Paul Lambert

limpid

Secret football source seems more likely than the idea that these two have been destroying training and bullying players for a long time.

It's easy for the secret footballer to write that sort of thing when no one has the first idea who he or any of his sources actually are. I reckon he's actually a guardian journalist who gets information from a few different people and writes as though he's one player. I think someone worked out that based on who he's claimed his teams, team mates, and international team mates are he can't actually exist or is talking shite.

Why on earth would Lambert put up with being Lerner's lackie and destroy his reputation in the process? If he just walked away it would be clear that Aston Villa are the common denominator here and not the succession of managers who can't make things work.

Personally I think Lambert is a dead man walking and is only still in his job for 2 reasons:-

1. Sid didn't want to step up to be manager for these four games. It's not something he has done previously and I don't think he wants the rubbish surrounding  being a manager even for the four games. I think he doesn't mind taking a coaching role and is happy to do this but any more and he's out of his comfort zone. Lambert has been kept as a figure head to deal with the press etc.
  2. I think that Lambert needs to try and make things right and Lerner also didn't want to completely change the regime this late in the season. Having someone there from the old management team still gives some continuity and Lambert was the obvious one as he had the least to do with the day to day stuff and can distance himself slightly from Tweedle dumb and Tweedle Dee. He owes it to the club to at least try his hardest to keep us up.

Ideally after we are safe the club and Lambert would come to an agreement for him to leave peacefully without a fuss and no one losses too much face.

However I do wonder about the fact that Lerner doesn't want to spend any cash and maybe he has Lambert over a barrel with the recent occurrences. Maybe Lerner will think if he changes then that will mean new signings and more money? I hope not! 

Our best bet is Lerner sells as I think this will guarantee a new manager and some investment! Fingers crossed the rumours are true!

• Like 1

Funny how the Secret Footballer (so secret it could be anyone - even a footballer or a fan that is good at playing FM or Fifa2Zillion) and his word is believed as gospel and truth because it falls in with their own opinion or facts as they know them.

I don't believe him 100% (There may be SOME truth) just as I don't believe the other stories 100% (they too could have some element of truth).

I will make up my own mind after Saturday - if performance is improved and we can see a tangible change and only then. 

Again this is just MY opinion and not stated as fact.

• Like 1

I will make up my own mind after Saturday - if performance is improved and we can see a tangible change and only then.

But will that show anything? We had good performances against Liverpool, Chelsea, Norwich and west brom in the past couple of months with 2 coaches destroying morale and bullying players

But will that show anything? We had good performances against Liverpool, Chelsea, Norwich and west brom in the past couple of months with 2 coaches destroying morale and bullying players

Yes partly - but then it should allow a bit of breathing space to go into the next game - if THAT game does not show a continuation then we can in all probability say that ridding us of those two was not the issue. 

I thought it was Dave Kitson.  :detect:

I reckon a journalist writes the articles from an amalgamation of footballers. There wouldn't be as much interest if it was marketed this way.

• Like 1

Personally I think Lambert is a dead man walking and is only still in his job for 2 reasons:-

1. Sid didn't want to step up to be manager for these four games. It's not something he has done previously and I don't think he wants the rubbish surrounding  being a manager even for the four games. I think he doesn't mind taking a coaching role and is happy to do this but any more and he's out of his comfort zone. Lambert has been kept as a figure head to deal with the press etc.
  2. I think that Lambert needs to try and make things right and Lerner also didn't want to completely change the regime this late in the season. Having someone there from the old management team still gives some continuity and Lambert was the obvious one as he had the least to do with the day to day stuff and can distance himself slightly from Tweedle dumb and Tweedle Dee. He owes it to the club to at least try his hardest to keep us up.

Ideally after we are safe the club and Lambert would come to an agreement for him to leave peacefully without a fuss and no one losses too much face.

However I do wonder about the fact that Lerner doesn't want to spend any cash and maybe he has Lambert over a barrel with the recent occurrences. Maybe Lerner will think if he changes then that will mean new signings and more money? I hope not! 

Our best bet is Lerner sells as I think this will guarantee a new manager and some investment! Fingers crossed the rumours are true!

Thats pretty much how I see it to.

I just don't think the club wanted to go the whole hogg and sack Lambert - and have rumour mill overdrive about the next manager whilst we are fighting a relegation battle pretty sure there will be a mutual parting of the waves in May. From Lamberts point of view the shortage of managers means this summer wouldn't be bad time to loose your job.

I just don't think the club wanted to go the whole hogg and sack Lambert

Poor Jonathan cannot be blamed

0,,10265~3590354,00.jpg

If lerner stays then i dont think it would shock anyone to see lambert stay too presumably under the remit of you have to do far better. Just dont see lerner wanting another manager and staff to pay off and then another set to get in.

If lerner stays then i dont think it would shock anyone to see lambert stay too presumably under the remit of you have to do far better. Just dont see lerner wanting another manager and staff to pay off and then another set to get in.

Would Lambert want to say though ?

Negiotiate a pay off - and start a fresh at a new club next season - wouldn't that appeal ?

Negiotiate a pay off - and start a fresh at a new club next season - wouldn't that appeal ?

It would but what sort of club would be willing to take lambert on after his two here? Certainly not a premier league club i wouldn't have thought.

Practically every body on VT lives in a blame culture.

There's always someone at fault.

Crystal Palace have just turned Everton over in their own back yard.

Will the natives at Goodison be getting restless & nailing Martinez's balls to the Glady's Street End goal posts now?

Palace have momentum, they had it by winning 2 games before they beat us. Now they have kicked ass at Everton.

Please stop looking to blame Lambert every time we have a set back.

We go again?

Okay then, if we don't go again, what the ****  do we do then, lie down & die?

Lambert is right, we do go again, what other choice is there?

So all of you scape goat hunters here on VT, bow your head's with shame in criticising him for this, stop blaming Lambert, stop blaming Randy, stop blaming Faulkner & stop living in a blame culture.

Stop, stop, stop.

Instead, do what fans are supposed to do & get behind the Manager, the team & the whole beautiful club.

Stop moaning. Stop griping, stop being misery arses & support , support , support.

If you need any help regularly practice the following song  for Saturday:

Paul Lambert's Claret & Blue Army.

ps- No nailing anyone's balls to any goal posts unless their name is Lee Clarke :P

Ridiculous. How would Everton fans wanting Martinez out after one defeat be comparable, in any way, shape or form, to villa fans calling for Lambert's head?

Your writing as if the Lambert out talk is completely reactionary and knee-jerk, it was going on for long before the Palace game and is completely warranted, imo, as we have completely failed to progress from last season and the football we play seems to have regress.

& the `Lambert In` talk was going on long before the fans heralded his in coming by chanting for him at Norwich at the last game of the McLeish era & that was completely warranted.

If the majority of the fans now want Lambo out then why don't they just admit that they got it wrong.

Not me though. I still love the guy & just want to leave him be & let him get on with his master plan.

Lambert In, in, in, in. :thumb:

Tomask NB* I have seen every Villa home game since 1968.

Good job I wasn't bowing my head in shame for criticising Lambert as I would have missed this post.

I wanted Lambert in, I though nothing could get worse than Mcleish and I thought it was a pretty good coup at the time. Even last season through some of the dismal results, I thought we turned into a decent side towards the end and showed improvement. I, along with many this season, thought we would push towards a comfortable mid-table position.

How wrong I was and I apologise to all for this.

The arguments for pro and against Lambert have been put forward countless times although I've yet to see any examples of the good Lambert has done but excuses/reasons to why he has done poorly. Maybe you could state why you love him to help me with this? I won't even argue and state the reasons why I'm close to hating him.  

Your point about the fans wanting him in so they can't want him out is what does get to me. Fans are as fickle as anything yet Lambert has actually been given an incredible amount of patience by them. I'm assuming (I wasn't on the forum at this time) most fans wanted Lerner in too so those now calling for his head (including Pro Lambert fans on here) would be wrong too. And if your wrong you can't change your mind of course even if those people don't deliver (I'd even argue Lerner has delivered far more that Lambert). 

Guess this club is stuck for the two of them for eternity. Be careful what you wish for. 

But I could be wrong. *Bows head in shame*

It would but what sort of club would be willing to take lambert on after his two here? Certainly not a premier league club i wouldn't have thought.

He'd still be a reasonably attractive prospect in the Championship I reckon with his promotion track record

Well if you consider spurs are linked with Uve Rosler - I think Lambert at worse would secure a reasonable size championship club.

I actually think Lambert has some genuine affection for the club and wants to make it work here. Obviously if he isn't backed at all that's going to make his job considerably more difficult and he might reconsider but if he is given an opportunity to improve the squad properly then of course he would want to stay. I don't agree that his next job would be in the Championship but it certainly wouldn't be as big a job as Villa.

• Like 1

Â