Paul Lambert

limpid

Unless Lerner changes, we'll still be in the same boat. A lack of investment when rebuilding an entire squad really shows, especially with injuries.

At least that beats blaming it on the ref every week.

**** off. When I have done that? Every week as you so claim?

By the way, I'm not making excuses for Lambert. Today was woeful and making two changes to claw back a point rather than two changes to win a game sums up Aston Villa for the last 4 years, let alone Lambert's tenure. I just don't know when things will get better.

Good luck defending that for the handful that still back him.

There will always be one or two that will still defend him because not to would be admitting they were wrong and they haven't got the guts to admit that!
There will always be one or two that are happy with us losing because they pathetically cling onto proving somebody on the internet wrong.

Hahahaha

Good one.

• Like 1

Well going by what you are saying it sounds as though you haven't quite realised what situation we are actually in here. Maybe you're happy with us being in the championship. I don't know. In my opinion we as fans 'might as well' start protesting for change.

Yes, I'd absolutely love to see us go down. I just love watching us lose every week and playing shit.

Read my damn posts. I have not tried to defend Lambert after this and I certainly haven't said or implied anywhere that I'm anything but pissed off with what's happening. All I'm saying is that I don't think more negativity at VP is what we need at the moment - all I'm asking is that the fans get behind the team.

This is the problem with the black and white thinking that has infested this place - if you're not screaming and shouting about everything then that must mean you're happy. What a load of rubbish.

Unless Lerner changes, we'll still be in the same boat. A lack of investment when rebuilding an entire squad really shows, especially with injuries.

Lack of investment didn't pick that starting XI and formation today though

• Like 1

He had nearly a full strength squad to pick from today so can't really use injuries as an excuse, unless we are a one man team. He failed to change anything even though Palace were totally dominant and brought on Andi and Marc with only 8 minutes to go. I'm afraid I've lost faith in him.

Not defending him - but the squad is ravaged with Injuries ? 

The only real injury today was not having Benteke. I guess it shows how crap we are without him.

Kozak, Okore - one in defence one up front. Said in August we should have brought another CB - could have got scott dann - Baker is a spent force......

Lambert and his cronies are stealing a living here.

If Lerner knew anything about football and wasn't holed up halfway across the globe he'd have done something about it long ago.

He had nearly a full strength squad to pick from today so can't really use injuries as an excuse, unless we are a one man team. He failed to change anything even though Palace were totally dominant and brought on Andi and Marc with only 8 minutes to go. I'm afraid I've lost faith in him.

The only real injury today was not having Benteke. I guess it shows how crap we are without him.

Kozak, Okore - one in defence one up front. Said in August we should have brought another CB - could have got scott dann - Baker is a spent force......

Hardly ravaged by injuries though, I'd say injuries played their part in our last match but today we should have been going for it.

We didn't have Kozak and Okore when we beat Norwich and Chelsea. It's hardly an excuse.

It wasnt acceptable under mcleish and it isnt acceptable now.

We only perform when the pressure is off and we have space in behind to counter into. Lambert cant change a game off the bench, He cant set a team up to break teams down,  He only reacts after goals get conceded. Its pitiful,

Aimless hoofball for 90 minutes, zero attacking threat, Zero creativity, Zero Movement. We are the worst team in the league in possession of the ball and this is down to coaching. Not good enough.

• Like 1

Just to dissuade the people calling for his head now I don't believe it will happen before the end of the season because:

- Lerner has shown himself to be so frugal these days that he wont be willing to pay out again for sacking a manager.

- They didn't sack him last year when we were in a fairly similiar position, although then we were trending up, not down the league.

- The board may look to other examples around the league (such as Norwich) and see how sacking a manager may have no positive impact on short term (5 games) results.

Personally, I think a change is warranted in the summer. Lambert will argue lack of funds and recent injury crisis but there's another side of his job, that of coaching and improving players, that he can offer no evidence in his defence. Outside of Delph I can't think of a single player who has improved, to a large degree, their playing ability compared to the prior season.

I think, at the very least, you want to see some kind of progress and that just hasn't been shown often enough this season outside of very sporadic 20 minute spells.

The best thing that can happen to this club is for a new owner to come in in the summer, sweeping in with all the changes that come with it. Until then we just have to hope the players as much as the manager and coaching staff get their act together over this final month.

• Like 1

No need for all this point scoring, emotions are obviously running high after another abysmal performance. We are all on the same side at the end of the day.

Sometimes it doesn't feel like that.

Haha

What's so funny?

Lack of investment didn't pick that starting XI and formation today though

Do you really believe that?

Well going by what you are saying it sounds as though you haven't quite realised what situation we are actually in here. Maybe you're happy with us being in the championship. I don't know. In my opinion we as fans 'might as well' start protesting for change.

Yes, I'd absolutely love to see us go down. I just love watching us lose every week and playing shit.

Read my damn posts. I have not tried to defend Lambert after this and I certainly haven't said or implied anywhere that I'm anything but pissed off with what's happening. All I'm saying is that I don't think more negativity at VP is what we need at the moment - all I'm asking is that the fans get behind the team.

This is the problem with the black and white thinking that has infested this place - if you're not screaming and shouting about everything then that must mean you're happy. What a load of rubbish.

Change is needed Mantis, and you know it.

Too much crap has happened this season, Lambert is awful, and quite frankly 80% of the first team squad are also awful. We are just hoping now for a couple of lucky draws, maybe even a fluky win because the law of averages suggests we will pick up some points somewhere. Although to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised of we continue this losing streak...

Getting rid of Lambert will only be papering over the cracks, wholesale changes are needed if we ever want to be competitive again!

In the long term, yes.

But you can't possibly tell me right now that keeping that mumbling idiot in charge is the answer. Even Kevin McDonald would get more out of these players.

Sid Cowans in now I say, let him have his opportunity, he has earned it!

Â