Paul Lambert

limpid

a big test for me is when vlaar gets fit.if okore and clark are in this form then he should keep them in and not bottle it and play captain ron.

I think they deserve to keep their places, neither are injury prone and both are young. If they keep playing well they deserve to stay in the team. Esepcially if we are floating around mid table where there is not as much pressure.

I agree. Both have been excellent and it would send out totally the wrong message to not only them but any other player waiting for their chance if they were dropped. I think Lambert will stick with them and his decision should certainly be made even easier by the fact that Vlaar does not see his future being at Aston Villa.

I agree, for me its more of a case of will Senderos come back into the side.

I said earlier in the season I'd take the captaincy from Vlaar but few if any agreed, for me there are better positioned and suited people not least Senderos himself.

• Like 2

And I mentioned how odd it was that some fans couldn't wait to say stuff like ' it'll be quiet on here tonight '.....' new sticks needed etc.....as if they personally had scored some sort of victory over people who had a different view about the manager, and views, at that, which have been expressed pretty reasonably and balanced.

I made the 'new sticks' comment, it certainly wasn't in any way me proclaiming any kind of victory over other people.

It was a light hearted comment, meant in jest, because on numerous occasions in this thread people have talked about the various sticks Lambert has been beaten with.

I'd argue that quite a lot of the stuff in this thread hasn't been well balanced (yours are) but everyone is equally entitled to their views on Lambert like anything else. 

I don't share you stance but its no less valid than mine or anyone else's.

Today was another step in the right direction, one of a few of late, I still hope there are more because I don't want to see us change manager but I completely understand if others still feel differently.

Fair enough.

I certainly enjoyed it today and hope lambo did too

• Like 1

We've actually still got a decent run of games coming up.

West Brom (A)

Man Utd (H)

Swansea (A)

Sunderland (H)

Palace (H)

Leicester (A)

Followed by a more difficult period.

Liverpool (H)

Arsenal (A)

Chelsea (H)

Would be good to keep this run going for a while longer and hopefully end January on 30 points.

West Brom (A)

Man Utd (H)

Swansea (A)

Sunderland (H)

Palace (H)

Leicester (A)

Liverpool (H)

Arsenal (A)

Chelsea (H)

Would be good to keep this run going for a while longer and hopefully end January on 30 points.

Corrected for you ;)

the way the scouse hubcap stealers are playing that's actually true.

West Brom (A)

Man Utd (H)

Swansea (A)

Sunderland (H)

Palace (H)

Leicester (A)

Liverpool (H)

Arsenal (A)

Chelsea (H)

Corrected for you ;)

Haha took me a while to figure out what you meant. Could probably shift Arsenal into that as well tbh!

West Brom (A)

Man Utd (H)

Swansea (A)

Sunderland (H)

Palace (H)

Leicester (A)

Liverpool (H)

Arsenal (A)

Chelsea (H)

Corrected for you ;)

Corrected for both of you ;)

Only Chelsea and Man City are really to 'fear' this season.

2 wins against the 2 worst teams in the league impress nobody. I predict we're back in the bottom 5 in the coming months, i don't say we're going to get relegated, because there simply are worse teams, but we're never getting mid table under Lambert.

• Like 1

2 wins against the 2 worst teams in the league impress nobody. I predict we're back in the bottom 5 in the coming months, i don't say we're going to get relegated, because there simply are worse teams, but we're never getting mid table under Lambert.

Have a day off. We just won. Streuth.

• Like 3

And I'm happy, I'm also realistic. To think we're going to finish mid table after wins against promoted sides is naive.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

Against the mighty Leicester yeah??

Lets hope he keeps up the new found tactics of attacking for 90 minutes and we may win some more.

I'd love to of seen what Lambert could of done with similar backing to what MON had.  His big money signings have all been quality and he could achieve great things here with proper backing.  I believe the tactics he has adapted for the past season and a half have been born out of a need to do whatever it takes to keep us up especially considering how bad we were at the back and just fell apart for alot of games in his first season.  If Lerner gives him decent funds for an attacking mid and a winger then we should be finishing top half.

• Like 4

Against the mighty Leicester yeah??

Lets hope he keeps up the new found tactics of attacking for 90 minutes and we may win some more.

I don't care whether we won against Leicester or Blythe Spartans. A win is a win. I don't think Lambert should be our manager anymore but a night off from all the bickering would be perfect.

Positive stuff from the team today and I thought Lambert made the right subs. I wish the midfield would push up a bit further, and there's still not enough off the ball movement, so if Lambert can correct those things he will continue to rehabilitate himself in my eyes.

• Like 1

At the start of the season I just wanted us to compete, results come before performance. I think most fans have to be realistic and accept we are unlikely to beat last season's top 6 (although good to push them) but want to compete against the other 13 teams. I think a good season would see us finish 12th with our position in the footballing world at the moment.

So with this in mind, taking out the top 6 from last year, our record is pretty good!

Stoke, Newcastle, Hull, QPR, West Ham, Southampton, Burnley, Crystal Palace and Leicester. P9 W4 D4 L1 = 16pts

The performances havent been great but the results aren't that bad. This isn't even taking into account the great season West Ham and Southampton are having. I'm happy with the season so far and haven't wavered from that belief since August.

• Like 1

Â