Paul Lambert

limpid

Okay, all these posters who want Lambert sacked straight away are very vocal that the ones who want him to be given more time are in the very low minority (excuse merchants i believe one poster referred to us by).

I ask you this, if there are 99% of the fan base wanting him out so badly then we are there no mass protests at games such as there was with Pardew at Newcastle. I put it to you, that you are actually in the minority and most fans realise these excuses put forward are in fact reality at Villa and not even Mourinho could do much better than tread water here given the constraints.

Nice hypothesis.

Poll results suggest otherwise though.

What polls this? The one on Villa talk that a couple of hundred took part in and was started by the Lambert out brigade?

Also poll results on other Villa forums, not sure if allowed to mention them on here, but yeah your half-baked nonsense obviously makes more sense than real evidence.

Also how is the agenda of the poll starter, which how could you know, relevant in the slightest?

You are the most hostile penguin i've ever come across.....

I'm no Monty.

• Like 1

Okay, all these posters who want Lambert sacked straight away are very vocal that the ones who want him to be given more time are in the very low minority (excuse merchants i believe one poster referred to us by).

I ask you this, if there are 99% of the fan base wanting him out so badly then we are there no mass protests at games such as there was with Pardew at Newcastle. I put it to you, that you are actually in the minority and most fans realise these excuses put forward are in fact reality at Villa and not even Mourinho could do much better than tread water here given the constraints.

Nice hypothesis.

Poll results suggest otherwise though.

What polls this? The one on Villa talk that a couple of hundred took part in and was started by the Lambert out brigade?
Also poll results on other Villa forums, not sure if allowed to mention them on here, but yeah your half-baked nonsense obviously makes more sense than real evidence.

Also how is the agenda of the poll starter, which how could you know, relevant in the slightest?

Again no protests at games!

There's no way to prove what the majority of fans currently think or want.  I get the feeling from reading different forums, listening to the radio and villa podcasts and attending games that it seems the majority would like a change.  I could be wrong.  Who cares? Do you only base your opinion on what the majority think?  

How we laughed at the West Ham fans stuck with Sam Allardyce, only for him to turn it around spectacularly this season (with the help of a lot of cash).

I doubt the majority of Hammers fans are wanting SA gone now. Getting or keeping the fans on board is a results business. No matter what they might say, the vast majority of fans look only at the results. Has Allardyce become a better manager than he was last season? No, he's got better players.

Of course it's a results business. Hence the reason a lot want lambert gone.  The results over the 2 and a half years have been terrible.

Go on, try a BIT harder to understand what I'm saying. Allardyce's results last season were terrible. Lucky for him there was money available, and now there's been an improvement.

• Like 1

How we laughed at the West Ham fans stuck with Sam Allardyce, only for him to turn it around spectacularly this season (with the help of a lot of cash).

I doubt the majority of Hammers fans are wanting SA gone now. Getting or keeping the fans on board is a results business. No matter what they might say, the vast majority of fans look only at the results. Has Allardyce become a better manager than he was last season? No, he's got better players.

Of course it's a results business. Hence the reason a lot want lambert gone.  The results over the 2 and a half years have been terrible.

Go on, try a BIT harder to understand what I'm saying. Allardyce's results last season were terrible. Lucky for him there was money available, and now there's been an improvement.

I'm not disagreeing with you.  You said fans won't want Allardyce out now because they're playing well because he's getting the results.  That's obvious isn't it? Like you say it's a results business and like i said ours have been awful.

Edited by DCJonah

What I don't get is that a lot of people are calling for Pulis to be appointed. Didn't he just leave another team because they wouldn't meet his ambition financially?

That was the rumour, who knows what went on though.  I think if we could get him it would be a better appointment that sticking with lambert.

What I don't get is that a lot of people are calling for Pulis to be appointed. Didn't he just leave another team because they wouldn't meet his ambition financially?

That was the rumour, who knows what went on though.  I think if we could get him it would be a better appointment that sticking with lambert.

Rumour or not. I can't imagine he is going to rock up here, turn us around and then stick it out under Randolph.

There is no progress. Only the 3 clubs that came up last year plus the mighty Crystal Palace are below us. We are the lowest scorers in the division (with less than half a goal per game scored on average) and we are getting closer and closer to the relegation zone with every game that passes. How on earth anyone can defend him is beyond me.

I think we are the lowest scorers in all the leagues?

We have been getting closer to the relegation zone, but to be fair we did start the slide from second place so we didn't have a lot of room to go up from there ;)

We got ourselves a nice cushion which we've just about used up having played all of last seasons best teams. After the very much on form Southampton we have a run of 5 or 6 games which if we play as well as we can do we can get points from. 10 points from the next 6 games and things will look a bit rosier with 21 points from 17 played. be good enough to be comfortable mid table you would think.

On the other hand if we continue to not score goals and everything goes tits up you'd expect him to be sacked before the Jan window. A run of one goal and one point from 10 games should seal anyone's fate after they've had a couple of years at it you would think.

I think it's more likely we'll do reasonably well in the next 5 or 6 games though to be honest.

• Like 3

Lambert can say what he likes villa are shite under his leadership we are not going to spring 3-4 results together at onetime again. Villa do not play football the correct way counter attack and parking the bus dont work are football is so so negative villa park is a help yaself buffet that is where are troubles truly lie at home.

Edited by villan501

I honestly believe we deserved a point vs West Ham due to how hard we battled and we defended well, I believe we deserved at least a point vs Spurs and most likely would of won if Benteke stayed on and I think we were unlucky to lose to Qpr as they basically took their only chance of the first half and we gifted them the second

You could say this for every game we play. Maybe then we deserved a point in the Chelsea game. Your not making any sense in your defence of Lambert

I'm just stating that we have played good in our last 3 games and are unlucky to of only taken 1 point, imo I'm not over-reacting.  If we had played like complete shit and been dominated in all of our last 3 then I'd be calling for Lambert to go but we haven't,  we could of had 3/4 goals vs Spurs, we most likely would of won if Benteke stayed on the pitch.  Qpr barely had any chances and we gifted them the second.  I don't think it's too over the top to say we could easily of taken 3/5 points out of them 3 games with a few breaks going our way. 

There is no progress. Only the 3 clubs that came up last year plus the mighty Crystal Palace are below us. We are the lowest scorers in the division (with less than half a goal per game scored on average) and we are getting closer and closer to the relegation zone with every game that passes. How on earth anyone can defend him is beyond me.

I think we are the lowest scorers in all the leagues?

We have been getting closer to the relegation zone, but to be fair we did start the slide from second place so we didn't have a lot of room to go up from there ;)

We got ourselves a nice cushion which we've just about used up having played all of last seasons best teams. After the very much on form Southampton we have a run of 5 or 6 games which if we play as well as we can do we can get points from. 10 points from the next 6 games and things will look a bit rosier with 21 points from 17 played. be good enough to be comfortable mid table you would think.

On the other hand if we continue to not score goals and everything goes tits up you'd expect him to be sacked before the Jan window. A run of one goal and one point from 10 games should seal anyone's fate after they've had a couple of years at it you would think.

I think it's more likely we'll do reasonably well in the next 5 or 6 games though to be honest.

What the hell do you base this on?? Its guess work, I wouldn't put a large bet on us beating burnley at the moment and the way were playing, I wouldn't bet on any to win!!

Edited by foreveryoung

I honestly believe we deserved a point vs West Ham due to how hard we battled and we defended well, I believe we deserved at least a point vs Spurs and most likely would of won if Benteke stayed on and I think we were unlucky to lose to Qpr as they basically took their only chance of the first half and we gifted them the second

You could say this for every game we play. Maybe then we deserved a point in the Chelsea game. Your not making any sense in your defence of Lambert

I'm just stating that we have played good in our last 3 games and are unlucky to of only taken 1 point, imo I'm not over-reacting.  If we had played like complete shit and been dominated in all of our last 3 then I'd be calling for Lambert to go but we haven't,  we could of had 3/4 goals vs Spurs, we most likely would of won if Benteke stayed on the pitch.  Qpr barely had any chances and we gifted them the second.  I don't think it's too over the top to say we could easily of taken 3/5 points out of them 3 games with a few breaks going our way. 

If football played out like this, the league would look completely different. We could have, does not get you goals or win you games. What it does do, is get you relegated!!

A couple of points.

1. People saying he's been hamstrung financially. Yes, he's not had the millions O'Neill has but he has spent money each window e.g. £7m Kozak etc. He has limited success in the market IMO with Vlaar and Benteke the successes. If we did have more money available, do you really want Lambert to spend it?

2. People are not suggesting Lambert goes because we have lost games vs last seasons top 5. They are suggesting he goes because of the results over the past 2 1/2 years. Have ambitions lowered that much that a manager who racks up all sorts of negative records, with no distinct style of play who just about keeps us up is seen to be doing well?

while the fans keep paying....the manager keeps staying.

There is c 10/12k that have walked...The rest are compliant by virtue of their attendance and lack of a concerted protest....so this is what you have bought in to ( not intentionally)and this is what you will get.

its not a criticism, just an observation.

Just because people turn up to support their team and don't protest outside VP doesn't mean they want Lambert to stay.

while the fans keep paying....the manager keeps staying.

There is c 10/12k that have walked...The rest are compliant by virtue of their attendance and lack of a concerted protest....so this is what you have bought in to ( not intentionally)and this is what you will get.

its not a criticism, just an observation.

Just because people turn up to support their team and don't protest outside VP doesn't mean they want Lambert to stay.

Many turn up to VP to support the club/team and don't want to do anything that distracts from that, doesn't mean they don't want the manager out.

During McLeish's tenure, many fans wanted him out from the start, in fact a majority did, but only a small minority protested. You just don't see large scale protest at villa.

I'm just stating that we have played good in our last 3 games and are unlucky to of only taken 1 point, imo I'm not over-reacting. If we had played like complete shit and been dominated in all of our last 3 then I'd be calling for Lambert to go but we haven't, we could of had 3/4 goals vs Spurs, we most likely would of won if Benteke stayed on the pitch. Qpr barely had any chances and we gifted them the second. I don't think it's too over the top to say we could easily of taken 3/5 points out of them 3 games with a few breaks going our way.

If football played out like this, the league would look completely different. We could have, does not get you goals or win you games. What it does do, is get you relegated!!

That one sided analysis of the game also ignore the 2/3 goals spurs could have scored in the first half.

• Like 1

In reality the only reason he is still here is because of Lerner. In a different situation he would have been gone last season, if not definately after the last 7 results. There's no other owner in the premier league regardless of our bleak transfer funds, that would have kept Lambert here based on results. I dont think even the Lambert supporters can argue with that!!

Â