Paul Lambert

limpid

He'll be gone. But I thank him for what he has ultimately achieved for the club. Kept us up whilst restoring a better financial position... No mean feat really in this cut-throat league.

New owners will hopefully have their own ideas for refreshing the management structure and just refreshing the club in general.

Helped get rid of some expensive deadwood and tried to instill a new found belief and principle in the players about playing for the club and not the money. I'd be happy with another season from him with real financial backing. Think he could sign some real talented players will not be here just to beef up the squad.

• Like 4

I don't think it was all of the squad, I didn't see Luna doing the lap either. I also didn't see Okore or Kozak, but my mate said they were there.

Have a feeling Okore didn`t do it because he was injured all season, but maybe he is fed up by being in the reserves all season. Really frustrating that he doesn`t play and we have to watch baker instead.

Have a feeling Okore didn`t do it because he was injured all season, but maybe he is fed up by being in the reserves all season. Really frustrating that he doesn`t play and we have to watch baker instead.

Okore tweeted that he's happy we've survived and he can't wait for next season in the Prem

Okore was on the lap of appreciation, I didn't see Luna, and I thought it strange Helenius wasn't there.

I don't blame PL for not coming round with the players, there were a few idiots screaming for his head when we were 3-1 up. There was no need for that.

• Like 3

Thank you Paul.

Thank you for what? Yet another season of battling relegation? :huh:

His best efforts this season, giving the job a go under less than ideal circumstances and keeping us in the premier league for his replacement to take us forward.

Hopefully

• Like 4

Thank you Paul.

For all those records you have broken.

Now do one and take your cretinous mates with you.

Okore was on the lap of appreciation, I didn't see Luna, and I thought it strange Helenius wasn't there.

I don't blame PL for not coming round with the players, there were a few idiots screaming for his head when we were 3-1 up. There was no need for that.

Uliver and BJ? ;)

PL not doing a lap at last home game is a disgrace.

look at the crap allardyce has had for the last few weeks yet he still had the backbone to do a lap and applaud the supporters.

its very significant, bye bye jellyfish lambert.

Is someone seriously thanking him for keeping us up?

Laughable.

Yes I am. Do you want a fight about it?  :P

I assumed it was a subtle way of you saying goodbye.

Ive thought he will go since about Christmas - with no money in that Window and admitting we needed senior players - a total change to what he had said up until that point.

Still think he will go after the next two games. He's kept us up by the skin of our teeth - but whats in it for him now ? - He isn't going to get decent funding, his star striker is out for almost half of the following season.

listening to him after the game talking about well the players handled the pressure he said 'that will help them in the rest of there careers'  - It felt like a goodbye.

His record isn't great despite the restrictions in place - By in my opinion he has held us together these past 2 seasons, when under a lesser manager we may have gone under. Ive gotta say I don't see a new dawn under any of the rumoured replacements, unless significant funds are found

Let's not get carried away...we will probably lose our final two and get battered at City aswell.

Given the run Sunderland are on they'll probably finish above us....Hull need to draw v Everton to finish above us....WBA would need two draws to finish above us.

That would mean 17th in the premier league. 17th. So all the people saying it wouldn't matter about points comparison but finishing position a few weeks ago would have to change tune again as this would be our worst ever premier league finish yet.

No Aston Villa manager should survive finish 17th in the league surely?

Â