even back to his first january i always got the impression he hasn't gotten what he thought he would, i never said those 3 managers weren't backed either but im asking given that this is now the remit how many men post lambert will fail in similar circumstances? Given that even with money none of lerners managers have been anything other than diabolical.

I've been critical of lamberts signings and ive always suggested he's had enough to make us better than we currently are but im not sure i agree with the "Lambert has been backed" bit.

Why do you care? Lambert doesn't like quality anyways he prefer quantity, thats my main point and consern

Yeah he should of just signed 5 or 6 players instead of 18,  we would breeze through the season.  Who needs a squad eh?

Think he got it horribly wrong last summer. Most of the players he brought added nothing. With Benteke injured next season looks ominous already - he still has a similar job to do as he did 2 seasons back - Vlaar and Guzan (although not of late) look our only quality players for next August team sheet.

Think he got it horribly wrong last summer. Most of the players he brought added nothing. With Benteke injured next season looks ominous already - he still has a similar job to do as he did 2 seasons back - Vlaar and Guzan (although not of late) look our only quality players for next August team sheet.

He wasn't exactly helped by having most of his summer outlay injured for a lot of the season.

Please!

I'd say it will be more a case of him saying 'F**k this I'm sick of this shit job' and doing what he can to get out of here.  Then the messiah can be appointed and have us finishing top 6 on a shoestring budget.  

If Lambert leaves soon then the truth is he will never of had a proper crack at the job here as he has been under restraint in every transfer window, maybe if he was allowed to sign premiership quality players then he would deserve all the stick he gets on here.  

• Like 1

Yeah he should of just signed 5 or 6 players instead of 18,  we would breeze through the season.  Who needs a squad eh?

Strange then that people use the injuries excuse for him when he signed squad-fillers for that exact reason.

I don't think it's so much that he got it horribly wrong in the summer, but more I think he was naive about how good our squad was/is, and I think every fan would be in the same boat. Some of the signings do, now, seem baffling, but when you consider that everybody, including Lambert, was probably thinking that the likes of Lowton, Westwood, Sylla, Weimann and Gabby (and Vlaar, Delph and Benteke to some degree) were going to continue the form from last season, all we had to do was fill in the gaps (LB and CB, Luna and Okore) and then start to flesh out the squad.

The problem then lies in that those who were good last season have mostly failed to replicate their form, and the squad players were then relied on to immediately make an impact in the first team. Then your main (starting) signing gets injured for the season and the whole window gets unraveled.

To say he got it horribly wrong is harsh imo. Saying he was overly naive and too confident in our then-current squad, I think is more fair.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

The level of investment required from the owner, or a future owner are a separate issue, and I agree that improved funding is required.

But the fact is that Lambert knew what was available to him when he took the job, and he has not only slightly failed, he has failed dramatically.

If this club is to see larger investment in the future, then the man making the decisions on which players to invest the money in needs to be a hell of a lot more savvy than Paul Lambert.

• Like 1

Strange then that people use the injuries excuse for him when he signed squad-fillers for that exact reason.

Yeah and what would of happened if he had signed 5 or 6 big signings and 3 of them got serious injuries?   The squad is only now at the point where we can add the quality players needed to push us on.  We should have a decent squad next year if the manager is allowed to add 3 or 4 quality players to it and get rid of a couple of players that didn't work out.  It's unrealistic to expect us to be anything other than what we have been in the last couple of seasons as the turn-around has been massive.  

Â