Paul Lambert

limpid

So you agree it's the points and league position that counts then?  Lets see how much better we are than those 42 points in his first season.

Of course it's those that count.  Essentially, league position is the only thing that counts!

Why are you knocking someone for posting something that says we're 7 points better off than in the same fixtures last season?  Is it because it's a positive take on something?

If we remain 7 points better off against the same fixtures as last season, we'll inevitably be higher up the table so, errr... I guess the Premier League sort of does that for us :detect:

Two of those fixtures (Chelsea at home and Arsenal away) are coming up in our next 4 league matches.

I'll expect two wins in those games then ;)

As I say, if we remain 7 points better off... ;)

(I know we won't, don't worry!)

• Like 1

Why are you knocking someone for posting something that says we're 7 points better off than in the same fixtures last season? Is it because it's a positive take on something?

If people want to cling to made up positivity then they can. I disagree that its a sign of progress.

The squad he's built during his 2,5 years here is fundamentally flawed as our entire attack relies on Gabby & Andi being creative and making intelligent runs or as it is Benteke creating something out of nothing.

We now have an ok squad when looking at individual players, but either way you set them up it's very hard (obviously) to make a functioning starting 11.

Atm we have no width as Gabby & Andi want's to play more central and our fullback aren't allowed? to move forward enough.

The central midfield lacks creativity and are defence oriented and the whole team lacks movement.

Obviously one can say this is all down to a lack of funds, or that funds should have been spent diffrently, or that Lambert still has a lot to learn and doesn't really know what to do with the the team and tactics.

I thinks it's all of the above

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

Why are you knocking someone for posting something that says we're 7 points better off than in the same fixtures last season? Is it because it's a positive take on something?

If people want to cling to made up positivity then they can. I disagree that its a sign of progress.

"Made up".  :D

"Made up". :D

Yep. I'm sure there's other stats out there that can be used to make up some sort of positivity regarding this season.

What's the end result? A season so bad that even someone like you (who argues against virtually every reason to sack the manager) isn't bothered if he's sacked.

Just heard a mildly interesting stat......

Per every 4 fouls us and Chelsea receive a yellow card as opposed to the opposite end of the scale where teams like Leicester get 8 fouls for every yellow. Just thought it was interesting before anyone starts shouting "Oh thats a new defence for Lambert is it"  ;)

Yep. I'm sure there's other stats out there that can be used to make up some sort of positivity regarding this season.

What's the end result? A season so bad that even someone like you (who argues against virtually every reason to sack the manager) isn't bothered if he's sacked.

I argue against the sort of people who want to remove any sort of positivity from others because, after all, what's the point?  There's enough people posting about how shit Lambert is in every thread on this forum.  If someone is posting something positive, it makes a refreshing change.  I see no harm in it at all.  Yet some people want to constantly shoot it down.  What's the point?

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 4

Spot on Keyblade/Bobzy. When every thread has to be dragged into "another statistic/fact/opinion/event that shows Lambert is inept and we're going to be relegated and I hate watching Villa and you should to" it sucks any enjoyment out of supporting Villa, just like it does when fans scream insults at players and managers at the ground and boo at half time. It's miserable.

Now I know you're itching to tell me about how the football is doing that to you, well here's a suggestion - stop **** watching it.

• Like 3

Spot on Keyblade/Bobzy. When every thread has to be dragged into "another statistic/fact/opinion/event that shows Lambert is inept and we're going to be relegated and I hate watching Villa and you should to" it sucks any enjoyment out of supporting Villa, just like it does when fans scream insults at players and managers at the ground and boo at half time. It's miserable.

Now I know you're itching to tell me about how the football is doing that to you, well here's a suggestion - stop **** watching it.

Agree. I'd rather those that choose to boo the team off at half time stay at home.

• Like 1

Look, as long as Lambert is the manager everything is going to come back to him, that's just how it works.

Atm things are going (imo) bad and he get's a lot of stick in every thread by the people who think our problems are in a big part down to him .

If things start to improve on a regular basis he'll get the same praise in pretty much every thread by those who think this is down to his actions.

I guarantee it's the same at any other team forum, the manager will always the in the centre of debate

Nah mate as someone always says "they pay their money and have a right to do what they want" and "how else are they to voice their opinion". How about DURING the game (including half time) back the team then AFTER the game boo if you want. When we protested we always did BEFORE the game and AFTER the game but we never booed a player or the team BUT we did boo and voice our disapproval at the chairman. I await with baited breath to be brought to task. And the above is my opinion and from first hand experience and do not speak for others just the ones I knew who protested along side.

I've never been so bored of supporting Aston Villa Football Club. Lambert has ripped every ounce of excitement out of us; he's dull, characterless, and totally uninspiring, and this is reflected in his brand of football.

I seem to follow us out of habit rather than any desire. We're irrelevant. We're the kind of team who most other footballer supporters would avoid watching. Aston Villa being live on Sky Sports must attact the type of derision that teams like Hull or West Brom do.

I just want us to be mildly exciting. I just want us to score some goals. I just want Lambert to **** right off.

That is pretty much where I am at but out of blind loyalty and habit I still go. As I have stated in earlier posts though aside from the odd moments the enjoyment went out of going to watch Aston Villa long ago.

I wouldn't just put it down to the time under Lambert though. The life has been sucked out of this club over the last 4-5 years. The decline was quick and we have now just bottomed out as a nothing club. It will turn around though I am sure of that but it clearly won't be under Lambert and Lerner.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

I argue against the sort of people who want to remove any sort of positivity from others because, after all, what's the point? There's enough people posting about how shit Lambert is in every thread on this forum. If someone is posting something positive, it makes a refreshing change. I see no harm in it at all. Yet some people want to constantly shoot it down. What's the point?

Oh so you're like some superhero for the positive message? Funny.

That's an interesting take on arguing and disagreeing with reasons for Lambert to be sacked while saying you're not bothered if he's sacked.

No ones looking to shoot down all positivity. There's plenty of positive posts about performances of okore, Clark, Hutton and Sanchez. There's plenty of positivity about the potential grealish and Robinson may bring to the team. There's positivity about how stronger the squad is now than when he first got here.

The positivity that gets shot down is when its used to defend or excuse poor performances and results. Which isn't really surprising that people who want Lambert gone are going to disagree with it. You're not bothered if he's gone but you'll argue against it anyway.

Ignoring the facts and claiming positivity seems a bit delusional. A lot like our manager who claims we're excellent after every game.

To me he is disrepecting the fans playing for draws. he knows how much we hate that football when Mcleish was is charge, but continues to play this way kiliing off Benteke the only entertainment we had,

Coaching the team to be defensive in all areas is gonna be the downfall of Lmabert, he promise so much and gives so little. Has no faith in the team he has built and is managing very very selfishly at the moment like he is under some serious pressure of losing.

Â