Paul Lambert

limpid

Why are people getting so angry that a couple of people are still defending Lambert?

What difference does it make?

Because they don't get to say "I told you so" until those people admit they were wrong. Until then, they don't score any points.
Like is really not enough for this post. Dave I agree entirely with your view
Aye, but as somebody who supports Lambert, you would. You are entitled to your view, just as others are entitled to question it.

I'm not sure people are angry either, well not ALL of them, it would be wrong to suggest that. It is mostly bemusement.

Again the definition of support is up for debate here.

But I don't want Lambert as our manager anymore, and I agree with DDID too.

The people who are anti Lambert are right. His time has passed, probably long ago. But why does it matter if one or two (and that's literally all it is) still want him as manager?

We are on a forum, people are bound to debate situations, especially with passions running high. Why are you so offended by people questioning something? Like you say, you have your opinion and their questioning doesn't affect your view.

I don't want to police what people can and cannot question, and they can do so as much as they like. Those who support Lambert have the same right to question the doubters if they so wish.

Why are people getting so angry that a couple of people are still defending Lambert?

What difference does it make?

Because they don't get to say "I told you so" until those people admit they were wrong. Until then, they don't score any points.
Like is really not enough for this post. Dave I agree entirely with your view
Aye, but as somebody who supports Lambert, you would. You are entitled to your view, just as others are entitled to question it.

I'm not sure people are angry either, well not ALL of them, it would be wrong to suggest that. It is mostly bemusement.

Again the definition of support is up for debate here.

But I don't want Lambert as our manager anymore, and I agree with DDID too.

The people who are anti Lambert are right. His time has passed, probably long ago. But why does it matter if one or two (and that's literally all it is) still want him as manager?

We are on a forum, people are bound to debate situations, especially with passions running high. Why are you so offended by people questioning something? Like you say, you have your opinion and their questioning doesn't affect your view.

I don't want to police what people can and cannot question, and they can do so as much as they like. Those who support Lambert have the same right to question the doubters if they so wish.

There is a difference between debating and being attacked/picked at across the entire forum because of your views though, which is what is happening to anybody who shows any form of support at all for Lambert so it seems.

• Like 1

I think its more to do with the way its been happening. Since the Arsenal game we've had the better fan card played, People calling others view points idiotic and the mention of trying to change peoples opinions. It is a forum for debating points back and forth but it seems now that people are still trying to convince the last few people that do support Lambert to change their minds and doing it in a way that isn't called for.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

I'm not offended by the questioning. Far from it.

The majority of people want Lambert out, including myself, and discuss it and debate it just fine.

But there's one or two (not you) who are taking great pleasure in revelling in it and ridiculing the one or two people who still want him in. That's what confuses me.

I'd genuinely find it hard to revel in it, my club is in pieces and could go down. For me that is a **** disaster and I don't find any joy in that at all.

The majority of people want Lambert out, including myself, and discuss it and debate it just fine.

But there's one or two (not you) who are taking great pleasure in revelling in it and ridiculing the one or two people who still want him in. That's what confuses me.

I'd genuinely find it hard to revel in it, my club is in pieces and could go down. For me that is a **** disaster and I don't find any joy in that at all.

And like I said, I'm not talking about you.

But there are one or two who are firmly on board the "I Told You So" train. Maybe revelling is too strong a word, but they're certainly enjoying ridiculing the one or two who still want Lambert.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

I'm still in favour of Lambert, but it's borne out of 10% faith in his ability, 10% desire to see what a young manager at a club long term can do, and 80% fear of what would replace him.

But there are one or two who are firmly on board the "I Told You So" train. Maybe revelling is too strong a word, but they're certainly enjoying ridiculing the one or two who still want Lambert.

I'm not sure I've seen this train. What have they told me? The same information that they had and we all had months ago, plus a 5-0 defeat to Arsenal? Are they telling me that they're right, and I'm wrong on the basis of this 5-0 defeat, or when did they decide that they were in a position to 'tell me'? 

The 'I told you so' train will roll into yillan country when Paul Lambert leaves and then a year later Villa are in a better position than they are in this moment. Then I will fully accept that I have been told. So

• Like 1

I'm not sure I've seen this train. What have they told me? The same information that they had and we all had months ago, plus a 5-0 defeat to Arsenal? Are they telling me that they're right, and I'm wrong on the basis of this 5-0 defeat, or when did they decide that they were in a position to 'tell me'? 

The 'I told you so' train will roll into yillan country when Paul Lambert leaves and then a year later Villa are in a better position than they are in this moment. Then I will fully accept that I have been told. So

No, they're telling people that they're posting for effect if they suggest they still want Lambert, for example.

• Like 1

I haven't seen that (honest!), but then I haven't been on here during the day and don't go back to see what has happened. I just join in with the current conversation. 

^So I might have missed a point or two.

Richard should be David Cameron's advisor though, the only man to lead the country, nobody can do better. Eh Richard? ;)

For me, given the squad Lambert had in his first two seasons he did what was expected, no better no worse.  He didn't do a MON or a Pulis and get more out of the players he had at his disposal and he did not do a Ian Dowie and get less out of them.  If that makes sense.  My issue is that this season he should be doing much better with the squad that we have.  He is doing an Ian Dowie with the current squad. 

At best Lambert has been competent in his first two seasons and poor this season.  At worst he is probably in the top 3 worst managers we have ever had.

I haven't seen that (honest!), but then I haven't been on here during the day and don't go back to see what has happened. I just join in with the current conversation. 

^So I might have missed a point or two.

Richard should be David Cameron's advisor though, the only man to lead the country, nobody can do better. Eh Richard? ;)

How do you know I'm not  ;) if you listen to some on here you'd believe I am his key spin doctor!

For me, given the squad Lambert had in his first two seasons he did what was expected, no better no worse.  He didn't do a MON or a Pulis and get more out of the players he had at his disposal and he did not do a Ian Dowie and get less out of them.  If that makes sense.  My issue is that this season he should be doing much better with the squad that we have.  He is doing an Ian Dowie with the current squad. 

At best Lambert has been competent in his first two seasons and poor this season.  At worst he is probably in the top 3 worst managers we have ever had.

Is the season over yet?  Yes we have ups (not many) and downs(quite a few) but that is ,  I would suggest,  to be expected from an inconsistent mid table team which is what we are right now.  If we were performing more consistently then as a club we would be competing in the top 8 section and I think we can all agree we are not that club at the moment.

So for me it is like someone who supports Man Citeh saying "Pellegrino out as we havent won the title this season" the season isnt over yet.

Or that they need their head examined, or that they are undermining those "enlightened" fans and even damaging the club further by not booing, or protesting, or dare I say this filthy word - "supporting" the team, including its manager.

And there have been plenty of posts saying that people who want Lambert out are of "limited intelligence" (a direct quote), don't understand the game as well as people who want Lambert in, are narrow minded or haven't thought things through properly, so it cuts both ways. Passions are running high because we all care about the club.

Speaking personally, the reason I persist with questions for those who want to give Lambert more time is that I don't understand them and I want to. I want to see the positivity that they see; I want to know why they're more worried about replacing Lambert than keeping him. It's not about "winning" the internet, it's about trying to have an impassioned and open discussion on a subject we all care about so we can understand why we care about it so differently.

• Like 2

Â