Paul Lambert

limpid

To all those Lambertiles out there, who is wondering why the majority of fans wants Lamberk out.. here are the main reasons, at least in my opinion:

It's a real shame you ruined a potentially solid and well-reasoned argument with the childish bolded words.

I stopped reading after those childish words.

In desperate times, desperate words are required. It's a shame people can't see the humour in the word "Lambertiles". You people takes things too seriously

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

To all those Lambertiles out there, who is wondering why the majority of fans wants Lamberk out.. here are the main reasons, at least in my opinion:

It's a real shame you ruined a potentially solid and well-reasoned argument with the childish bolded words.

In desperate times, desperate words are required. It's a shame people can't see the humour in the word "Lambertiles". You people takes things too seriously

Might be the Lamberk comment that was deemed childish, which by the way it is.

Resorting to crap name calling isn't really necessary. Us people are capable of coming to our own conclusions on the manager's ability without it.

On that subject I think Lambert has IMO earned himself a reprieve for a couple of games. We will soon see whether Culverhouse and Karsa had a negative impact on the team/tactics, which I hope they did as this means that something can be salvaged from this wreck of a season. Lose our next 2 games though and Villa Park will be horrific for the Hull game.  

You people takes things too seriously

- Signing of Grant Holt??

- The way he got rid of all of the experienced players, I understand that we have to "renew" ourselves, but to get rid of everything immediately of routine to gamble on inexperienced "kids" is a fail of a project, idiotic, naive.

- Constant changes in formations coupled with no clear football philosophy or identity

- Clever tactical changes  during games, to turn the result around is totally absent

- Certain players plays week in week out, no matter how bad they play, Weimann a good example here.

- Negative football, long balls, too predictable tactics, the counter as our main threat, but we really don't have a general play besides the one dimentional counter that can break teams down, especially at home, so teams can just sit back and we will basically never score

- The poorest home record in all of Villa's history this year.

- And of course, the most obvious one. Our current standing and points in the league, to comparison to last year. There is no progression. And don't come with that "He's had no money to spend".. yes he has, but he has wasted the money on areas we didn't really need to strenghten, or at least positions that weren't the most important.

All in all, I can only see a negative future with Lambert at the helm, and all who disagree with my points here should simply look in the mirror and think about this horrific season, which can quickly end with relegation.

midget.gif

• Like 4

I'd also contest your statement that the majority of fans want Lambert out. Where is your evidence for this? This is certainly not my experience.

http://www.heroesandvillains.info/forumv3/index.php?topic=51442.4710

Graph at top of page. We should do a poll here as well.

I'd also contest your statement that the majority of fans want Lambert out. Where is your evidence for this? This is certainly not my experience.

The vast majority of Villa fans do not post on message boards so any poll can hardly be considered to represent the fan base.

That poll has 363 votes. If you had a poll on here and on TBAR and added them to the H&V poll you'd still be looking at less than a 1,000 people.

The vast majority of Villa fans do not post on message boards so any poll can hardly be considered to represent the fan base.

That poll has 363 votes. If you had a poll on here and on TBAR and added them to the H&V poll you'd still be looking at less than a 1,000 people.

Saved me the bother thanks. Its hardly a neutral question either is it?

Ah sorry. My mistake for thinking that one way of gaging opinion on a villa topic would be to quote a poll from Villa fans. In future I'll just quote something pro Lambert to appease you.

To appease me?  Where have I made any demands?

I don't think a poll that takes such a narrow slice of Villa support can be considered to represent the fan base. Am I not allowed to post that opinion then?

• Like 2

The poster asked for evidence to suggest that the majority wanted Lambert out. I gave him evidence to suggest as such or do you want me to quote the youtube video at the Palace game? Maybe that too wouldn't be suitable?

The poster asked for evidence to suggest that the majority wanted Lambert out. I gave him evidence to suggest as such or do you want me to quote the youtube video at the Palace game? Maybe that too wouldn't be suitable?

I'm fully aware of why you posted the link. If you think that can be considered 'evidence' of the feelings of all Villa fans then you're perfectly entitled that opinion. Nowhere have I said, or implied, that you aren't allowed that opinion or that you shouldn't express it.

However I'm entitled to disagree, which I do, and I stated, quite reasonably, why I disagreed.

• Like 1

I think that Paul Lambert has been irrevocably damaged by the events of the last couple of seasons. Leaving aside the discussion about whether he's culpable or just a victim of poor ownership decisions, the fact still remains that he's "damaged." Imo there is no way that Paul Lambert can or will be manager next season if the takeover rumours have substance. If we survive and Randy still owns Villa next season then "we go again" with a damaged owner and manager. It's not a recipe for remaining in the Premiership.

• Like 1

I'm fully aware of why you posted the link. If you think that can be considered 'evidence' of the feelings of all Villa fans then you're perfectly entitled that opinion. Nowhere have I said, or implied, that you aren't allowed that opinion or that you shouldn't express it.

However I'm entitled to disagree, which I do, and I stated, quite reasonably, why I disagreed.

The question was asked to provide evidence which I have done by using a poll on a fans forum and our away support at the Palace game. If you can't accept that as evidence then that's your problem as you have proven to be wrong.

To be fair for the sample size, villa fans, even 300 respondents is way more than a market research company would use and happily extrapolate the results.

It's not just sample size though, in my opinion (before anyone else takes umbrage),

If such a poll was taken at a game, for example, it'd be much more representative, and have a larger cross section of Villa support, than that which relies purely on the minute section of our support that post on message boards.

• Like 1

Â