Paul Lambert

limpid

So doom and gloom. We're a football club, just like the majority. We have good seasons and bad, win the odd cup. That's the nature of the beast.

I wonder if those alive between 1920 and 1957 were this consistently miserable.

They wouldn't have been as miserable because all those managers back in that time didn't have as bad home or cup records as this idiot we've now got in charge!
Yes when Villa were relegated for the first time in their history I'm sure the fans weren't miserable at all because over eighty years later a manager was going to have a really bad home record.
Not a really bad home record...just the worst ever in our history. Most of the fans (not me) wanted Lambert and defend him to the hilt and cannot ever admit that he's not a very good manager and one of the most negative ever.
When people say its the worst ever in history, you mean losses right and not based on points gained. As McLeish gained less points at VP than any other manager so surely that's the worst. See with stats you can twist them anyway to make a point in an argument.
He's lost 10 matches at home in the League.....I think I'd rather draw than lose
Well he'd won 6 compared to McLeish's 4, and still gained more points than him with his draws. So I'd rather win.
He's no better than McLeish...We had not lost to Stoke or Fulham at home in decades and yet Lambert managed to do that last season....

He's also just given us the best start to a league in 16 yrs. Your point is silly.

It's not where you start it's where you finish! And his point is valid as for the past 2 seasons Lambert's points total has been very similar to McLeish. Being 3rd after 5 games means diddly in May.

Just because Lerner has given him an extended contract to add to his long list of idiotic decision making we don't all have to be gushing praise onto a manager who preformance has been below average so far. You can't polish a turd but my God some people certainly have tried to roll him in glitter!

When you said you can't polish a turd I thought you might be on to something but then you started to talk about Lambert. The fact is the turd has been the team not the manager and yes you certainly couldn't have polished them in the last few seasons.

That first question from Jack... where the **** was he going with it? 

Edit: Oh he said shocks, not shots... Lots of goals and lots of shots! OK Jack... Sounded like the Chris Morris interview with Stringfellow

Edited by yillan
  • Like 1

Jack hardly ever asks a question just statements and asks for the managers confirmation of his opinion.

I just cannot stand him and you may have just put your finger on a big reason why. That is so true. "You'll be feeling like X now that Y has happened, won't you?". That and he's a gigantic dickhead I spose.

Hmmm... anyone else find that interview with Lambert a little confusing?

"But he’s never once said to me ‘you can’t do x, y or z’. You put it to him and if he thinks it’s fine, he will do it.

He’s never once had any rejections.

“If he thinks it’s right and it’s right for the football club he will do it, if not, he will tell me so."

Isn't not doing it the same as a rejection? Or am I missing something? 

Edited by PieFacE

The amount of times Lambert must've been asked about money/transfer windows/Lerner's backing... I reckon he just gives the most vague answers possible (like that one).

Might as well have said "The way I see it, we go again and then the bar shuts and that's it, no-one gets a drink.  But we're not looking to get drunk, we're just thirsty and we go again like Mr. Lerner.  He doesn't reject anything".

Jack hardly ever asks a question just statements and asks for the managers confirmation of his opinion.

I just cannot fathom how the hell he still has the job, his voice is annoyingly cringey and his commentary is atrocious, hopefully part of Fox's long term commercial aims will be to have something that resembles an actual media department

Again it feels like we are massively dependant on Benteke and Vlaar to be seen as anything other than cannon fodder for the elite.

I expect us to lose to Arsenal and Chelsea but we were utterly brushed aside, we put up no kind of resistance and that hurts a little. All this guff about us not taking our chances is just deflecting the fact we are about as fearsome as a wheeley bin full of marshmallow going fwd.

The trouble is I know Zog hasn't looked brilliant, but now he's been dropped in favour of Cleverly we have no creativity in our midfield and only Gabby pretends to be a striker. Cleverly has looked good, but he needs to replace Richardson or Westwood. I would rather we played Grealish and went for it next week!

But I expect us to play the same team v Man City and get dick whipped for a third week in a row.

Edited by VillanousOne

I expect us to lose to Arsenal and Chelsea but we were utterly brushed aside, we put up no kind of resistance 

oh so depressingly true.....certain players can be like chalk and cheese from one week to the next.

I expect us to lose to Arsenal and Chelsea but we were utterly brushed aside, we put up no kind of resistance

oh so depressingly true.....certain players can be like chalk and cheese from one week to the next.

Very much this, I wish we would grow some balls against the so called sky 6 teams and just go out and have a damn right good go at them.

I would rather lose 6-3 and have a go than 3-0 and **** about.

• Like 1

I just cannot fathom how the hell he still has the job, his voice is annoyingly cringey and his commentary is atrocious, hopefully part of Fox's long term commercial aims will be to have something that resembles an actual media department

Because he is cheap? Working for a football club you are hardly going to go off message and tell the truth would you? 

Not going to read too much into today. It was Chelsea they are far and above better then every team apart from Man City. Having said that I still think it was too early to give him a new contract. We are in a rubbish position where he is the best we can get. To me he is a limited manager but needed right now.

There is growing evidence, although by no means conclusive of course, that lambo is either unwilling or unable to alter, in a positive or threatening way, our pace, rhythm,or tactics in response to differing circumstances.

As I say, too early to be conclusive, but it is a legitimate area to cause the beginnings of worry. Each game so far has had different mitigating factors but as mourinho said our lack of any real reaction was a surprise to him.

On balance though I would still say the mitigating factors are enough to allay any fears, and maybe he really does think we need to hold the fort and no more until benteke returns.

We will see.

Edited by terrytini

Â