Paul Lambert

limpid

To me he is disrepecting the fans playing for draws. he knows how much we hate that football when Mcleish was is charge, but continues to play this way kiliing off Benteke the only entertainment we had,

Coaching the team to be defensive in all areas is gonna be the downfall of Lmabert, he promise so much and gives so little. Has no faith in the team he has built and is managing very very selfishly at the moment like he is under some serious pressure of losing.

Come again?

Disrespecting the fans by playing for draws? - Yes, of course he is telling the players to miss the chances we create. 

Killing off Benteke? Again, definitely doing that. Lambert is intentionally making sure he receives no service and is also responsible for Benteke's laziness, inability to stay on side and lack of movement. He could of course try and coach this out of him.

Has no faith in the team he has built? Evidenced by? 

It might be boring to watch, painfully so, but it is effective at the moment. I can't stand the way we play and wish we were more attacking but do you really need to make stuff up?

• Like 3

Its effective if all we aim to do is survive. But I'd also say that will only be effective for so long. History shows it will result in relegation at some point.

We are 12th at the moment, hardly just surviving. Also, how do you know that he plans to play this way forever? 

"Coaching us to be defensive."

We just finished a match with 65% possession and 14 shots to 6. Most of that possession was in the opposing team's half.

There are a lot of ways to not score goals. AM did not score goals because we have 11 behind the ball. We are not scoring goals now because our frontmen could not bury one of the eight attempts we had in the box. Lambert can be blamed for playing those players, but the "style" created real chances.

Also fun that possession, which was so important when we did not have it, no longer is mentioned.

• Like 2

Its effective if all we aim to do is survive. But I'd also say that will only be effective for so long. History shows it will result in relegation at some point.

We are 12th at the moment, hardly just surviving. Also, how do you know that he plans to play this way forever?

Be interesting to see where we are in a few weeks. I'd be amazed if we do anything than barely survive this season.

Also he's failed to improve this long what's going to be different next year or the year after? Especially as so many say its all down to Lerner. Well he's not going to change so how will we improve?

"Coaching us to be defensive."

We just finished a match with 65% possession and 14 shots to 6. Most of that possession was in the opposing team's half.

There are a lot of ways to not score goals. AM did not score goals because we have 11 behind the ball. We are not scoring goals now because our frontmen could not bury one of the eight attempts we had in the box. Lambert can be blamed for playing those players, but the "style" created real chances.

Also fun that possession, which was so important when we did not have it, no longer is mentioned.

Did we have high possession because we brilliantly passed it round the opposition or did we have it because palace us let knowing full well we would do nothing with it?

Its much better to watch and easier on the eye but teams are allowing us to have this possession and we're failing to win games because we can't do anything with it.

Be interesting to see where we are in a few weeks. I'd be amazed if we do anything than barely survive this season.

Also he's failed to improve this long what's going to be different next year or the year after? Especially as so many say its all down to Lerner. Well he's not going to change so how will we improve?

You really don't like answering questions do you.

I don't think he plans to play this way forever. I think he's incapable of making it better.

I don't think he plans to play this way forever. I think he's incapable of making it better.

Well I hope you are horribly wrong because he is probably here for the long haul.

Well I hope you are horribly wrong because he is probably here for the long haul.

Can you see it being different? Don't you and a few others say it can't be better because of Lerner? Well he's not going to change is he?

We desperately need to be sold. A new owner will bring in a new manager and we can put the last 5 years behind us.

Can you see it being different? Don't you and a few others say it can't be better because of Lerner? Well he's not going to change is he?

We desperately need to be sold. A new owner will bring in a new manager and we can put the last 5 years behind us.

I believe it can be different if Lambert is backed. If he isn't backed then it probably won't be. We need overall progress to appease the fans I think.

You had to add the additional little dig at Lambert there though didn't you. How's about a new owner comes in and backs in properly?

I'm sure more money will lead to some improvements but I'd still have little confidence in him building something here.

I think its best for the club and the fan base if we just had a clearn start with owner and manager. Can't see it happening though unfortunately

Unless Randy changes his evaluation on the value of Aston Villa right now, a sale will not occur in the short term. However, in Tom Fox I actually feel there is potential to help grow the club into a sale-able asset.

With the right backing and a bit of investment I think Lambert still has potential as a manager and could take us back to (at least) a solid top half team. Until he has this opportunity, I don't think anyone can really question what he has done - he's kept a 'sinking ship' afloat, better than most could do in similar situations.

• Like 2

Its possession football yes, but when the team is coached to be defensive rather than attacking your not gonna score many goals. 10 of the players on the pitch (including Guzan) have to make there defensive duties priority over attacking intent, surely no one can dissagree with this!

There is just no balance?? Hoof ball produced to much pressure defensively when we lost the ball, This genius Possession football has zero impact on the opposion defense, its so easy to play against when a team sits back. Any goal we score looks like coming from a mistake by the opposing team rather than a show of class by this clueless system.

Unless Randy changes his evaluation on the value of Aston Villa right now, a sale will not occur in the short term. However, in Tom Fox I actually feel there is potential to help grow the club into a sale-able asset.

With the right backing and a bit of investment I think Lambert still has potential as a manager and could take us back to (at least) a solid top half team. Until he has this opportunity, I don't think anyone can really question what he has done - he's kept a 'sinking ship' afloat, better than 1 or 2 could do in similar situations.

Corrected for you!

Its possession football yes, but when the team is coached to be defensive rather than attacking your not gonna score many goals. 10 of the players on the pitch (including Guzan) have to make there defensive duties priority over attacking intent, surely no one can dissagree with this!

There is just no balance?? Hoof ball produced to much pressure defensively when we lost the ball, This genius Possession football has zero impact on the opposion defense, its so easy to play against when a team sits back. Any goal we score looks like coming from a mistake by the opposing team rather than a show of class by this clueless system.

With the right backing and a bit of investment I think Lambert still has potential as a manager and could take us back to (at least) a solid top half team. Until he has this opportunity, I don't think anyone can really question what he has done - he's kept a 'sinking ship' afloat, better than 1 or 2 could do in similar situations.

Corrected for you!

Might want to try correcting your own posts before you correct others pal.  ;)

• Like 1

Corrected for you!

Might want to try correcting your own posts before you correct others pal.  ;)

Please correct them for me. Im not one to winge if you can show me evidence of say............ progression!!

Â