Paul Lambert

limpid

Not scoring in 5 is pretty poor. Knowing it is the first time it has happened in our history suggest we close to having one of the worst teams in our history and it is getting worse each year.

Eventually we will be relegated with Lerner is running this club.

I think the record just applies to the Premiership.

But does it really matter? I mean, not scoring for 5 games is beyond dreadful on its own.

It doesn't make any difference to the situation but it's definitely worth mentioning in my opinion.

I know I'm in a minority but I still don't think Lambert should be sacked, although that's only because I don't think we could attract anybody half decent in our current situation. Steve Clarke is probably the best we could hope for.

Probably true. Be madness to sack him if nobody else is lined up as a replacement.

Only thing worse than current shambles would be this.

I know I'm in a minority but I still don't think Lambert should be sacked, although that's only because I don't think we could attract anybody half decent in our current situation. Steve Clarke is probably the best we could hope for.

Probably true. Be madness to sack him if nobody else is lined up as a replacement.

I'd agree if Lambert was actually half decent in the first place but he isn't

I can't think of many worse out there but there is currently a lot better available anyway

• Like 1

There's one thing making mistakes and learning from them but it's the continually making the same mistakes that does my head in!

Another record (5 defeats in a row) to add to Lambert's collection. Probably will be 6 losses after the Spurs game.

Lambert out now.

Get Moyes in now.

I really like Lambert but losing to this dogshit QPR side is the final straw. Jeesus their manager has admitted he would have retired in the summer had QPR not gone up and would have had to go away to some stodgy lower league grounds rather than the corporate Old Trafford champagne reception etc, and doesn't seem to give a fart if he's there next season or not. That's the attitude we have just LOST against. There was arguably more apathy around their squad than ours going into this match and we still crumbled. I'm sick of Villa being the team that breaks bad runs of form for other teams and goal droughts for opposition strikers.

Edited by Honest bunch of lads
  • Like 1

I've been as pro-Lambert as anyone, and said during last season that he should get until Christmas this campaign; but this is hopeless - I've not ever felt worse than this as a Villa fan, save for maybe the last few games of the McLeish season.
No progression, you could see tonight we had clearly the better players on the pitch - but what exactly are we trying to do to win the game? What's our plan? Why not start with Grealish or Cole, seen as our tactics clearly haven't worked seen as we've gone 4 games without a goal?
I've not felt it under Lambert's tenure, even in our worst run of Lambert's first season I felt confident we could turn it round because you could see we could score goals and were trying to do the right thing.
I think we will go down this season, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us lose our next 3 games.
Might have to **** the whole thing off and go watch Boldmere St Michaels.

• Like 3

I'd agree if Lambert was actually half decent in the first place but he isn't

I can't think of many worse out there but there is currently a lot better available anyway

Of course there are better, but which of them would actually be willing to come here?

bobzy you must see though that something is very wrong with this team?

Tonight we started all right but we didn't really create any real chances from open play. Lambert continues to use Weimann and Agbonlahor as wingers when they constantly drift inside and we end up having three players occupying a small space. If we compare tonights game to his first game versus West Ham it's very similar - we don't create chances. That's a problem that's been here since day one.

• Like 1

Said at the time that new contract couldn't possibly have come at a worse time. He's not going anywhere, we'll have to ride this one out and hope for the best - he's here for the foreseeable future unless the fans over there mobilize in a major way

He should have been sacked after last season, and we are now in a horrific position because of the new contract. Lerner has screwed this up just like everything else with the club, and as always the fans will pay the price.

I am not really sure how much longer I can take this.

Just **** off please, we've scored 4 **** goals all season. Mcleish would be getting abuse all game from the fans if he were in charge, but Lambert doesn't for some **** reason.

You've seen this thread, right? :D

I mean from the fans at the games.

Â