Paul Lambert

limpid

From that article in The Sun

"He then gave him two seasons to gut the place"

Do we know if this was actually the case and Lambert had no choice but to overhaul so many players in so little time and with so little money?

This is key to understanding exactly how big a job Lambert has been faced with. If true i'd say he's done well and should be given time to see what he can do now most of the stripping back has been done.

I guess we'll never know though.

We need to replace given,hutton,Lowton,bennett,Luna,Baker,Clark, westwood,kea,sylla,tonev,nzogbia,Gabby,bowery and wiemann. I'm not convinced on Kozak either.

none of them are good enough or are failing to produce performances. That's 15/16 players that in an ideal world should be moved on. Our squad is bloody horrific which is why we are crap. Lambert is a poor manager with a poor squad which is why we are awful week in week out most of the time

Disagree with this.  Lowton, Bennett, Baker, Clark, Westwood, KEA, Agbonlahor and Weimann are all capable squad players (possibly Luna and Tonev too) - there's absolutely no need to move them on and I'd probably have Westwood in the first team to be honest.  Our squad really isn't that bad for where we are, it's just the lack of quality in the first team that is really hindering us.

The one positive from the relatively-low-wage squad is that they'll now have Premier League experience.  Coupled with 4/5 quality players (hopefully) this summer - I think we'd be in decent stead.

The way I look at it is by trying to imagine which of these would get into our rivals sides? I only see Westwood and Gabby getting anywhere near other sides first team or even squads?

As for low fees and wages well that's all well and good but we still have to pay them if they are shite. Plus I don't think we would get our money back on the likes of Luna, Tonev, Lowton, Bennett, KEA, Bowery et al. The only player whose value has risen is Benteke and he is not worth as much as some people think.

Do we know if this was actually the case and Lambert had no choice but to overhaul so many players in so little time and with so little money?.

The fact that Bent was initially made captain, Given started as No. 1, Ireland and N'Zogbia were given ample opportunities last season and both Gabby and Delph are key-players would suggest not.

Do we know if this was actually the case and Lambert had no choice but to overhaul so many players in so little time and with so little money?.

The fact that Bent was initially made captain, Given started as No. 1, Ireland and N'Zogbia were given ample opportunities last season and both Gabby and Delph are key-players would suggest not.

Although Lerner's letter from last January would suggest otherwise. I think things that needed to be changed would have been given to him from the outset and also continually by the board. I assume Bent, Given, Ireland and Zoggy would have been looked to as the better quality players of the bunch, although that ended up not being the case.

Although Lerner's letter from last January would suggest otherwise. I think things that needed to be changed would have been given to him from the outset and also continually by the board. I assume Bent, Given, Ireland and Zoggy would have been looked to as the better quality players of the bunch, although that ended up not being the case.

I think it is the case that they were either dropped for not fitting into Lambert's system or due to poor form. If say Ireland had been our best player up until last January he wouldn't have been dropped and would probably still be here now.

I think it is the case that they were either dropped for not fitting into Lambert's system or due to poor form. If say Ireland had been our best player up until last January he wouldn't have been dropped and would probably still be here now.

Yeah I agree, to be fair I guess any manager coming into the club would have looked at those 4 as the players that would be of better quality, in turn possibly being leaders for young players coming in. Shame that didn't come to fruition.

• Like 1

Â