Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

If Vardy keeps his form up till the end of the season then yes he should go and play. 

England will never learn though, they need to play players who are in form and not the 'names'. This will self fulfill itself because the big names will learn that that they do not need to just turn up to get a game.

Edited by Genie

Yes.

Will be interesting to see who the 4/5 strikers are in the squad...I'd go Rooney, Kane, Sturridge, Vardy and Walcott can fill in upfront or out wide. Obviously if Sturridge gets his 48th injury of the season then Welbeck will come in if he's alright as he's played well under Woy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Has to be France for me. Home advantage worked for them last time and they have an easy group so can build momentum. Germany will be strong contenders of course and interesting to see how Spain react given the last world cup and they've lost some key players.

Love watching the euros, said before I prefer it to the world cup but the 24 teams does dilute the quality a bit. 

Its a very open tournament for me as no real outstanding nation in it, I expect big teams to be in business end of it but maybe a 1st time winner. With an easy enough group maybe Portugal could finally leave a mark on a tournament, countries like Austria, Poland maybe Croatia and even Turkey would all probably fancy their chances of doing well and aim for a semi-final

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Will they change kick off times for some of these? I remember World Cup England-Italy was going to kick off at 2am but they brought it back to 11pm.

England-Wales at 2pm on a Thursday...there's going to be about 5 people working on that day lol. Wouldn't shock me if it swops with one of the low key evening games. 

That is ridiculous 2pm time for a game of that magnitude 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

That is ridiculous 2pm time for a game of that magnitude 

game of that magnitude :lol: Its England vs Wales hardly England vs Germany and its not a big game outside of Wales

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Zatman said:

game of that magnitude :lol: Its England vs Wales hardly England vs Germany and its not a big game outside of Wales

You laugh but that is big for these shores, remember england vs scotland at euro 96?? england is a power nation in europe

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

As expect British TV wants it moved to 5pm or ideally 8pm, I expect it to happen.

Not a chance. There's a 3pm, 6pm and a 9pm kick off that day. England have the 3pm slot. Theres no way it will be moved. It's a totally irrelevant match to anyone who isn't Welsh and the other games that day aren't going to move to make way for a game between the insignificant minnows of Wales and the perennial under achieving England.

Nobody gives a **** about England outside of England. We just aren't that important that we can switch our games around.

10 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Not a chance. There's a 3pm, 6pm and a 9pm kick off that day. England have the 3pm slot. Theres no way it will be moved. It's a totally irrelevant match to anyone who isn't Welsh and the other games that day aren't going to move to make way for a game between the insignificant minnows of Wales and the perennial under achieving England.

Nobody gives a **** about England outside of England. We just aren't that important that we can switch our games around.

I have no idea whether games ever get moved or not, but the idea that 'nobody gives a **** about England outside of England' is very mistaken. Not because of fondness, but because of ratings. England is a huge market for advertisers, and a prime-time England game will be watched by an audience of 10-15m people, which is bigger than almost every other country. Advertisers give a very large **** about England. 

Im sure England vs France was a 5pm kick off in last Euros and that is a bigger game than England vs Wales and that wasnt moved. I remember waking up at 7am for a Brazil vs England game in 2002 which wasnt moved and that was tie of the round

13 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Do you really believe that?? For such a small nation England has a lot of influence. Look whats going on with FIFA, England had a major part in their downfall

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Do you really believe that?? For such a small nation England has a lot of influence. Look whats going on with FIFA, England had a major part in their downfall

Dem, it was the media and the FBI who were the catalyst for the FIFA investigations and subsequent implosion (as well as the crims in FIFA, obviously). Not so long ago the FA was playing matches in Trinidad for Jack Warner, and Cameron, Prince William, Beckham and the like were shaking hands with all these scumbags. People in football in the UK slagged off the BBC for a panorama programme showing up FIFA as rotten. The FA also recently endorsed Platini to be next leader of FIFA. England has little influence. No one does - the clowns at FIFA were their own masters and decided what would be best for them. Money bought what people wanted, nothing else.

• Like 1

Â