Paul Lambert

limpid

I've backed Lambert but he keeps making it difficult and I think he just needs to go. The team looks dreadful and it's not because all the players are shit. Something more is going on.

Bring in Pulis or Moyes.

We know we have some tough games....but the alarming rate that this team loses confidence poses many questions for the manager.

Something is clearly not working.

It doesn't seem to matter who plays....it's just the same.

I know I'm in a minority but I still don't think Lambert should be sacked, although that's only because I don't think we could attract anybody half decent in our current situation. Steve Clarke is probably the best we could hope for.

Probably true. Be madness to sack him if nobody else is lined up as a replacement.

He's done a very poor job in very difficult circumstances. There is no point keeping him. Its too early in the season for the team to lose the fans and they will with Lambert still in charge.

Find it hard to blame him tonight.  Q.P.R. didn't look like scoring, but we made 2 mistakes and got punished.  The problem is that we don't look like scoring either.  Benteke looks rusty as anything and there was nothing between Sanchez/Westwood/Cleverley and the top striker to inspire much creativity.  We kept the ball well and worked it into good positions but our final delivery was awful and we look toothless.

Some fans just want the guy out no matter what - and I think that's what will get him the sack.  People will lambast (no pun intended) him for literally anything.  "We don't keep the ball enough and retain possession!" has been the most popular shout for ages and we've done that tonight.

Laughable

Ever heard the expression you can't polish a turd?

Give it up

The basic things that we needed to do from the back, we did tonight.  Sanchez looked (for the most part) controlled on the ball and retained play well.  The ball was played out from the back patiently, we worked it into decent crossing positions often - which, personally, I think is vital when you play Benteke - but our final ball was awful 95% of the time and we were utterly toothless.  We only conceeded due to errors.  It was a nailed on 0-0... that we lost.

Not scoring in 5 is pretty poor. Knowing it is the first time it has happened in our history suggest we close to having one of the worst teams in our history and it is getting worse each year.

Eventually we will be relegated with Lerner is running this club.

I think the record just applies to the Premiership.

But does it really matter? I mean, not scoring for 5 games is beyond dreadful on its own.

• Like 2

Wasn't impressed with starting line up, but we actually started well and were probably best team first half. However, being a goal down we just had no idea how to come back.

By 60 minutes it was obvious we needed to make a change, but Lambert is not proactive. He waited and waited and only made subs when the game was gone at 2-0. Even though Nzog was poor last week (as was the majority) he could've made an impact today.

So clueless in each final third. 4 more dour yrs of this as Lerner won't sack him.

I think he should go. There's absolutely no progression, he's had 3 years to stamp his ideas and philosophy on the team and we look no better than the day he took over. You could argue we look worse, at least we used to score goals. 

Giving him that 4 year deal was ridiculous. Yet another complete **** up by Lerner in a long list of **** ups. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Just **** off please, we've scored 4 **** goals all season. Mcleish would be getting abuse all game from the fans if he were in charge, but Lambert doesn't for some **** reason.

You've seen this thread, right? :D

Â