Paul Lambert

limpid

The impression I've got from some on here is that changing manager would solve most issues.

Personally I don't think changing manager at this moment in time would solve much at all.

We're in the managers thread. It's important to say, the points I am trying to make in here refer solely to him. The confidence I have in him to get the best from the squad of players he has, which is currently at an all time low such was my disappointment yesterday.

• Like 2

Solving some problems is better than solving no problems.

The only problem is, some would have to admit they were wrong. It's easier to deny, or fence sit.

Or maybe some just don't believe that it would solve anything?

Although I guess if things stayed the same you'd still have the problem of some people not willing to admit when they were wrong.

Edited by Mantis

The impression I've got from some on here is that changing manager would solve most issues.

Personally I don't think changing manager at this moment in time would solve much at all.

We're in the managers thread. It's important to say, the points I am trying to make in here refer solely to him. The confidence I have in him to get the best from the squad of players he has, which is currently at an all time low such was my disappointment yesterday.

Proof in the pudding, I'll be watching West Brom and Crystal palace as they go above us before the end of the season. 

If we sack Lambert and get a better manager in and nothing changes I will, for the benefit of the minority on here, admit that I was wrong.

I doubt whether this will be reciprocated though if it turns out that I am right (which I usually am).

Edited by pacbuddies

Proof in the pudding, I'll be watching West Brom and Crystal palace as they go above us before the end of the season.

I don't think speculative posts like that help you make your point really. West Brom are proper shit and have a lot of work ahead of them, same with Palace who were worse than us yesterday and are hardly appointing the second coming off Clough.

I'd not want Pardew here. Nor Pulis funnily enough, a big part of my problem with our current manager is the soul destroying defensive style we have, why on earth would I want Pulis? Why would anyone want Pulis?!

• Like 2

If we sack Lambert and get a better manager in and nothing changes I will, for the benefit of the minority on here, admit that I was wrong.

I doubt whether this will be reciprocated though if it turns out that I am right (which I usually am).

You honestly think that if we switch managers and shoot up the table there will still be people here saying "Oh that Lambert was quality though, we should have stuck with him"?

Simply put, for the millionth time there isn't just black and white here. Remember, This is an Aston Villa forum, Not a Paul Lambert appreciation society.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

West Ham under Allardyce have scored nearly 3 times as many goals as us this season.  You know things are bad when they get 5,000 more for a game against West Brom than we did against Palace.

West Ham, having their best season ever in the Premier League, have a bigger attendance than us?  Holy shit.

If you don't think that Aston Villa having sub 30,000 crowds is a cause for concern and a symptom of the diabolical way that Lerner and Lambert are running the club, then I'd politely suggest that you're very wrong indeed.

Having sub 30,000 crowds is cause for concern - having 5,000 less than West Ham (?!) isn't.

I'd politely suggest you phrase your points better in the future.

You honestly think that if we switch managers and shoot up the table there will still be people here saying "Oh that Lambert was quality though, we should have stuck with him"?

Simply put, for the millionth time there isn't black and white here. Remember, This is an Aston Villa forum, Not a Paul Lambert appreciation society.

I have no idea, why don't you ask some of the other posters on here. My post was in response to another poster whose username begins with M and ends with S (I don't deal directly with him as it ends up unfavourable).

Edited by pacbuddies

Surely a manager coming in and not doing any better would, thus, not be a "better manager"?

For me Lambert is just getting it completely wrong at home and has been for two years. To not play and sort of wide player at Villa park is complete madness for me, especially with Benteke up front. It leads to poor Cissokho and Hutton galloping up the wings only to have no support so have to come back inside or put over a (generally poor) cross.

Then there is Gabby and Weimann who, with respect, are very limited technically. I'm honestly not sure they know what they are supposed to be doing in the position they play. When Grealish came on yesterday and asked Gabby to play as a support striker, I couldn't believe it. He is certainly not Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Sissoko or even Joe Cole.

I find the fact that he hasn't changed the set up of the team at home despite our poor performances there completely mind boggling. It annoys me because he has shown glimpses (although rare) that he can get it right tactically, but I honestly have just lost all faith in him after these two home games (if I had any left at all).

Surely a manager coming in and not doing any better would, thus, not be a "better manager"?

Exactly, which is why I am confident that I won't have to admit that I was wrong.

Simply put, for the millionth time there isn't black and white here. Remember, This is an Aston Villa forum, Not a Paul Lambert appreciation society.

I have no idea, why don't you ask some of the other posters on here.My post was in response to another poster whose username begins with M and ends with S (I don't deal directly with him at it ends up unfavourable).

Well either way its open for others to read and post their opinion. It gets annoying being told over and over that you are in the Lambert fan club just because you don't think he should be sacked. Every person on here would rejoice if our clown of an owner pulled the trigger, replaced Lambert and we shot up the table.

I have no idea, why don't you ask some of the other posters on here.My post was in response to another poster whose username begins with M and ends with S (I don't deal directly with him at it ends up unfavourable).

Well either way its open for others to read and post their opinion. It gets annoying being told over and over that you are in the Lambert fan club just because you don't think he should be sacked. Every person on here would rejoice if our clown of an owner pulled the trigger, replaced Lambert and we shot up the table.

We agree on something then.

Exactly, which is why I am confident that I won't have to admit that I was wrong.

Pretty good way to hedge your bets, I guess.  Ask for a new manager and, if things get worse/stay the same, blame Lerner for the "wrong appointment".  If they get better, you're "right all along".

Brave prediction pac ;)

I like Lambert. I think he is a great bloke and probably really nice.

I just cannot support a single thing his team offers. And with no progression over the three years, it's hard for me to see a time when things will change.

• Like 1

Pretty good way to hedge your bets, I guess.  Ask for a new manager and, if things get worse/stay the same, blame Lerner for the "wrong appointment".  If they get better, you're "right all along".

Brave prediction pac ;)

I think you will find that I am asking for a 'better manager' not just any manager (I wouldn't want McLeish back).

We agree on something then.

I think if you were a lot nicer to me you'd be surprised by just how much we do have in common!

Â