Paul Lambert

limpid

Protests will achieve nothing with Lerner, he's a long way removed, he doesn't go to the ground to watch the games. If it doesn't make any BIG media waves (and the sort of stuff people are talking about won't) then he more than likely is not gonna give a flying fig.

It's more likely to negatively effect the players and the staff who have the strongest contact with it. 

If Lerner hasn't moved to sack him before the Jan window, it's safe to assume he's going to be in charge to the summer. If we stay up, we don't get sold and Lerner stays it's fair to say he'll get £20m and a pat on the back and we go again next season.

Any prostest should be aimed at Lerner IMO not Lambert. It's a really bad situation we're in and making a poor atmosphere for the players at VP is just going to make matters worse.

Protests will achieve nothing with Lerner, he's a long way removed, he doesn't go to the ground to watch the games. If it doesn't make any BIG media waves (and the sort of stuff people are talking about won't) then he more than likely is not gonna give a flying fig.

It's more likely to negatively effect the players and the staff who have the strongest contact with it.

If Lerner hasn't moved to sack him before the Jan window, it's safe to assume he's going to be in charge to the summer. If we stay up, we don't get sold and Lerner stays it's fair to say he'll get £20m and a pat on the back and we go again next season.

Any prostest should be aimed at Lerner IMO not Lambert. It's a really bad situation we're in and making a poor atmosphere for the players at VP is just going to make matters worse.

Which is exactly why we have to hit him financially until he has no choice but to change the manger:

I'm sure the players can differentiate between songs about them and songs about the manger.

If the fans backed the players, and made it known with constant and loud singing, but every now and and then gave Lambert both barrels then I'm sure the sensitive little millionaires who are paid to play football for ASTON VILLA FOOTBALL CLUB won't suffer any unecessary harm.

• Like 1

We have averaged over 40,000 once (2008-09) since 1950. Maybe we aren't as big a club as some people think?

....walks away after throwing that hand grenade.

.... I'll just pick up that dud and hand it back to you, as it's really not as shocking as you seem to think it is.

Save that grenade for a real humdinger (may I suggest something to do with goals scored? :D)

I'm sure the players can differentiate between songs about them and songs about the manger.

If the fans backed the players, and made it known with constant and loud singing, but every now and and then gave Lambert both barrels then I'm sure the sensitive little millionaires who are paid to play football for ASTON VILLA FOOTBALL CLUB won't suffer any unecessary harm.

Unfortunately, that's seems very unlikely. Unless a communication/ plan was sent to all attending fans that like to make a noise, then that message wouldn't be as clear as you make out.

I'm a ST holder, and though I'm sick of Lambert and would happily welcome a new manager, whenever I hear chants of 'We want Lambert out' or booing, it just makes me want to sing the usual supporting songs even louder, and often over the top of the people showing their anger.

People like me will just see negative chants as counter-productive when they're sang during a game, while your team is trying to defend/build and attack or (unlikely) score a goal.

Though I fully understand people's decision and right to chant negatively, I don't think there will be a clear majority both chanting 'Lambert out' and then reverting to chants to support the players.

A journalist in Ireland was on the radio last night and he said that he was talking to someone who worked under Lambert (Wes Hoolahan) and he said that Lambert doesn't do a lot of tactical work on the training ground. Not exactly something we didn't know but it doesn't inspire confidence that this guy can keep us up.

Which is exactly why we have to hit him financially until he has no choice but to change the manger:

Well, financially hurting him would be takign the Sky money away, not a few thousand fans not turning up (that's already happened to some extent). The root problem is Lerner not Lambert.

We are the new Steve Kean era Blackburn. The fans at every other league club can see it's time for the manager to go, even the fans of the club but for whatever reason, the man remains in charge. The only difference being that although we believe Lerner realises the club can get relegated, he's acting like it's impossible. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this and I wouldn't be surprised if this has been mentioned before, but look what happened to Blackburn when they got relegated. There's not even a whiff of them coming back to the top flight and I fear that if we get relegated too, than that'll be us. And we'll still have Paul Lambert in charge.

• Like 1

A journalist in Ireland was on the radio last night and he said that he was talking to someone who worked under Lambert (Wes Hoolahan) and he said that Lambert doesn't do a lot of tactical work on the training ground. Not exactly something we didn't know but it doesn't inspire confidence that this guy can keep us up.

Yet he has done so far, strange

• Like 1

He has been fortunate that there have been some really shite teams in the premier league the last couple of years, he certainly hasnt kept us up by being a tactical genius has he?

We have averaged over 40,000 once (2008-09) since 1950. Maybe we aren't as big a club as some people think?

....walks away after throwing that hand grenade.

.... I'll just pick up that dud and hand it back to you, as it's really not as shocking as you seem to think it is.

Save that grenade for a real humdinger (may I suggest something to do with goals scored? :D)

I think we are bigger than some fans realise. We are of a similar size to Arsenal pre-Wenger. We have similar potential despite the landscape changing. People still talk about how big a club Leeds are, we are again of a similar size and history. Possibly similar "potential" to implode too, though that is extremely unlikely given our steady finances.

I wouldn't play down the size of a club who only need regular top half finishes to pull 40 thousand fans every week, our away support is immense too and I see plenty of Villa fans down here in London. On my way up to the Bournemouth game there were five of us on the same tube carriage from Finsbury park to Euston, at 8 o'clock in the morning, all of us strangers.

You have to realise, aside from a 3 year period when we had serious doses of hope, we have been involved in relegation battle after relegation battle for a decade. That takes its toll, apathy has well and truly set in.

Fans of other clubs, the media, they still see us as an institution. We are, but that doesn't give us the right to stay that way.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 3

I disagree. I don't remember us being able to change tactics during games or being anything other than a one dimensional counter attacking team. The change to passing football was a panic move to try to stop having 35% (and less) possession in games. So far this change has been a spectacular disaster and Lambert seems unable to make adjustments or even get us to score a goal.

he certainly hasnt kept us up by being a tactical genius has he?

More luck than judgement IMO and I think his luck could run out this season.

Edited by villa89

A protest after the match is a better option.  We need to get behind the players and make sure we avoid relegation.  Get safe and then get rid.

The support, especially away, has been great, but appears to have knack all effect on the players, one way or another.  It's just a lazy excuse.

• Like 1

He has been fortunate that there have been some really shite teams in the premier league the last couple of years, he certainly hasnt kept us up by being a tactical genius has he?

Isnt he lucky their is also crap teams in the Premier League again this season :)

I think we are bigger than some fans realise. We are of a similar size to Arsenal pre-Wenger. We have similar potential despite the landscape changing. People still talk about how big a club Leeds are, we are again of a similar size and history. Possibly similar "potential" to implode too, though that is extremely unlikely given our steady finances.

I wouldn't play down the size of a club who only need regular top half finishes to pull 40 thousand fans every week, our away support is immense too and I see plenty of Villa fans down here in London. On my way up to the Bournemouth game there were five of us on the same tube carriage from Finsbury park to Euston, at 8 o'clock in the morning, all of us strangers.

You have to realise, aside from a 3 year period when we had serious doses of hope, we have been involved in relegation battle after relegation battle for a decade. That takes its toll, apathy has well and truly set in.

Fans of other clubs, the media, they still see us as an institution. We are, but that doesn't give us the right to stay that way.

Good post.

One of those fans may have been me.

Was one tall, very handsome and had the kind of expression that screamed 'IQ > 150'?

• Like 1

Â