Paul Lambert

limpid

I must admit when i watched the opening 10 minutes i thought oh god here we go again can't string two passes together look awful e.t.c but fair play he got everything right today

I just hope he can do it on a more consistent basis 

Just saw his post match interview on Sky. He looks broken. Not an ounce of joy in the win. Seemed a lot like he didn't care.

Edited by Sam3773

Just saw his post match interview on Sky. He looks broken. Not an ounce of joy in the win. Seemed a lot like he didn't care.

Maybe there is something to this takeover being almost complete rumour...

I like Lambert.

OK the area of media relations and interviews are uncomfortable for him but in terms of football he has his hands tied a little in relation to other clubs and their respective budgets.

I hope he stays and proves to be a success with Villa.

• Like 2

Did anyone get his pre match comments. I got "we were excellent" he named the defence and said they were excellent, after that I did not have a clue what he said...

Fair play got his tactics right and despite low possession stats, we deserved the victory. Guzan had little to do and second half neither team tested either go properly. End of first we created a bit. Awful from both sides for the goal but they all count.

Everyone worked hard and if that stays the same people will start to accept lambert again

Probably because no matter what he says or acts fans or media take it whichever way they want

No matter what he says? He should try mixing up the "We go again" line every time we lose then ;)
  • Like 1

Probably because no matter what he says or acts fans or media take it whichever way they want

No matter what he says? He should try mixing up the "We go again" line every time we lose then ;)
I think he should burst Into song one time "we go again the musical"
  • Like 1

I don't think he's got any excuse for not improving on last year. He's got plenty of excuses for not having a good season but it should be better than the abysmal year he had last year.

You are aware the Club is for sale and that the financial restrictions are tighter now than they have been, right?

That's not an excuse any more. Look at the players at his disposal. Doing worse than last year is unacceptable. This is his third season, regardless of financial restraints (which he's worked well under), the excuses have run out on the pitch

Just out of interest Pete, where do you think an acceptable finish would be this season?

I've seen a post or two saying that with the squad looking as it is, we should be finishing at least above 5 or 6 other clubs, but to do so would probably still see a season where losses outweigh the wins and draws.

It's been so tight in the 9th - 20th positions in terms of points lately that even saying 'comfortably out of the relegation scrap' means placing 7th or 8th, so just wondering what the expectation on Lambert is this term.

Not a fan of Lambert. At all. But I must applaud his tactics today.

4-5-1 made a huge difference to us containing Stoke - especially the back 4 sitting tight in defence to allow Wiemann and N'Zogbia to defend wide. With both Delph and Westwood sitting deep, we had effectively stifled the attack from Stoke. When attacking, however, both Hutton and Cissokho would overlap wide to spread the Stoke defense and provide space for Richardson.

He then substituted both Nzogbia and Wiemann, both of whom had covered a hell of a lot of ground to make this system work.

Full marks, Paul. Please continue to prove my opinion of you wrong. :thumb:

A comfortable finish 13th and above would do me this season.  I'd like to get to the spring without ever having looked like really being in relegation trouble, and not having gone out of the cups cheaply to shite lower league opoosition.

• Like 3

Â