Paul Lambert

limpid

But how will it be worse? I don't see how it can be worse than losing and not scoring.

It can be worse because you'd hope that the games against Hull, Stoke, Newcastle, West Brom, Sunderland and Swansea will allows us a chance to improve. 

They're easier fixtures which is obviously an advantage and you'd hope Gil and Sinclair will make the impact we're all hoping they will make in those games.

And let's be honest, if it's not going to improve in those games then we're going down.

Protesting could be detrimental to the team and mean that improvement has no chance of happening. You say "it can't get worse", well it can get worse. Every game that our current form continues for is it getting worse. And if we protest and get on the team's back then there's every chance of them failing to improve results to the standard we need them to.

• Like 2

It could get worse with full support from the crowd though.

We continue our form of the last 6 games and we're relegated. We continue our fork of the last 8 games and we're relegated. Continue like the last 19 games and we're relegated.

That form was with support from the crowd so for me I don't think protests could make the results worse.

The thing is, people keep mentioning the fact there are teams below us. If we do go down, we won't be saying 'at least we were 12th in January' or whatever we were. The fact is we are slowly but surely falling down the table and what makes it worse is that we can't even beat the teams below us regularly this season.

Edited by DK82

We continue our form of the last 6 games and we're relegated. We continue our fork of the last 8 games and we're relegated. Continue like the last 19 games and we're relegated.

That form was with support from the crowd so for me I don't think protests could make the results worse.

It could get worse with full support, of course.

But what's more likely?

Are you really trying to argue that there is no chance of our team performing better in the upcoming fixtures with the crowd supporting them as opposed to having the crowd on their backs?

Edited by Stevo985

12 points in 19 games.

No win in the last 8 games.

No goal in the last 6 games.

How can any protest be detrimental to the team? How can it possibly be worse than that?

Apparently anti Lambert chants might affect the teams ability to score and win a game.

Wait a minute........

Unfortunately I think he'll be here come the first day of the next season regardless of what happens to us.

Say it ain't so. Surely if we manage to stay up this season he has to go. The squad isn't a bad as the performances under Lambert suggest. Time to go Paul and don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out. 

12 points in 19 games.

How can any protest be detrimental to the team? How can it possibly be worse than that?

Apparently anti Lambert chants might affect the teams ability to score and win a game.

Wait a minute........

But they could. It could squash any hopes we may have of any sort of improvement.

You're waving a white flag.

12 points in 19 games.

Wait a minute........

But they could. It could squash any hopes we may have of any sort of improvement.

It could also result in Lerner changing the manager or Lambert resigning. This could then save our season. Nobody knows what could happen if the their anti Lambert chants. What we do know is things can't really get much worse right now.

• Like 1

The media are beginning to take notice at last.
Oh man that article really does sum up how bad Lambert's record is. We are now the same level as Wigan and Wolves. What worry's me more is look what happened to Wolves after they sacked Mick McCarthy.

We are doomed. DOOMED I tells Ya!

Edit: would like to believe Fox wasn't involved with Lamberts new contract and wants him gone.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

12 points in 19 games.

Wait a minute........

It could also result in Lerner changing the manager or Lambert resigning. This could then save our season. Nobody knows what could happen if the their anti Lambert chants. What we do know is things can't really get much worse right now.

Well it could. 

Or it could result in the manager staying and the team performing just as badly as it has been up until now, with no hope of improvement.

We don't know what will happen. We don't know if the protests would work, we don't know if they'd be detrimental, we don't know if the team won't improve without them.

So the logic of "well we won't improve anyway so we may as well protest" is as much nonsense as me saying "well we'll DEFINITELY improve so we shouldn't protest"

However I think it's more likely that lambert is here for this season whether we like it or not, so the more productive thing for me would be to leave any protesting, if that's what you want to do, until after the game or after we're safe as no good will come of getting on the team's back during a game.

Ultimately it doesn't matter what we think. A few people on VillaTalk don't dictate the actions of the crowd at Villa Park. We can say what we want, but what will happen will happen.

I think the crowd WILL get on the team's back, and it WILL be detrimental to the team. But that's football.

• Like 2

“Everybody is 100 per cent behind him. We all trust him and what he’s trying to do.”

.. says the man dropped from the squad for 2 years then suddenly re-instated. I'll take that with a large lump of salt, thanks.

To be honest, it sort of means more coming from him than somebody Lambert brought in. He's got more reason to be pissed off at him than just about anyone.

Surely player interviews are no more trustworthy than post-match manager interviews. After all, they've all received the same media coaching. If we acknowledge that Lambert isnt going to slag off his players in the press, surely we must acknowledge that the reverse is also potentially true?

12 points in 19 games.

Wait a minute........

Well it could.

Or it could result in the manager staying and the team performing just as badly as it has been up until now, with no hope of improvement.

We don't know what will happen. We don't know if the protests would work, we don't know if they'd be detrimental, we don't know if the team won't improve without them.

So the logic of "well we won't improve anyway so we may as well protest" is as much nonsense as me saying "well we'll DEFINITELY improve so we shouldn't protest"

However I think it's more likely that lambert is here for this season whether we like it or not, so the more productive thing for me would be to leave any protesting, if that's what you want to do, until after the game or after we're safe as no good will come of getting on the team's back during a game.

Ultimately it doesn't matter what we think. A few people on VillaTalk don't dictate the actions of the crowd at Villa Park. We can say what we want, but what will happen will happen.

I think the crowd WILL get on the team's back, and it WILL be detrimental to the team. But that's football.

All true but I do think considering the resources he has had to work with its not the worse squad in the world. I also think it's better than when he took over.

I just don't think he knows what needs to be done anymore. I kind of admire his desire to turn things around, but he really has pushed his luck. The first few seasons pundits and some fans would talk about how they admire Lerner for giving a young British manager a chance. But even most pundits and probably all fans are now think wtf is going on.

It could get worse with full support, of course.

But what's more likely?

Are you really trying to argue that there is no chance of our team performing better in the upcoming fixtures with the crowd supporting them as opposed to having the crowd on their backs?

But no ones suggesting the crowd get on the players back. The suggestion is protests and chants against the manager.

I honestly don't believe we have less chance of getting a result if we sing Lambert out for 90 minutes.

The hull game is similar to the Leicester game. We lost and didn't score. How can it be worse than losing and not scoring? Chanting for the manager out can't make it worse than that.

12 points in 19 games.

Wait a minute........

Why is it that protests against O'Leary were deemed acceptable and he was hounded out and we didn't get relegated and protests against McLeish were deemed acceptable and he was hounded out and we didn't get relegated yet protests against Lambert are not deemed acceptable as we might get relegated?

I am not waving a white flag because Lambert has it firmly tucked in his pocket every week.

I honestly don't believe we have less chance of getting a result if we sing Lambert out for 90 minutes.

Then I think you've got serious issues grasping reality. It also points to you clearly not believing that supporters make a blind bit of difference to what happens in the pitch. So why bother at all?

This conversation is just going to go rounds and round in circles, I'm done.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 4

Â