Paul Lambert

limpid

I don't like the idea of protesting or boycotting at all.

For me, a lack of confidence among the players seems like a major factor in our struggles. They all look hesitant and scared of making mistakes. That might well be the manager's fault for not being able to motivate them like, say, MON at his best was able to. It might sound silly given the faults of both but if you took the best of MON and the best of Lambert I think we'd have a great manager. I think the manager has tried to push every button in trying to improve the team's mentality and in doing so he's out of buttons to push. He's tried too hard and with that dug a deep hole for himself.

Now, if that is the case, then it is a good reason to want a new manager in asap. However, it is also a good reason not to protest or stay away but rather to be more supportive than ever. A restless crowd will only make things worse and will achieve nothing but even poorer performances.

I've seen it so many times how massive support can buoy a struggling team. Let's help the team as best we can, not add to their worries.

Because we are fighting for our lives and any protest will only be detrimental. In my opinion it shows a distinct lack of understanding of the situation.

I think that right now it would appear a little pissy, like we are throwing our toys out of the pram. It won't make a blind bit of difference, he is here to stay. The club is up for sale. What is it you want?

I don't care what the media think, but I do care what the players think. I want them to know we are backing them in their plight, I don't want them to think they have been left stranded. I want to support them first and foremost, because they need it.

Well said. 

Its been said before the lambert out chants don't effect the players! So crack on lads.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-hutton-aston-villa-players-8467528

Alan Hutton insists the Aston Villa players are able to block out negative taunts aimed at manager Paul Lambert.

The Villa Park faithful tried to offer vocal backing to their team but there were a few 'Lambert Out' chants today as Villa's wretched run stretched to 12 points from the last 18 Premier League games.

Fans also sang 'We'll score again, don't know where, don't know when' as the claret and blues drew a blank for the fifth league match in a row in the 2-0 defeat to Liverpool.

But Hutton reckons the players are professional enough to filter out the chants and to concentrate on trying to revive Villa's fortunes.

“You don’t really hear it when you’re playing," said Hutton.

"I understand their frustration. They pay their money and they want to come and be entertained at the end of the day.

“They want us to score goals and trust me we are trying. We are doing everything we can to bring that back.”

Hutton, who has enjoyed a first team return this season, insists Lambert has the full support of the players.

“As soon as you cross that white line it doesn’t really come into your mind,” he said. “You’re out there and you’re giving your all for everybody, the fans as well, so I don’t really think about it.

“Everybody is 100 per cent behind him. We all trust him and what he’s trying to do.”

So if negative chant don't affect the players do positive chants?? If not what's the point? A negative atmosphere will effect the team as we know positive atmospheres do aswell. Chelsea is not the game to turn on him unless it's a performance like Arsenal as we are expected to lose. We then have winnable games so if we see the same against Leicester or Stoke feel free to rip him apart but doing so if we lose to one of the best sides in Europe wont mean a jot!

“Everybody is 100 per cent behind him. We all trust him and what he’s trying to do.”

.. says the man dropped from the squad for 2 years then suddenly re-instated. I'll take that with a large lump of salt, thanks.

• Like 1

I think the Chelsea game is perfect once we do go 2-0 down as,

- we know we are going to lose anyway and we are expected to

- we'll have probably 80 minutes of the game left to chant

- we are very unlikely to come back from 2-0 with Chelsea so not going to harm the players plus Hutton says it doesnt anyway and thus with no chance of coming back it makes no difference whether we are fully behind the team or not

- dont care what the media think, if they play "you dont expect to beat chelsea do you"

- dont want chanting against Hull if we are 2-0 down as we do still have a small chance of coming back (despite our goalscoring record)

- something needs to change and outside of football game we dont get heard

- we need to start thinking of us and stop worrying what the media and others think, doing nothing doesnt fly for me, I dont want to get relegated without a fight otherwise I'm as bad as the owner, manager and players so I will deserve it.

• Like 1

.. says the man dropped from the squad for 2 years then suddenly re-instated. I'll take that with a large lump of salt, thanks.

To be honest, it sort of means more coming from him than somebody Lambert brought in. He's got more reason to be pissed off at him than just about anyone.

I don't like the idea of protesting or boycotting at all.

I've seen it so many times how massive support can buoy a struggling team. Let's help the team as best we can, not add to their worries.

In fairness the support has always been there and I think Lambert is incredibly lucky in that sense. Only recently have their been a few "boos" which will probably turn to a majority if things don't improve quickly. The support isn't a problem and never has been for me, it's what is given in return that needs changing. Edited by dudevillaisnice

To be honest, it sort of means more coming from him than somebody Lambert brought in. He's got more reason to be pissed off at him than just about anyone.

Quite the opposite. He'd be very annoyed if still in exile. He'd be very happy now that he is playing.

He also bought the line that Randy picks the team and forced him out, not Lambert.

What's your short term plan, one that won't be detrimental to the players performance?

Get rid of Lambert by any means necessary!

Well said.

No, not well said at all. That's not a plan, that's an aim.

How are you achieving that without it having a detrimental effect on the players? Remembering that we can't go "throwing" games. Every single one is a cup final, to use said cliché.

What's the plan?

• Like 1

"Villa’s league record since that contract was signed reads: played 19, won two, drawn six, lost 11, scored seven, conceded 29."

Speaks for itself.

I actually quite like Lambert as a person but that is just abysmal. Time for change.

• Like 1

Good to see the media are now openly reporting what the vast majority of Villa fans already know. What I hate most about this is the apparent fact that Lerner and Fox think it's all going to be OK....somehow, in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

I just had to paste in the quote from Lambert when he signed his new contract:

“The bar had to be raised, everyone has stepped up and there will be continued improvement,”

'Continued improvement'......discuss.

12 points in 19 games.

No win in the last 8 games.

No goal in the last 6 games.

How can any protest be detrimental to the team? How can it possibly be worse than that?

Much as I agree with your position on Lambert I don't think protests during the game are going to help. I fear it will just make a bad situation worse

• Like 1

Â