Paul Lambert

limpid

Are we all supposed to be in labeled gangs now? Suppose I'd better make my mind up quickly so some tosser's label applies.

I don't even think you need to do anything - if you're not 100% against Lambert and want him sacked right now then automatically you're in the pro-Lambert camp. At least, that's how it seems sometimes.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 3

I honestly believe we deserved a point vs West Ham due to how hard we battled and we defended well, I believe we deserved at least a point vs Spurs and most likely would of won if Benteke stayed on and I think we were unlucky to lose to Qpr as they basically took their only chance of the first half and we gifted them the second.

Always

I honestly believe we deserved a point vs West Ham due to how hard we battled and we defended well, I believe we deserved at least a point vs Spurs and most likely would of won if Benteke stayed on and I think we were unlucky to lose to Qpr as they basically took their only chance of the first half and we gifted them the second.

I always remember the Aussies in 2005 celebrating the draw at old Trafford as being the moment we finally knew we'd recapture the ashes.

Winners win. Losers talk about how they nearly won,or could've won,or should've won,and celebrate draws.

I see the Southampton game has joined the list of those it is OK to lose.....

• Like 2

I have read a lot on here recently without feeling the need to involve myself. Then I saw a comment that suggested if the majority of fans at Villa were unhappy they would protest as we did last season. I've been going down the villa since my old man took me down in the late seventies, travelled europe, season ticket for twenty years give or take, introduced my kids to the club, spent fortunes, etc.

I as many others, have half given up going down this season and giving a crap. I have many mates that are in excactly the same boat as me, and the reason for this.. The Villa over the last few seasons have, as a whole become defeatest.The attitude of the club at boardroom and the team has filtered onto the terraces. The atmosphere and in general the passion from the fans to urge this team of ours on to become winners. It's non existant the majority of time. Even the holte is a tiny shadow of it's former glory when it comes to being vocal. Too many fans have accepted it's ok to be a club of losers from top to bottom. Others like myself protest by staying away. It's either that or become very angry at the negativity which comes from watching Lamberts attempts to get villa playing decent football or indeed watch it filter onto the terraces. It's depressing!

Nearly all of us have no hidden agenda except to see Villa become great again so I do not understand why people suggest otherwise. The bottom line is, for most that Lambert has had more than enough time to at the very least got the players at his disposal organised. Get the team playing with some sort of cohesion, passion and the balls to have a go at teams in an attempt to win matches. This is not the case though under Lambert who I feel has gone as far at villa as he can.

I would've loved lambert to succeed as any manager that comes to my club(bar McGinge). But I'm against people in my club that lose and then cry, complain and blame everything from money, injuries, the fixture list or whatever excuse they can muster in defence of their own failure. I'm against the fools running Aston Villa including Lerner and those that excuse them with excuses. Just because I stay away though doesn't mean I'm not protesting.

well said, I am in the same boat.

I Wouldn't be much fun sitting next to... watching that...i would probably get my head punched for saying things no one wants to hear but are saying it to themselves.

it is much easier to reconcile watching it when it has cost you nothing.

I have watched Villa in the lower divisions.... when we really did have no money....in relative terms that is not now the case.

I will not support them when I feel that there is little fight from the club to turn it around.

Even if Lambert goes does anyone trust Lerner to get the right man, with his track record of appointing managers, Felix Magath will be our next manager.

I know nothing about the internal structure of the club, does Lerner not have a man who would shortlist potential replacements for him, if so seems it should be him that's getting the blame (although I am aware it would still be Lerner's fault as he's hired the man).

If not then god help us. No idea how he'd decide, maybe a quick google search and pop some names into a hat.

I have watched Villa in the lower divisions.... when we really did have no money....in relative terms that is not now the case.

I will not support them when I feel that there is little fight from the club to turn it around.

Football has changed a lot since then. Compared to the rest of the Premier League we have hardly anything to spend. That isn't the only reason why we've been so poor of course but it definitely contributes.

What do you mean by not support them? The board, the manager or the team?

Even if Lambert goes does anyone trust Lerner to get the right man, with his track record of appointing managers, Felix Magath will be our next manager.

Faulkner had a huge input with signing previous managers including McLeish with who he personally quoted, remember had "quality premiership experience". Although I guess Lerner will make the final decision, I would think this time Fox would have some input and im sure he would not want to kill off his reputation with signing some mugg!

When i think of Lambert of late it kinda reminds me of my youth school packed lunches. 

Always Wanting the Wagon Wheel but opening the box and keep getting the **** Blue Ribbon.

Edited by Kingman

Always

I always remember the Aussies in 2005 celebrating the draw at old Trafford as being the moment we finally knew we'd recapture the ashes.

Winners win. Losers talk about how they nearly won,or could've won,or should've won,and celebrate draws.

We battled hard in the 3 games I'm referring to and could easily of picked up more than 1 point, that's the main point I'm trying to make. People are making out like we have been terrible in every game and deserved to lose them all which is complete crap imo and an over reaction just to justify their opinion of Lambert.  

So the best excuse to keep Lambert is that nobody else will want the job?

Sure there are many who will want the job, you just have to question the motives.  Plenty of crap we can replace lambert with...but what do you want to achieve by changing the manager?

People are making out like we have been terrible in every game and deserved to lose them all which is complete crap imo and an over reaction just to justify their opinion of Lambert.

And are you not claiming we've been good in the last 3 games to justify your opinion of Lambert? You seem to keep on that you see the game in a way those of us who are unhappy currently can't see.

Always

We battled hard in the 3 games I'm referring to and could easily of picked up more than 1 point, that's the main point I'm trying to make. People are making out like we have been terrible in every game and deserved to lose them all which is complete crap imo and an over reaction just to justify their opinion of Lambert.  

Not every game, but some are talking about the entire period under Lambert.

Stoke - we were solid and organised, not much of threat but we scored against a very lame side

Newcastle - same as above, Newcastle created a lot more than we did but we worked our asses off.

Leyton Orient - lots of possession, no end product, got sucker punched right at the death. So much like recent cup defeats under Lambert.

Hull - we played well for at least 50 minutes, actually attacked and showed brief signs of creativity. We nearly threw it away towards the end though.

Liverpool - we came out of the blocks like a steam train and for a moment you saw everything that could be good about our current team. After the goal we shut up shop. Some would say that was wise under the circumstances, i would say we could have kept attacking. But we won so who cares what I think.

Arsenal - Hard to judge this one due to the stomach bug, defensively we imploded though and in the second half it was damage limitation but you can't really blame Lambert for this one.

Chelsea - Utterly meak, gutless performance, we never even tried to compete. 

Man City - We can't be faulted on effort, but ultimately as we've found time and time again we can't just defend for 90 mins.

Everton - see Chelsea but more embarassing because it was Everton

QPR - We actually played some decent football but lacked a cutting edge, I will stick my neck out and say we did not deserve to lose this one.

Spurs - I will agree with most that we should not have thrown this away, but how many times can you say 'we did not deserve' and make anyone other than fans of this club believe that.

West Ham - Fleeting signs of the Villa that showed up vs Hull and Liverpool, but our offensive play is still disjointed and if it wasn't for Guzan we would have lost this. Yes Hammers are the form team so i'm glad we got something.

All this doesn't disguise the fact we are no better than last season or the season before, in some ways we are worse.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 2

Football has changed a lot since then. Compared to the rest of the Premier League we have hardly anything to spend. That isn't the only reason why we've been so poor of course but it definitely contributes.

What do you mean by not support them? The board, the manager or the team?

football has always changed over the Last 100 years....but certain things seem to remain The same. I don't buy the money argument to the same extent some do....we have spent 110 mill net spend over the last 8years to arrive at this.

There is an awful bunch of bad decisions In that period from many contributors.

Edited by TRO

Okay, all these posters who want Lambert sacked straight away are very vocal that the ones who want him to be given more time are in the very low minority (excuse merchants i believe one poster referred to us by).

I ask you this, if there are 99% of the fan base wanting him out so badly then we are there no mass protests at games such as there was with Pardew at Newcastle. I put it to you, that you are actually in the minority and most fans realise these excuses put forward are in fact reality at Villa and not even Mourinho could do much better than tread water here given the constraints.

Nice hypothesis.

Poll results suggest otherwise though.

What polls this? The one on Villa talk that a couple of hundred took part in and was started by the Lambert out brigade?

What relevance is it who started the poll?

You don't need to be a genius to work out that if people like myself, long time Lambert supporters, have started to turn then the majority are likely to have. You don't need a poll to tell you that, just talk to people.

• Like 2

Â