Paul Lambert

limpid

Go on then?

Steve Kean and Alan Pardew to name two recent ones.

I'd add Sam Allardyce too.

How many of those have a record as disgraceful as Lambert? None. 

The original point is that managers supposedly don't last long when they have the media spotlight on them.

Paul Lambert merchandise will soon be on sale at all good Villa stores, including a Paul Lambert poster, Paul Lambert mug, Paul Lambert hoodie, a Paul Lambert biography which details his heroic rise and saving of Aston Villa, and a special edition Aston Villa history detailing the foundation of the club by none other than Paul Lambert's ancestors, and the European Cup win inspired by a young Paul Lambert's half-time phone call. All hail Paul Lambert.

Paul Lambert dartboard is the topseller I heard.

Go on then?

Steve Kean and Alan Pardew to name two recent ones.

I'd add Sam Allardyce too.

How many of those have a record as disgraceful as Lambert? None. 

The original point is that managers supposedly don't last long when they have the media spotlight on them.

And there are plenty of cases for both. Even more so when a manager has such a poor record.

McLeish is a good example, Hodgson at Liverpool, Irvine and Pepe Mel at West Brom, Jol at Fulham, Villas Boas at Spurs.

The final sentence from his post match report on the game v Chelsea

"its a game we go into looking to win, it will be hard, Chelsea are a team going for the title, and I'll set the team up exactly the same as I did today and hope one of them comes up with a goal and we win 1-0"

This man has turned one of the proudest clubs in football into a laughing stock.

He should be shot let alone sacked.

Exactly and that is the saddest thing.

Richard Keys is laying into Lambert on BeIn Sports, saying that interview could've been given after any game in the last 12 weeks. He says if the manager's message is constantly just to keep going, then how is anything going to change.

Spot on. A few pundits have been saying the same this weekend.

What else can Lambert say? How do you react to defeats? 

By maybe change his generic post match punchline?! Maybe every now and again he could say, " I got it wrong today. My line up didn't work, the formation failed and I made my substitutions to late and in the wrong areas".

How about that instead of the whole " mumble, mumble... we go again"!

Sorry but playing Richardson at left back today was idiotic. Both him and Hutton being expected to provide the width with no real cover is just plain stupid against a team that can move the ball quicker and who have pace. I don't blame Clark or Okore for the defensive shambles today, both had to drift too far to close spaces down today leaving them to far apart and exposed. Ridiculous tactics and line up given the expectations of a manager on his players so yes he could put it differently, just for a change.

Richard Keys is laying into Lambert on BeIn Sports, saying that interview could've been given after any game in the last 12 weeks. He says if the manager's message is constantly just to keep going, then how is anything going to change.

By maybe change his generic post match punchline?! Maybe every now and again he could say, " I got it wrong today. My line up didn't work, the formation failed and I made my substitutions to late and in the wrong areas".

Sorry but playing Richardson at left back today was idiotic. Both him and Hutton being expected to provide the width with no real cover is just plain stupid against a team that can move the ball quicker and who have pace. I don't blame Clark or Okore for the defensive shambles today, both had to drift too far to close spaces down today leaving them to far apart and exposed. Ridiculous tactics and line up given the expectations of a manager on his players so yes he could put it differently, just for a change.

To be honest, I don't really care too much what he says in the powder puff interviews after each game.

I just hope that these messages don't mirror the instructions he gives to the players.

• Like 1

No evidence will be produced in the future that will make anyone any more certain on both sides on the divide , Lambert  in or Lambert Out.... we have all seen enough to make our judgment.

I don't dislike the man personally....but I think he is taking us down.

It maybe too late now to change him with a chance to make some repairs, but that only means it should have been done a while ago IMO

I will concede that no one can be sure a change will be for the better, but we can equally be reasonably sure this is not going to get better any time soon either.

It is a change I would be prepared to make.....just fingers crossed we can get to the summer status entacted

• Like 2

Ive gone beyond caring. Today was dreadful from minute 1.

This result feels as bad as the 0-8 v Chelsea. Just shows how little progress has been made since that game and I'd argue we've actually regressed.

Toothless up front and no creativity (Gil apart)

The truth is the results and performances speak of themselves. Six defeats on the bounce in the league, no goals in 10 hours of league football and the worst goal difference in the league. Add to that dwindling crowds, terrible football and no Plan B and probably no Plan.

But its OK Lambert can turn up gems in the transfer market, its just a shame he does not know how to us them. And it's OK as he has sorted the defence out as demonstrated by shipping five goals today.

To be honest, I don't really care too much what he says in the powder puff interviews after each game.

I just hope that these messages don't mirror the instructions he gives to the players.

It has been said in football circles that teams usually ....mirror the managers persona B)  

• Like 1

He has no link between our midfield and strikers and Benteke has become a statue. He tried to compress the game today and you could see it wasn't working but didn't change anything.

We will be relegated with the lowest goals scored because he hasn't a decking clue and still some people will insist that he is the best manager we have had in 20 years.

I think it would prove non to difficult to find a manager who could make us a more attacking threat.

And there are plenty of cases for both. Even more so when a manager has such a poor record.

McLeish is a good example, Hodgson at Liverpool, Irvine and Pepe Mel at West Brom, Jol at Fulham, Villas Boas at Spurs.

I never said there wasn't cases of both. The original point however was "when the media turn , which they are, he is half way out the door" and I was disputing that.

Â