Paul Lambert

limpid

Leicester, QPR, Hull, Burnley, Albion etc. will all be looking at who are the 3 teams shitter than them and I bet every one of them has looked at the fact that we have managed only 11 goals so far this season and have the worst goal difference and concluded that we are one of the 3 shitter teams and most likely to go down.

It is an absolute disgrace and Paul Lambert is very much to blame for our situation and he should be told so by the fans that pay their money to watch rubbish and be depressed every week.

Sadly, I would say this is absolutely correct.

Leicester, QPR, Hull, Burnley, Albion etc. will all be looking at who are the 3 teams shitter than them and I bet every one of them has looked at the fact that we have managed only 11 goals so far this season and have the worst goal difference and concluded that we are one of the 3 shitter teams and most likely to go down.

It is an absolute disgrace and Paul Lambert is very much to blame for our situation and he should be told so by the fans that pay their money to watch rubbish and be depressed every week.

We are currently the joke outfit in the premier league

I'm sure the players can differentiate between songs about them and songs about the manger.

If the fans backed the players, and made it known with constant and loud singing, but every now and and then gave Lambert both barrels then I'm sure the sensitive little millionaires who are paid to play football for ASTON VILLA FOOTBALL CLUB won't suffer any unecessary harm.

I'm a ST holder, and though I'm sick of Lambert and would happily welcome a new manager, whenever I hear chants of 'We want Lambert out' or booing, it just makes me want to sing the usual supporting songs even louder, and often over the top of the people showing their anger.

People like me will just see negative chants as counter-productive when they're sang during a game, while your team is trying to defend/build and attack or (unlikely) score a goal.

I don't agree with worrying too much. If the players feel valued by the fans then I doubt a song or two against the manager will have any negative affect on them. I doubt it'll hinder our attack or defence if the fans are singing "We want Lambert out". If a negative song or two, not even about them, is belted out once in a while, and it really does impact them psychologically then I'd seriously question their mental strength for playing top level football.

I don't remember this much fan restraint in giving what for during the final days of McLeish.

I believe Newcastle and QPR are ahead of us on that

• Like 1

We are more embarrasing than those two clubs combined

One thing that worries me is that Lambert himself isn't worried. He said as much only a few weeks back so by my reckoning he's either totally deluded or a liar. Don't like either of those options. Didn't he also say at the end of last season that we can't afford to have another season of struggling? Wonder who he blaims that on cos he sure as hell won't take any responsibility for it himself..... And while I'm ranting, I think he was totally spineless with the how he handled Roy Keane's departure. Full on arse kissing after he left us in the lurch. Everything is wrong about Paul Lambert being our Manager.

• Like 1

I'm sure the players can differentiate between songs about them and songs about the manger.

If the fans backed the players, and made it known with constant and loud singing, but every now and and then gave Lambert both barrels then I'm sure the sensitive little millionaires who are paid to play football for ASTON VILLA FOOTBALL CLUB won't suffer any unecessary harm.

I'm a ST holder, and though I'm sick of Lambert and would happily welcome a new manager, whenever I hear chants of 'We want Lambert out' or booing, it just makes me want to sing the usual supporting songs even louder, and often over the top of the people showing their anger.

People like me will just see negative chants as counter-productive when they're sang during a game, while your team is trying to defend/build and attack or (unlikely) score a goal.

I don't agree with worrying too much. If the players feel valued by the fans then I doubt a song or two against the manager will have any negative affect on them. I doubt it'll hinder our attack or defence if the fans are singing "We want Lambert out". If a negative song or two, not even about them, is belted out once in a while, and it really does impact them psychologically then I'd seriously question their mental strength for playing top level football.

I don't remember this much fan restraint in giving what for during the final days of McLeish.

It is mystifying. It's almost as though fans lambasted McLeish just because he came from SHA and not for his competence as a football manager. I hope that is not the case as it would suggest a level of small mindedness. 

Just seen this online!! Not sure where best place to put this article..

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/watfordfc/watfordfcnews/11773865._/ 

Watford have not received an approach from Aston Villa for their sporting director Luke Dowling.

The Daily Mail reported last week Dowling was being 'lined up' by Aston Villa for a role in their recruitment department.

But Watford today confirmed they have yet to receive an approach for Dowling from Villa and the 37-year-old has not handed in his notice or expressed a desire to leave Vicarage Road.

Dowling has had brief spells in senior positions at Leeds United, Blackburn Rovers and Portsmouth, after entering the professional ranks with AFC Wimbledon and then worked for Crystal Palace as a scout.

In October Dowling told the Watford Observer: "In terms of my CV I have climbed the ladder quite quickly and it is nice to have been recognised by other clubs, who wanted me to work for them. But I’m now at a point where I want to stay at a club for a long period if possible and try to build something and show people what I can do."

Edited by Villan4Life

You need to re read your post and my reply to it.  You said you had no confidence in him keeping us up,  I said he has managed to so far.  That is a factual statement to say you disagree suggests we have been relegated in the last two years,  we have not

Sorry, I thought you meant he had been doing well tactically.

It is mystifying. It's almost as though fans lambasted McLeish just because he came from SHA and not for his competence as a football manager. I hope that is not the case as it would suggest a level of small mindedness. 

Welcome to Aston Villa!

And Hull.

We're a joke because of our goals scored. But in terms of general shitness, basically the teams below us are there for a reason.

True but since Vlaar and Senderos got injured we have had the worst form in the league I think. At least before we were some how etching out draws but that seems to have come to an end as well now. Unless we can get some experience and leadership back on the pitch we are going down. I can see a pretty nasty defeat tomorrow as well. It feels like the xmas period of Lamberys first season.

And Hull.

We're a joke because of our goals scored. But in terms of general shitness, basically the teams below us are there for a reason.

True but since Vlaar and Senderos got injured we have had the worst form in the league I think. At least before we were some how etching out draws but that seems to have come to an end as well now. Unless we can get some experience and leadership back on the pitch we are going down. I can see a pretty nasty defeat tomorrow as well. It feels like the xmas period of Lamberys first season.

Reading that it sounds to me like you're just guessing at the problem. Like Robbie Savage might. Our defence has not been the issue at all.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

And Hull.

Reading that it sounds to me like you're just guessing at the problem. Like Robbie Savage might. Our defence has not been the issue at all.
I personally think that is one of the issues although maybe not the main one. Vlaar and Sendoras are leaders. We have non on the pitch at he moment..

Ha, nice little sneaky dig there in the edit. I'd sooner listen to savage than you mate.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

A team like Aston Villa who've won everything there is to win shouldn't look back on finishing 6th out of a division of twenty teams as some sort of golden era. Imagine where we'd be now if Lambert was in charge back then.

10th I imagine.

Not really your place to say what is and isn't enough for me. I am the club as much as you are.

Alright if you don't rate Lambert and think we'd finish 10th if he'd have been in charge during O'neill's reign. But even if that were the case he still would have left the club in a healthier position for the next manager, in terms of the type of player he signs and he doesn't strike me as the type of person who'd leave the team in the lurch five days before the season begins.

Plus I wasn't trying to tell you what to think or even replying to you specifically. I just think the club should have higher ambitions than finishing sixth, although compared to where we are now I can see why it seems very attractive indeed.

• Like 1

A team like Aston Villa who've won everything there is to win shouldn't look back on finishing 6th out of a division of twenty teams as some sort of golden era. Imagine where we'd be now if Lambert was in charge back then.

10th I imagine.

Not really your place to say what is and isn't enough for me. I am the club as much as you are.

Alright if you don't rate Lambert and think we'd finish 10th if he'd have been in charge during O'neill's reign. But even if that were the case he still would have left the club in a healthier position for the next manager, in terms of the type of player he signs and he doesn't strike me as the type of person who'd leave the team in the lurch five days before the season begins.

Plus I wasn't trying to tell you what to think or even replying to you specifically. I just think the club should have higher ambitions than finishing sixth, although compared to where we are now I can see why it seems very attractive indeed.

The first half is completely hypothetical. Not going to debate it.

It was more than attractive, I loved every second of it. Ambition was the word. Of course I'd have loved it even more to have seen us push on, but trying was enough for me at the time. I'm not going to pretend that it wasn't the happiest I have PERSONALLY ever been on a consistent basis supporting the club just because we "should" be doing more according to 19th century statistics.

And Hull.

I personally think that is one of the issues although maybe not the main one. Vlaar and Sendoras are leaders. We have non on the pitch at he moment..

Ha, nice little sneaky dig there in the edit. I'd sooner listen to savage than you mate.

Fair enough, I kinda misread your point.

Edit - so would I some days.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

Nope our circus is beyond both of those clubs combined

Of course it's the case.

A few pages ago it was suggested that one reason for sticking with Lambert, even now, is that he knows the players and therefore knows their strengths and weaknesses. But that knowledge isn't helping him to get the most out of them on the pitch, so what good is it doing us?

Edited by Villanun
  • Like 4

Â