Paul Lambert

limpid

Then who could we get who would realistically solve our problems? Because if Lambert were to be sacked and Pulis was still out of work, he'd be top of the list in all honesty. An up and coming, promising manager you say? That was Paul Lambert 3 years ago. Another reason why I think sacking Lambert is an exercise in futility.

• Like 1

Pretty good way to hedge your bets, I guess.  Ask for a new manager and, if things get worse/stay the same, blame Lerner for the "wrong appointment".  If they get better, you're "right all along".

Brave prediction pac ;)

I think you will find that I am asking for a 'better manager' not just any manager (I wouldn't want McLeish back).

Anyone in particular?  Just curious - I think we'd all love to see a "better manager"; but I highly doubt it's that simplistic.  After all, I think everyone backed Lambert's appointment initially.

(P.S: I'd like us to have a better first team as well, whilst we're at it).

If we sack Lambert and get a better manager in and nothing changes I will, for the benefit of the minority on here, admit that I was wrong.

I doubt whether this will be reciprocated though if it turns out that I am right (which I usually am).

You honestly think that if we switch managers and shoot up the table there will still be people here saying "Oh that Lambert was quality though, we should have stuck with him"?

Simply put, for the millionth time there isn't black and white here. Remember, This is an Aston Villa forum, Not a Paul Lambert appreciation society.

I have no idea, why don't you ask some of the other posters on here.My post was in response to another poster whose username begins with M and ends with S (I don't deal directly with him at it ends up unfavourable).

Well either way its open for others to read and post their opinion. It gets annoying being told over and over that you are in the Lambert fan club just because you don't think he should be sacked. Every person on here would rejoice if our clown of an owner pulled the trigger, replaced Lambert and we shot up the table.

We agree on something then.

I think if you were a lot nicer to me you'd be surprised by just how much we do have in common!

Feel the love.  :D

• Like 1

I find it pretty sad that the only pro Lambert argument seems to be predicated on

A -  No available manager could do better

B  - Lerner is the true problem

Whilst those might be valid arguments the fact that they are now the only arguments is tragic for us as a football club

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 2

Pretty good way to hedge your bets, I guess.  Ask for a new manager and, if things get worse/stay the same, blame Lerner for the "wrong appointment".  If they get better, you're "right all along".

Brave prediction pac ;)

I think you will find that I am asking for a 'better manager' not just any manager (I wouldn't want McLeish back).

Anyone in particular?  Just curious - I think we'd all love to see a "better manager"; but I highly doubt it's that simplistic.  After all, I think everyone backed Lambert's appointment initially.

I would hope that AVFC have the infrastructure in place to scour the world for a 'better manager' whereas little old me is a team of one with other things to do to make sure the bills are paid and there is food on the table.

I actually think the first team squad is the best we have had since Lambert arrived (and I give him credit for finding some good players as well as bemoan some of the crap he has signed) I just think he is not the man to get the best out of them.

• Like 2

If we sack Lambert and get a better manager in and nothing changes I will, for the benefit of the minority on here, admit that I was wrong.

I doubt whether this will be reciprocated though if it turns out that I am right (which I usually am).

You honestly think that if we switch managers and shoot up the table there will still be people here saying "Oh that Lambert was quality though, we should have stuck with him"?

Simply put, for the millionth time there isn't black and white here. Remember, This is an Aston Villa forum, Not a Paul Lambert appreciation society.

I have no idea, why don't you ask some of the other posters on here.My post was in response to another poster whose username begins with M and ends with S (I don't deal directly with him at it ends up unfavourable).

Well either way its open for others to read and post their opinion. It gets annoying being told over and over that you are in the Lambert fan club just because you don't think he should be sacked. Every person on here would rejoice if our clown of an owner pulled the trigger, replaced Lambert and we shot up the table.

Not everyone, I can name a few Extremely loyal Lambert fans on here. But I won't!!

I would hope that AVFC have the infrastructure in place to scour the world for a 'better manager' whereas little old me is a team of one with other things to do to make sure the bills are paid and there is food on the table.

I actually think the first team squad is the best we have had since Lambert arrived (and I give him credit for finding some good players as well as bemoan some of the crap he has signed) I just think he is not the man to get the best out of them.

So, pretty much anyone in really?  I mean, that's the point of calling someone out for the sack, isn't it?

I find it pretty sad that the only pro Lambert argument seems to be predicated on

A) No available manager could do better

B) Lerner is the true problem

Whilst those might be valid arguments the fact that they are now the only arguments is tragic for us as a football club

I find it pretty sad that people still use "pro Lambert".  The discussions have basically been about what the problems are at Aston Villa - people aren't Paul Lambert fans (or enemies!), they're fans of Aston Villa.  Yet some people (like yourself) feel it appropriate to segregate and belittle anyone that has a different opinion.  There's no arguments, just opinions of different Villa fans.

Everyone wants Villa to be in a better place than we are right now.

• Like 2

So, pretty much anyone in really?  I mean, that's the point of calling someone out for the sack, isn't it?

Did I say that? Mmmmm............I don't think so.

Are you trying to answer for me because you don't like my response?

A) No available manager could do better

B) Lerner is the true problem

C) We are 12th in the league

D) He has done well in the transfer market

E) He inherited a squad lacking in quality and has had to build a new one on a paupers budget

F) Awful misfortune with injuries

Still tragic and not good enough, but it's more than just A+B

• Like 2

Not everyone, I can name a few Extremely loyal Lambert fans on here. But I won't!!

Nah, go on. If those so extremely loyal they won't mind being named. It's not like they don't know who they are.....

Not at all.  You haven't given an answer - aside from that you don't know.

Your stance is that you want Lambert gone, someone else in and for Villa to do better.  I think we'd all love for that to happen.  However, what constitutes a "better manager" without knowing the future and how things would pan out?  What would you look for in an appointment?

Personally, if we were to get rid of Lambert, I'd want us to go for a similar up-and-coming coach, but preferably from a different league in Europe.

Nah, go on. If those so extremely loyal they won't mind being named. It's not like they don't know who they are.....

Stop trying to get him warning points or I will have to stop being nicer to you.

• Like 1

Stop trying to get him warning points or I will have to stop being nicer to you.

Haha honestly wasn't my intention. I was just trying to see if he could name anyone, Which I don't think he can because I don't think they exist.

I agree with PAC. We are not in the game to find, or know about new managers, like we would have had no idea Benteke was going to be our next star striker. But there are people in the club that have the qualities to find a new manager throughout europe who could, if not take us forward immidiately, maybe just install the correct philosophy in the team.

Not at all.  You haven't given an answer - aside from that you don't know.

Your stance is that you want Lambert gone, someone else in and for Villa to do better.  I think we'd all love for that to happen.  However, what constitutes a "better manager" without knowing the future and how things would pan out?  What would you look for in an appointment?

Personally, if we were to get rid of Lambert, I'd want us to go for a similar up-and-coming coach, but preferably from a different league in Europe.

I haven't given an answer because it is not up to me or any other fan to make managerial appointments. However, I find myself agreeing with you (must have eaten too many mince pies) that we should probably get someone from a different league in Europe.

Haha honestly wasn't my intention. I was just trying to see if he could name anyone, Which I don't think he can because I don't think they exist.

You don't think there is anybody in the world who could do better? Lambert is the best manager Villa can get?

You don't think there is anybody in the world who could do better? Lambert is the best manager Villa can get?

No no, We were talking about "Extremely Loyal" Lambert fans who wouldn't admit they were wrong.

Sorry DK but I think he was trying to get some extremely loyal Lambert supporter names.

• Like 1

They exist, believe me. One is Blatent, im sure PAC knows who im talking about, end of!

Â