Paul Lambert

limpid

I'm sure someone said on Sunday the defence of him would start midweek. Excellent prediction by whoever made that.

Great post, really good.

(Where's the defence by the way?)

Not really in the mood for the usual back and forth. It seems to me there are people who still back him to do well, want him to have more time and defend what's been poor. You've got useless almost proud for lambert that we've managed to stay in the league and another poster even said give him the first few games if we get relegated.

I think there's people saying they like him/wouldn't sack him. Not sure that's a defence, though. Everyone is in complete agreement that we're currently terrible.

Just don't understand the need to post shit like "I'm sure someone said on Sunday the defence of him would start midweek. Excellent prediction by whoever made that." - especially when it hasn't even happened. What are you trying to prove?

Don't know really. Probably the same you and the gang were trying to prove when you mocked anyone who wanted him sacked months ago.

If a run of 12 points from a possible 57, including a run of nine games without a win (which included six defeats on the spin), the current run of 8 games without a win, 7 goals scored in 28 and half hours of league football and some absolute tripe served up during that run isn't enough for some to say enough is enough under this manager then, in all fairness, I doubt very much it ever will be.

i just could not have put that any better.

....its like the worst pub in the uk, there will always be one person in it, just to defy them that say its the worst pub.

I respect everyone of the posters that still want the manager to stay and have a lot of time for a couple of them but for now in terms of debating with them around this issue I have decided to throw in the towel.

The way I see it now is that the results speak for themselves, the dire performances speak for themselves and the breaking of Christ knows how many negative records in this clubs history speak for themselves. If non of that is enough to convince some supporters that enough is enough and that the manager should go then nothing I can say as a mere fellow supporter will change there mind.

I'll still dip my toe into this thread to give my two penneths worth though :)

....and long may you continue to dip in your toe, but I rather favour the foot and the leg too....how avaricious of me. :)

seriously Mark... my pub comment was tongue in cheek, of course folk are entitled to their opinion and how are we ever going to enrich our opinions if everyone agrees.

• Like 1

Chelsea next - we already know how many points we will be getting from that game.

Then we have a couple of winnable matches. March is looking like a good month at the moment. If they go completely tits up then maybe it will be time to change. Depending on where we are I guess.

Make your mind up!  ;)

I'm sure someone said on Sunday the defence of him would start midweek. Excellent prediction by whoever made that.

Great post, really good.

(Where's the defence by the way?)

Not really in the mood for the usual back and forth. It seems to me there are people who still back him to do well, want him to have more time and defend what's been poor. You've got useless almost proud for lambert that we've managed to stay in the league and another poster even said give him the first few games if we get relegated.

I think there's people saying they like him/wouldn't sack him. Not sure that's a defence, though. Everyone is in complete agreement that we're currently terrible.

Just don't understand the need to post shit like "I'm sure someone said on Sunday the defence of him would start midweek. Excellent prediction by whoever made that." - especially when it hasn't even happened. What are you trying to prove?

Don't know really. Probably the same you and the gang were trying to prove when you mocked anyone who wanted him sacked months ago.

"Mocked" :D.  How so?

Oh my god, the goalposts have really moved now. Give him 5/6 games in the Championship and if we are struggling bring in someone new.

You couldn't make this up!

You can't just pick bits of the post you need to take it all into context.
Actually I can. If we are in the Championship next season then Lambert should not be anywhere near this club.
So in your opinion Lambert is the ONLY reason why we are struggling?

Not the only reason but the main reason.

As I stated many pages back, he buys the players, he trains the players, he selects the team, he selects the tactics, he gives the pre match talk, he gives the half time talk, he makes the substitutions so therefore he is responsible for things that happen on match day.

Dress it up anyway you like but you can't shift the blame to Lerner or the players for every single game in which we have lost and/or failed to score and the constant relegation battles that we have to endure.

He hasn't really been allowed to bring in proper quality though. Our highest amount spent on a player is the 7mill or so on Benteke and until this season he was the best thing since sliced bread. Lost his way abit it would seem. We have been stuck with players like Agbonlahor who is getting worse and worse as the seasons go on trying to feed the ball to Benteke to score a bloody goal. What can Lambert do once they are out on the pitch?

I persobally blame the players more than anything. Are they not earning enough to do their jobs properly? (Actually I blame Lerner and the players equally).

But that's just me I guess.

• Like 1

Oh my god, the goalposts have really moved now. Give him 5/6 games in the Championship and if we are struggling bring in someone new.

Actually I can. If we are in the Championship next season then Lambert should not be anywhere near this club.

As I stated many pages back, he buys the players, he trains the players, he selects the team, he selects the tactics, he gives the pre match talk, he gives the half time talk, he makes the substitutions so therefore he is responsible for things that happen on match day.

Dress it up anyway you like but you can't shift the blame to Lerner or the players for every single game in which we have lost and/or failed to score and the constant relegation battles that we have to endure.

He hasn't really been allowed to bring in proper quality though. Our highest amount spent on a player is the 7mill or so on Benteke and until this season he was the best thing since sliced bread. Lost his way abit it would seem. We have been stuck with players like Agbonlahor who is getting worse and worse as the seasons go on trying to feed the ball to Benteke to score a bloody goal. What can Lambert do once they are out on the pitch?

I persobally blame the players more than anything. Are they not earning enough to do their jobs properly? (Actually I blame Lerner and the players equally).

I agree with you about Agbonlahor getting worse and worse by the season but what I have to point out is that Lambert gave the dude a new 4 year contract so he is also responsible for that.

He is the manager, he is supposed to manage. Not too difficult to understand.

If a run of 12 points from a possible 57, including a run of nine games without a win (which included six defeats on the spin), the current run of 8 games without a win, 7 goals scored in 28 and half hours of league football and some absolute tripe served up during that run isn't enough for some to say enough is enough under this manager then, in all fairness, I doubt very much it ever will be.

....its like the worst pub in the uk, there will always be one person in it, just to defy them that say its the worst pub.

I respect everyone of the posters that still want the manager to stay and have a lot of time for a couple of them but for now in terms of debating with them around this issue I have decided to throw in the towel.

The way I see it now is that the results speak for themselves, the dire performances speak for themselves and the breaking of Christ knows how many negative records in this clubs history speak for themselves. If non of that is enough to convince some supporters that enough is enough and that the manager should go then nothing I can say as a mere fellow supporter will change there mind.

....and long may you continue to dip in your toe, but I rather favour the foot and the leg too....how avaricious of me. :)

seriously Mark... my pub comment was tongue in cheek, of course folk are entitled to their opinion and how are we ever going to enrich our opinions if everyone agrees.

Yes your right of course. For those that think otherwise I am not trying to change peoples mind but I am now seeing little point when someone says Lamberts should stay me coming back with a list as long as your arm as to why I think he should go. His record speaks for itself.

For as long as he remains our manager I desperately want him to turn things around. I get that people like him. Despite thinking he is way out of his depth I like him as well and I would love to find something to cling to in all this. I have acknowledged that the manager has done well in the transfer market but that is nowhere near enough and almost meaningless as he gets nowhere near anything approaching the best out of what he himself said months ago is the best squad he has had.

I look across his whole reign here and there is nothing to make me think he can turn this around. You look at his long term record and it is terrible. You look at just this season with a decent squad and it is terrible. You look at the last dozen games it is terrible. We started at pretty much rock bottom when he arrived having just taken 38 points from 38 games. Overall he hasn't improved on that and over the last 19 games (half a season) we have just taken 12 points. We are therefore heading rapidly backwards. For me his record is indefensible.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

I agree with you about Agbonlahor getting worse and worse by the season but what I have to point out is that Lambert gave the dude a new 4 year contract so he is also responsible for that.

He is the manager, he is supposed to manage. Not too difficult to understand.

I guess you could say " its a rogues den" with Lambert himself getting a 4 year contract....There seems like a hidden agenda/boys club that the fans are not privvy to.

Yes your right of course. For those that think otherwise I am not trying to change peoples mind but I am now seeing little point when someone says Lamberts should stay me coming back with a list as long as your arm as to why I think he should go. His record speaks for itself.

For as long as he remains our manager I desperately want him to turn things around. I get that people like him. Despite thinking he is way out of his depth I like him as well and I would love to find something to cling to in all this. I have acknowledged that the manager has done well in the transfer market but that is nowhere near enough and almost meaningless as he gets nowhere near anything approaching the best out of what he himself said months ago is the best squad he has had.

I look across his whole reign here and there is nothing to make me think he can turn this around. You look at this long term record and it is terrible. You look at just this season with a decent squad and it is terrible. You look at the last dozen games it is terrible. We started at pretty much rock bottom when he arrived having just taken 38 points from 38 games. Overall he hasn't improved on that and over the last 19 games (half a season) we have just taken 12 points. We are therefore heading rapidly backwards. For me his record is indefensible.

i concur

I look across his whole reign here and there is nothing to make me think he can turn this around. You look at his long term record and it is terrible. You look at just this season with a decent squad and it is terrible. You look at the last dozen games it is terrible. We started at pretty much rock bottom when he arrived having just taken 38 points from 38 games. Overall he hasn't improved on that and over the last 19 games (half a season) we have just taken 12 points. We are therefore heading rapidly backwards. For me his record is indefensible.

This is pretty much my view. I don't dislike the guy, and we all know the restricted budgets he has had to work to etc etc but.....tactically he just been clueless on too many occasions.

I had the misfortune of attending the Emirates on Sunday and tactically he got it so wrong. To try and take the game to a club like Arsenal and play a high defence is suicide, especially in out current state. How he can't see this I don't know. And I can't see the visit of Chelsea at the weekend being any more pleasant.

It's a shame as Lambert has shown that he has a good eye in the transfer market. But getting a squad to gel together has not happened in his two and a half years. If you look at our squad,even before Gil and Sinclair were added, it should still be enough to not be in a relegation fight. The only glimmer of hope I can muster up is that we can string a run of results together with the recently added flair. Or atleast look at getting on the scoresheet.

• Like 1

I think everyone who, like me has had enough of lambert should not attend Saturdays game, simple.

Yes I know people have paid already etc etc but how else can you make it known to Lerner that we want the prick out now.

Good idea but it won't work because it needs to be a combined effort with all fans groups/forums etc. and we saw only recently that not many people give a toss about protests they just want to go to VP and then moan about it afterwards.

The biggest gripe I have with this man and regime is that there is a sense of not caring and enevitability creeping in to our play but more concerning to our support me included.

Now I'm not saying for one minute that I don't care about result or relegation but with the farcical management structure from top to bottom, I don't care what the hell is done to fix it. We haven't scored a goal in 6 league games and sitting idly by and expecting us to do what we have been doing and put pay to "false narratives" is a crock of shit attitude to have and a cop out of the highest order.

These phrases that the club trot out boil my blood as if they are more knowledgeable or have an insight to the greater workings of football more so than us common fans.

Stop talking about going in the right direction and take action. I couldn't care if Lambert stays or goes but what I do care about is that he takes responsibility for the turgid performances that his team put on. Sitting by and hoping that it clicks into place soon won't cut it and shouldn't earn you the extortionate fee that you are being payed per year.

If your not going to look at the facts and realise tour not doing a stellar job then please start caring Lambert or at least getting your players to care and put the ball in the back of the net and that will be a start.

• Like 1

Â