Paul Lambert

limpid

You don't think there is anybody in the world who could do better? Lambert is the best manager Villa can get?

It is possible to find managers on the continent....

... unless our manager scouts used to work under MON and consider UK only.

If we sack Lambert and get a better manager in and nothing changes I will, for the benefit of the minority on here, admit that I was wrong.

I doubt whether this will be reciprocated though if it turns out that I am right (which I usually am).

You honestly think that if we switch managers and shoot up the table there will still be people here saying "Oh that Lambert was quality though, we should have stuck with him"?

Simply put, for the millionth time there isn't black and white here. Remember, This is an Aston Villa forum, Not a Paul Lambert appreciation society.

I have no idea, why don't you ask some of the other posters on here.My post was in response to another poster whose username begins with M and ends with S (I don't deal directly with him at it ends up unfavourable).

Well either way its open for others to read and post their opinion. It gets annoying being told over and over that you are in the Lambert fan club just because you don't think he should be sacked. Every person on here would rejoice if our clown of an owner pulled the trigger, replaced Lambert and we shot up the table.

Not everyone, I can name a few Extremely loyal Lambert fans on here. But I won't!!

Nah, go on. If those so extremely loyal they won't mind being named. It's not like they don't know who they are.....

Stop trying to get him warning points or I will have to stop being nicer to you.

Haha honestly wasn't my intention. I was just trying to see if he could name anyone, Which I don't think he can because I don't think they exist.

They exist, believe me. One is Blatent, im sure PAC knows who im talking about, end of!

I know these things but I have sworn an oath of secrecy.

If we sack Lambert and get a better manager in and nothing changes I will, for the benefit of the minority on here, admit that I was wrong.

I doubt whether this will be reciprocated though if it turns out that I am right (which I usually am).

You honestly think that if we switch managers and shoot up the table there will still be people here saying "Oh that Lambert was quality though, we should have stuck with him"?

Simply put, for the millionth time there isn't black and white here. Remember, This is an Aston Villa forum, Not a Paul Lambert appreciation society.

I have no idea, why don't you ask some of the other posters on here.My post was in response to another poster whose username begins with M and ends with S (I don't deal directly with him at it ends up unfavourable).

Well either way its open for others to read and post their opinion. It gets annoying being told over and over that you are in the Lambert fan club just because you don't think he should be sacked. Every person on here would rejoice if our clown of an owner pulled the trigger, replaced Lambert and we shot up the table.

Not everyone, I can name a few Extremely loyal Lambert fans on here. But I won't!!

Nah, go on. If those so extremely loyal they won't mind being named. It's not like they don't know who they are.....

Stop trying to get him warning points or I will have to stop being nicer to you.

Haha honestly wasn't my intention. I was just trying to see if he could name anyone, Which I don't think he can because I don't think they exist.

You don't think there is anybody in the world who could do better? Lambert is the best manager Villa can get?

No no, We were talking about "Extremely Loyal" Lambert fans who wouldn't admit they were wrong.

Gotcha :)

I can only think of Paul Lambert.

• Like 1

OK, guys, can you PLEASE stop this increasingly long thread. It is making every device screen I have go haywire!

We DON'T NEED to see every comment ever made in an argument over and over again.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 2

I find it pretty sad that the only pro Lambert argument seems to be predicated on

A) No available manager could do better

B) Lerner is the true problem

Whilst those might be valid arguments the fact that they are now the only arguments is tragic for us as a football club

I find it pretty sad that people still use "pro Lambert".  The discussions have basically been about what the problems are at Aston Villa - people aren't Paul Lambert fans (or enemies!), they're fans of Aston Villa.  Yet some people (like yourself) feel it appropriate to segregate and belittle anyone that has a different opinion.  There's no arguments, just opinions of different Villa fans.

Everyone wants Villa to be in a better place than we are right now.

Yep we do. 

But note I said pro Lambert argument, as in someone who is being 'pro Lambert' at any given time in any given context rather than someone who is part of a permanent faction.

Even someone who is completely balanced and unbiased will make points that are positive or negative.

You're just as patronising if not more so.

Edited by VillanousOne

Not at all.  You haven't given an answer - aside from that you don't know.

Your stance is that you want Lambert gone, someone else in and for Villa to do better.  I think we'd all love for that to happen.  However, what constitutes a "better manager" without knowing the future and how things would pan out?  What would you look for in an appointment?

Personally, if we were to get rid of Lambert, I'd want us to go for a similar up-and-coming coach, but preferably from a different league in Europe.

I haven't given an answer because it is not up to me or any other fan to make managerial appointments. However, I find myself agreeing with you (must have eaten too many mince pies) that we should probably get someone from a different league in Europe.

Correct, it isn't.  Which comes back to my original point... your main issue is that you want Lambert out?

Also - agreed, fatty ;)

Not at all.  You haven't given an answer - aside from that you don't know.

Your stance is that you want Lambert gone, someone else in and for Villa to do better.  I think we'd all love for that to happen.  However, what constitutes a "better manager" without knowing the future and how things would pan out?  What would you look for in an appointment?

Personally, if we were to get rid of Lambert, I'd want us to go for a similar up-and-coming coach, but preferably from a different league in Europe.

I haven't given an answer because it is not up to me or any other fan to make managerial appointments. However, I find myself agreeing with you (must have eaten too many mince pies) that we should probably get someone from a different league in Europe.

Correct, it isn't.  Which comes back to my original point... your main issue is that you want Lambert out?

Also - agreed, fatty ;)

OK just to finalise this little misunderstanding, I don't just want Lambert out, I want him replaced with a better manager. Just wanting him out leaving a void in the post would be rather silly.

I think you know what I mean so stop trying to wind me up as it really won't work

I do find it strange that people who openly admit Lambert isn't great and wouldn't be bothered if he was sacked jump on pretty much every comment saying he should be sacked. Almost like they just want to argue for the sake of it.

If you're not bothered if he was sacked why are you so bothered about people who say he should be sacked?

It's one thing wanting Lambert out - and I'm starting to come around to the idea - it's another having somebody in place above him that has the authority and accountability to actually sack him and then also appoint a good replacement.

As it stands, and this is a serious question, is there actually anybody at the club who a) cares about the club enough to commit to the process and financial drawbacks of sacking and hiring a manager and b ) meets that criteria, whilst actually having the authority to execute it?

I think Lambert is now the most powerful man at the club. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by gilbertoAVFC

It's one thing wanting Lambert out - and I'm starting to come around to the idea - it's another having somebody in place above him that has the authority and accountability to actually sack him and then also appoint a good replacement.

As it stands, and this is a serious question, is there actually anybody at the club who a) cares about the club enough to commit to the process and financial drawbacks of sacking and hiring a manager and b ) meets that criteria, whilst actually having the authority to execute it?

I think Lambert is now the most powerful man at the club. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Wrong, Gabby is!  :D

OK just to finalise this little misunderstanding, I don't just want Lambert out, I want him replaced with a better manager. Just wanting him out leaving a void in the post would be rather silly.

I think you know what I mean so stop trying to wind me up as it really won't work

I'm not trying to wind you up, just wondering what you/others would want.  It's quite easy to say you want a better manager - who wouldn't?!  Just wondering how far it's gotten with Lambert for you.

I don't know how to phrase it any differently - what qualifies as a "better manager"; is it purely a hindsight thing so just someone who achieves more than Lambert has?  Or would you back giving almost anyone (obviously, not McLeish or a known failure) a go at the job?

I'm not trying to make a point or score anything - just genuinely curious what your feelings are.  Someone people get to the point, and possibly have gotten to the point, where they just want the manager sacked (for example, Newcastle with the "sackpardew.com" stuff).  Is this where you're at?

(For me, I'm not fussed whether Lambert stays or not.  If he goes, young, foreign manager for me.  I wouldn't have sacked him to replace him with Pulis, for example.)

Edited by bobzy

Wrong, Gabby is!  :D

Hoo-rah!

I do find it strange that people who openly admit Lambert isn't great and wouldn't be bothered if he was sacked jump on pretty much every comment saying he should be sacked. Almost like they just want to argue for the sake of it.

If you're not bothered if he was sacked why are you so bothered about people who say he should be sacked?

What, having a discussion on an internet forum?  You're right - why bother.

• Like 1

I'm not trying to wind you up, just wondering what you/others would want.  It's quite easy to say you want a better manager - who wouldn't?!  Just wondering how far it's gotten with Lambert for you.

I don't know how to phrase it any differently - what qualifies as a "better manager"; is it purely a hindsight thing so just someone who achieves more than Lambert has?  Or would you back giving almost anyone (obviously, not McLeish or a known failure) a go at the job?

I'm not trying to make a point or score anything - just genuinely curious what your feelings are.  Someone people get to the point, and possibly have gotten to the point, where they just want the manager sacked (for example, Newcastle with the "sackpardew.com" stuff).  Is this where you're at?

(For me, I'm not fussed whether Lambert stays or not.  If he goes, young, foreign manager for me.  I wouldn't have sacked him to replace him with Pulis, for example.)

We need to have someone lined up to replace him. I am not in the 'sack him for the sake of sacking him' camp. However, I will openly admit I do not want him here anymore but as I said at the start, we need to have someone lined up to replace him.

• Like 1

Someone who can get the team playing consistant football for a start, I don't mind the odd dirty loss. But when you have played some great football and then end up playing McLeish style, it somewhat starts to get to the fans. Win against Liverplop, no idea against Arsenal. lose West Brom, draw Man U. Sorry cany find any other decent results this season.

• Like 1

Surely a few names would be helpful for us who think it's worth keeping Lambert to be convinced otherwise? It has to be someone we could bring in straight away when we sack him and can provide consistent football. It has to be someone who can get this squad playing attacking football whilst staying defensively sound, and spending any money he gets as wisely as Lambert has. Preferably without having to pay a fortune in compensation.

What, having a discussion on an internet forum? You're right - why bother.

Another quality interpretation.

Surely a few names would be helpful for us who think it's worth keeping Lambert to be convinced otherwise? It has to be someone we could bring in straight away when we sack him and can provide consistent football. It has to be someone who can get this squad playing attacking football whilst staying defensively sound, and spending any money he gets as wisely as Lambert has. Preferably without having to pay a fortune in compensation.

TBH if it was only managers I'm currently aware of it wouldn't fill me with much hope. Like others have said I'd hope tom fox and whoever he has helping him would have a much wider knowledge of managers around Europe.

We actually have a decent base for a new manager to come into and Lambert deserves credit for that. We need a coach. Not someone like Mon and Lambert who stay away from the training ground. We can't just buy top players so we need someone whose going to come and work with and improve the players. Who has different ideas on how to approach different types of teams.

• Like 2

Â