Paul Lambert

limpid

The article by Ian Taylor is better as he is a former Villa player and apparently still cares about the club.

The similarity between Lambert at Villa and Houghton at Norwich over the same period of time is quite interesting.

Lambert is supposedly a better manager at a bigger club with more funds yet he can't do better than a supposedly inferior manager at an inferior club with inferior funds.

Remarkable.

Edited by pacbuddies

Yeah, good one journalist.  Pile the pressure on the manager of our club.  That will work a treat; well done.

He's only saying what most people are thinking.  He's a journalist covering a local team, not a club employee.

I would rather the Mat went after the board, but he still hasn't the bottle to do that.

Or maybe he doesn't seem a problem there?

The article by Ian Taylor is better as he is a former Villa player and apparently still acres about the club.

The similarity between Lambert at Villa and Houghton at Norwich over the same period of time is quite interesting.

Lambert is supposedly a better manager at a bigger club with more funds yet he can't do better than a supposedly inferior manager at an inferior club with inferior funds.

Remarkable.

One club, previously managed by Lambert, on an upward trajectory.  The other club, previously mismanaged by everyone and on a downward trajectory.

But yes, remarkably similar.

Edited by bobzy

Yeah, good one journalist.  Pile the pressure on the manager of our club.  That will work a treat; well done.

Typically, a journo like that would only write that kind of article if it looked like the manager was on the way out. It's an awful risk to take otherwise, as minimal access would very quickly become zero access otherwise

That Sun article shows that Lambert at least has his spin doctors in tip-top form, if not the Villa team.

So now Lambert is a Redknapp type with friends in the national press. I think not.

What I got from that particular article, given the timing of it and the fact that other contrary articles are starting to come out, is that something is potentially up, and Lambert has called in a favour from someone to make sure he comes out smelling of roses. I'm not saying it's definitely the case, but that's the kind of article you get a buddy in the media to write for you if you're about to lose your job, so you've seeded the idea that it wasn't your fault things didn't go too well.

Yeah, good one journalist. Pile the pressure on the manager of our club. That will work a treat; well done.

He's only saying what most people are thinking. He's a journalist covering a local team, not a club employee.

I would rather the Mat went after the board, but he still hasn't the bottle to do that.

Or maybe he doesn't seem a problem there?

No that's a very small select group that see no issue with the board or manager.

From that article in The Sun

"He then gave him two seasons to gut the place"

Do we know if this was actually the case and Lambert had no choice but to overhaul so many players in so little time and with so little money?

This is key to understanding exactly how big a job Lambert has been faced with. If true i'd say he's done well and should be given time to see what he can do now most of the stripping back has been done.

I guess we'll never know though.

If I remember correctly, Hairyhands said so. Not 100% sure but maybe someone else remembers it as well

I was really worryed after the Fulham loss. What really shocked me was that Lambert is still experimenting with the team after almost 2 years in the job.

If he is still here this time next year he will still be experimenting with the team because he is not up to the task.

• Like 1

We are obviously holding on to a manager for a longer period of time than any other club would do. That is noble, it's probably smart, because I hate short-term decisions and sometimes those decisions are just way out of order. Sacking managers like Hughton, though,  is completely in order IMO, because he is not a good manager and I have never believed in him. I have believed in Lambert before, right now I am in the middle of things leaning towards the other side to be honest. I just don't see how he will take us further; I don't trust his ability in the market for one minute and I think his tactics in general are mediocre at best when compared to other managers. Still there is something romantic about keeping the manager and clutching on to the hope that he one day makes us all blush because we wanted him to resign.

I also remember my first long relationship when I was about 15-16 years old, I remember how my girlfriend and I would tell each other that our relationship was better than everyone else's. When I was 18 I dumped that bitch and a couple of years later I got a much hotter one.

I was really worryed after the Fulham loss. What really shocked me was that Lambert is still experimenting with the team after almost 2 years in the job.

I don't think that was experimental...it was just gutted though injury. We've got about 5 good players, 3 or 4 ok players and the rest are dross. Take 4 or 5 of the good/ok players out you're left with the dross.

I don't think that was experimental...it was just gutted though injury. We've got about 5 good players, 3 or 4 ok players and the rest are dross. Take 4 or 5 of the good/ok players out you're left with the dross.

Yet he could have lined up with:

------------Guzan------------

Lowton--Vlaar--Baker---Bertrand

----Bacuna--Westwood--Sylla----

Weimann-------Holt------Albrighton

So to me it was still an experiment, and it's not the first time we have seen this. We need a manager that has a clear system where the players have clear roles in their team.

So to me it was still an experiment, and it's not the first time we have seen this. We need a manager that has a clear system where the players have clear roles in their team.

So swapping Sylla for Bennett doesn't make it experimental? Edited by Oaks

So swapping Sylla for Bennett doesn't make it experimental?

What do you mean? He played 4 full backs against Fulham, 4. Bringing in Sylla and Bacuna in the middle wouldn't change the system.

So swapping Sylla for Bennett doesn't make it experimental?

What do you mean? He played 4 full backs against Fulham, 4. Bringing in Sylla and Bacuna in the middle wouldn't change the system.

And you're saying playing 3. Bertrand by the way has played midfield in a European Cup final. Sylla is just an awful footballer.

• Like 2

Â