Paul Lambert

limpid

I honestly believe we deserved a point vs West Ham due to how hard we battled and we defended well, I believe we deserved at least a point vs Spurs and most likely would of won if Benteke stayed on and I think we were unlucky to lose to Qpr as they basically took their only chance of the first half and we gifted them the second.

Always

I honestly believe we deserved a point vs West Ham due to how hard we battled and we defended well, I believe we deserved at least a point vs Spurs and most likely would of won if Benteke stayed on and I think we were unlucky to lose to Qpr as they basically took their only chance of the first half and we gifted them the second.

I always remember the Aussies in 2005 celebrating the draw at old Trafford as being the moment we finally knew we'd recapture the ashes.

Winners win. Losers talk about how they nearly won,or could've won,or should've won,and celebrate draws.

I see the Southampton game has joined the list of those it is OK to lose.....

We battled hard in the 3 games I'm referring to and could easily of picked up more than 1 point, that's the main point I'm trying to make. People are making out like we have been terrible in every game and deserved to lose them all which is complete crap imo and an over reaction just to justify their opinion of Lambert.  

Not every game, but some are talking about the entire period under Lambert.

Stoke - we were solid and organised, not much of threat but we scored against a very lame side

Newcastle - same as above, Newcastle created a lot more than we did but we worked our asses off.

Leyton Orient - lots of possession, no end product, got sucker punched right at the death. So much like recent cup defeats under Lambert.

Hull - we played well for at least 50 minutes, actually attacked and showed brief signs of creativity. We nearly threw it away towards the end though.

Liverpool - we came out of the blocks like a steam train and for a moment you saw everything that could be good about our current team. After the goal we shut up shop. Some would say that was wise under the circumstances, i would say we could have kept attacking. But we won so who cares what I think.

Arsenal - Hard to judge this one due to the stomach bug, defensively we imploded though and in the second half it was damage limitation but you can't really blame Lambert for this one.

Chelsea - Utterly meak, gutless performance, we never even tried to compete. 

Man City - We can't be faulted on effort, but ultimately as we've found time and time again we can't just defend for 90 mins.

Everton - see Chelsea but more embarassing because it was Everton

QPR - We actually played some decent football but lacked a cutting edge, I will stick my neck out and say we did not deserve to lose this one.

Spurs - I will agree with most that we should not have thrown this away, but how many times can you say 'we did not deserve' and make anyone other than fans of this club believe that.

West Ham - Fleeting signs of the Villa that showed up vs Hull and Liverpool, but our offensive play is still disjointed and if it wasn't for Guzan we would have lost this. Yes Hammers are the form team so i'm glad we got something.

All this doesn't disguise the fact we are no better than last season or the season before, in some ways we are worse.

Always

I always remember the Aussies in 2005 celebrating the draw at old Trafford as being the moment we finally knew we'd recapture the ashes.

Winners win. Losers talk about how they nearly won,or could've won,or should've won,and celebrate draws.

We battled hard in the 3 games I'm referring to and could easily of picked up more than 1 point, that's the main point I'm trying to make. People are making out like we have been terrible in every game and deserved to lose them all which is complete crap imo and an over reaction just to justify their opinion of Lambert.  

Not every game, but some are talking about the entire period under Lambert.

Stoke - we were solid and organised, not much of threat but we scored against a very lame side

Newcastle - same as above, Newcastle created a lot more than we did but we worked our asses off.

Leyton Orient - lots of possession, no end product, got sucker punched right at the death. So much like recent cup defeats under Lambert.

Hull - we played well for at least 50 minutes, actually attacked and showed brief signs of creativity. We nearly threw it away towards the end though.

Liverpool - we came out of the blocks like a steam train and for a moment you saw everything that could be good about our current team. After the goal we shut up shop. Some would say that was wise under the circumstances, i would say we could have kept attacking. But we won so who cares what I think.

Arsenal - Hard to judge this one due to the stomach bug, defensively we imploded though and in the second half it was damage limitation but you can't really blame Lambert for this one.

Chelsea - Utterly meak, gutless performance, we never even tried to compete. 

Man City - We can't be faulted on effort, but ultimately as we've found time and time again we can't just defend for 90 mins.

Everton - see Chelsea but more embarassing because it was Everton

QPR - We actually played some decent football but lacked a cutting edge, I will stick my neck out and say we did not deserve to lose this one.

Spurs - I will agree with most that we should not have thrown this away, but how many times can you say 'we did not deserve' and make anyone other than fans of this club believe that.

West Ham - Fleeting signs of the Villa that showed up vs Hull and Liverpool, but our offensive play is still disjointed and if it wasn't for Guzan we would have lost this. Yes Hammers are the form team so i'm glad we got something.

All this doesn't disguise the fact we are no better than last season or the season before, in some ways we are worse.

Good post and I agree with nearly all of it but I'm prepared to wait and see how we are going at Xmas as we started this season well but have since gone to shit, I was pissed off after the Qpr game as it was another loss and wanted to see a response from the team after that game.  We have since put in 2 good performances and if we can keep that up along with getting Benteke in the team then I think we will start winning again. 

I have watched Villa in the lower divisions.... when we really did have no money....in relative terms that is not now the case.

I will not support them when I feel that there is little fight from the club to turn it around.

Football has changed a lot since then. Compared to the rest of the Premier League we have hardly anything to spend. That isn't the only reason why we've been so poor of course but it definitely contributes.

What do you mean by not support them? The board, the manager or the team?

The lot....it's all so defeatest

So in frustration....I've mirrored them and walked.

Edited by TRO

Okay, all these posters who want Lambert sacked straight away are very vocal that the ones who want him to be given more time are in the very low minority (excuse merchants i believe one poster referred to us by).

I ask you this, if there are 99% of the fan base wanting him out so badly then we are there no mass protests at games such as there was with Pardew at Newcastle. I put it to you, that you are actually in the minority and most fans realise these excuses put forward are in fact reality at Villa and not even Mourinho could do much better than tread water here given the constraints.

Nice hypothesis.

Poll results suggest otherwise though.

What polls this? The one on Villa talk that a couple of hundred took part in and was started by the Lambert out brigade?
What relevance is it who started the poll?

You don't need to be a genius to work out that if people like myself, long time Lambert supporters, have started to turn then the majority are likely to have. You don't need a poll to tell you that, just talk to people.

So you want Lambert to go straight away? The majority of people who supported Lambert that ive talked to including myself want him to be given to Christmas. I guess im talking to the wrong Lambert supporters than you were.

Why do you keep saying straight away? He's had 87 premier league games in charge of Aston villa.

Cause thats what the Poll was, wasnt it? Straight away or christmas...

Ok fair play when i set up the poll i should have added extra poll options for Lambert's removal such as 'at the end of the season' 'next January' 'end of next season' or 'five years from now.'

my bad

Edited by VillanousOne

I think if we had more to spend then right now we'd have a more expensive squad playing awful football, instead of a cheap one playing awful football

that just about wraps it up

Always

Personally I think most people/fans have built up their opinions based on the last 2 years plus, not 3 games. As for the 3 games the thing is we didn't win any of them though?! Sometimes terrible doesn't have to come into it. If something isn't working, it needs repairing or replacing. Lambert can't repair! At least not well enough to perform for any length of time before breaking down again.

I don't doubt they have built up their frustration over his tenure but I do know they don't take into account fully the finances behind it

This simply isn't true.

Many appreciate the finacial constraints yet still feel this doesn't excuse how poorly the team has been managed for the majority of Lambert's tenure.

• Like 3

I think if we had more to spend then right now we'd have a more expensive squad playing awful football, instead of a cheap one playing awful football

that just about wraps it up

More expensive squad would mean more injuries and more players bombed out. The basic squad available for selection would be little different than today.

There is a fundamental point that keeps getting overlooked, especially by those posters who are supportive of the manager. At what point does "enough is enough" actually happen? Disregarding the extreme posts of some who clearly are working to a different agenda and mindset, it's interesting to listen and read some of the comments from the minority now who are prepared to give him longer (IMO continuing to ruin the club).

The compelling reasons for a change of manager are there, and have been for some time now. The leadership at the club are running the club with a strange attitude I think everyone accepts, but there still seems to be a hard core of fans who will not accept that Lambert is not the right man for the job. We see, give him a few more games, give him until Xmas, wait until Randy has gone etc, which I can accept as being views - not agree with them at all - but there seems little in the way of justifying them based on Lambert's woeful performance to date. It's not as though this is a blip either, this has been a steady decline from the start if you look back at it and now we see evidence all over the club playing side of the shambles he is inflicting on the club.

So what are the criteria that some who are not ready to call for his replacement using? I think it will add to the reasonable debate if people understand what compelling reasons are being given for keeping him

• Like 3

Any chance we could send him out on loan to League 1? Just sort of put the tactics and that 'Go On Holiday' for maybe 2 months and then bring him back. Maybe send him to a few courses here and there as well. What to do when certain things happen in the match 101. Stuff like that. 

• Like 1

In Lambert defence the players are playing for him, the last ditch defending, the constant moaning of officials by some players show they do actually care and its hurting them as well. For all our faults you cannot say the players arent trying

• Like 2

Â