Paul Lambert

limpid

The players are still playing for him and we have played good in the last 2 games and are unlucky not to picked up more than a point in them 2 games.  I'm happy to give him til Xmas and see how things pan out when we have a slightly less forgiving set of fixtures.

Fixed.  :)

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Okay, all these posters who want Lambert sacked straight away are very vocal that the ones who want him to be given more time are in the very low minority (excuse merchants i believe one poster referred to us by).

I ask you this, if there are 99% of the fan base wanting him out so badly then we are there no mass protests at games such as there was with Pardew at Newcastle. I put it to you, that you are actually in the minority and most fans realise these excuses put forward are in fact reality at Villa and not even Mourinho could do much better than tread water here given the constraints.

• Like 2

Sacked straight away?

I think you're wrong. Fans turned on him twice last season at the end. I think the lack of protest is down to apathy. The club is up for sale and I think most fans feel that Lerner wouldn't listen anyway.

• Like 1

if we are bottom 3 by christmas with the relatively easy run coming I will be shocked if he still has support from the few remaining fans, surely then Lerner will have no choice.

I'm one of the few remaining who don't think we should give him the boot at this point. Even after the last 7 games.

If we don't get a few wins on the run we have coming up then I'll be very surprised. Southampton are flying so I doubt we're favourites there, then there's 4 or 5 games where if we can reproduce our form from the first 4 games we should get a lot of points.

If we average around or less than a point a game through that run (barring more injuries) then I'll start thinking we get someone else in who can do something in the Jan window. I'm confident we will get on a good run though and if we don't I really won't be looking forward to seeing the results of our manager search unless Lerner announces either new investment or new ownership. 

To be fair, if we're averaging a point or less than that through a run of games including Burnley, Leicester and Crystal Palace then we'll pretty much mathematically be bottom of the table, so I think things would be spiraling out of control at that point. 

Exactly and he'd deserve to be shown the door at that point. Personally I don't see it happening and think we'll be mid table at new year.

Sacked straight away?

I think you're wrong. Fans turned on him twice last season at the end. I think the lack of protest is down to apathy. The club is up for sale and I think most fans feel that Lerner wouldn't listen anyway.

You do realise though that even people who don't want him out right now are apathetic as well right? I personally am just more apathetic to the real cause of the problem, Randy Lerner.

• Like 1

Okay, all these posters who want Lambert sacked straight away are very vocal that the ones who want him to be given more time are in the very low minority (excuse merchants i believe one poster referred to us by).

I ask you this, if there are 99% of the fan base wanting him out so badly then we are there no mass protests at games such as there was with Pardew at Newcastle. I put it to you, that you are actually in the minority and most fans realise these excuses put forward are in fact reality at Villa and not even Mourinho could do much better than tread water here given the constraints.

Nice hypothesis.

Poll results suggest otherwise though.

Sacked straight away?

You do realise though that even people who don't want him out right now are apathetic as well right? I personally am just more apathetic to the real cause of the problem, Randy Lerner.

Oh yeah I agree. The whole fan base seems to feel that way. Lerner is the major problem and him staying away and being unable to sell the club has led to it.

Nice hypothesis.

What polls this? The one on Villa talk that a couple of hundred took part in and was started by the Lambert out brigade?

Sacked straight away?

Oh yeah I agree. The whole fan base seems to feel that way. Lerner is the major problem and him staying away and being unable to sell the club has led to it.

So would you say you are at least equally as vocal in the Randy Lerner thread as you seem to be everywhere else? Bare in mind you've just agreed that he is the major problem?

How we laughed at the West Ham fans stuck with Sam Allardyce, only for him to turn it around spectacularly this season (with the help of a lot of cash).

I doubt the majority of Hammers fans are wanting SA gone now. Getting or keeping the fans on board is a results business. No matter what they might say, the vast majority of fans look only at the results. Has Allardyce become a better manager than he was last season? No, he's got better players.

There is no progress. Only the 3 clubs that came up last year plus the mighty Crystal Palace are below us. We are the lowest scorers in the division (with less than half a goal per game scored on average) and we are getting closer and closer to the relegation zone with every game that passes. How on earth anyone can defend him is beyond me.

Edited by pacbuddies
  • Like 1

Sacked straight away?

So would you say you are at least equally as vocal in the Randy Lerner thread as you seem to be everywhere else? Bare in mind you've just agreed that he is the major problem?

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.  Lerner is the main problem but that doesn't mean lambert isn't under performing.  Also Lerner has no impact on the individual games, the way we play, the way we approach the game and the changes or lack of changes that occur during the game.  It would seem a bit daft to be criticising those aspects in the randy lerner thread.

Sacked straight away?

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.  Lerner is the main problem but that doesn't mean lambert isn't under performing.  Also Lerner has no impact on the individual games, the way we play, the way we approach the game and the changes or lack of changes that occur during the game.  It would seem a bit daft to be criticising those aspects in the randy lerner thread.

I wasn't trying to make a point. I'm trying to understand your point of view. Nothing more, nothing less.

How we laughed at the West Ham fans stuck with Sam Allardyce, only for him to turn it around spectacularly this season (with the help of a lot of cash).

I doubt the majority of Hammers fans are wanting SA gone now. Getting or keeping the fans on board is a results business. No matter what they might say, the vast majority of fans look only at the results. Has Allardyce become a better manager than he was last season? No, he's got better players.

Of course it's a results business. Hence the reason a lot want lambert gone.  The results over the 2 and a half years have been terrible.

while the fans keep paying....the manager keeps staying.

There is c 10/12k that have walked...The rest are compliant by virtue of their attendance and lack of a concerted protest....so this is what you have bought in to ( not intentionally)and this is what you will get.

its not a criticism, just an observation.

Sacked straight away?

The fans protested twice the end of last season, apathy wouldnt stop them doing it again. The reason it hasnt happened is because we got 11 pts out of 18 mostly against teams we expect pts from and no pts from teams the fans didnt expect pts from.

Managers dont get removed for playing bad football when the man who employs them knows the daily constraints/uncertainty they are working under especially when they are picking up points.

Sacked straight away?

I wasn't trying to make a point. I'm trying to understand your point of view. Nothing more, nothing less.

Oh ok.

Well my point of view is Randy Lerner is the main issue at the club and has done a terrible job.  But while his restrictions on lambert have been tough, the manager has failed to show any improvement from Mcleish and shows nothing to suggest things will improve under him.

Pretty much a terrible combo of owner and manager IMO

• Like 2

Nice hypothesis.

What polls this? The one on Villa talk that a couple of hundred took part in and was started by the Lambert out brigade?

Also poll results on other Villa forums, not sure if allowed to mention them on here, but yeah your half-baked nonsense obviously makes more sense than real evidence.

Also how is the agenda of the poll starter, which how could you know, relevant in the slightest?

Nice hypothesis.

Also poll results on other Villa forums, not sure if allowed to mention them on here, but yeah your half-baked nonsense obviously makes more sense than real evidence.

Also how is the agenda of the poll starter, which how could you know, relevant in the slightest?

You are the most hostile penguin i've ever come across.....

Â