Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

Can you be drawn in the same group as any of the sides that you qualified with?  In other words, can we get Germany and Poland, or do we avoid them?  Not that I particularly care.  Just curious of what conditions are on the draw.

No conditions as far as I know, Just a straight draw, with France as hosts already assigned the top seed in Group A. So theoretically you could be in a group of Germany, Italy and Poland I suppose. With the new expanded tournament and all the new teams and groups though, 4 teams that finish 3rd in their groups will progress to the round of 16.

The four best third-placed teams are determined according to the following

criteria applied, in the order given, to the final tournament group matches:

a. higher number of points obtained;

b. superior goal difference;

c. higher number of goals scored;

d. fair play conduct in the final tournament as defined in Annex C.5.1;

e. position in the UEFA national team coefficient rankings (see Annex B.1.2.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/03/92/81/2039281_DOWNLOAD.pdf

• Like 1

Tonight sorts out where Ukraine(2)/Slovenia(4), Czech Rep(2/3), Sweden(3)/Denmark(3) and Turkey (3/4).

after Ireland qualified it means Hungary are definitely in pot 3. It also means the remaining slot in pot 2 will probably be the Ukraine, unless Slovenia overturn the 2 goal defecit from the first leg, in which case the Czech Republic would take that place. Sweden and Denmark are left playing off for a place in pot 3. And Turkey will be in pot 4 unless Slovenia win. 

Such a farce that 16 of the 24 teams in the groups will qualify for the next round. It should be top place with the two best second places into the quarter finals. Win your first game in the group and you are through.

Such a farce that 16 of the 24 teams in the groups will qualify for the next round. It should be top place with the two best second places into the quarter finals. Win your first game in the group and you are through.

I completely wrote it off at the start but tbf it definitely improved the qualifiers, reserving judgement until the tournament starts but agree on paper it doesn't sound good

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I completely wrote it off at the start but tbf it definitely improved the qualifiers, reserving judgement until the tournament starts but agree on paper it doesn't sound good

Eight additional football matches in the middle of next summer.

I reckon I'll find a way to struggle through it. 

• Like 2

1. France, Spain, Germany, England, Portugal, Belgium
  2. Italy, Russia, Switzerland, Austria, Croatia, Ukraine
  3. Czech Rep, Sweden, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Hungary
  4. Turkey, Rep of Ireland, Iceland, Wales, Albania, N. Ireland

Draw takes place Sat 12th Dec 18:00 CET/17:00 GMT

Any group with Wales in will automatically be a group of death imo. I'd also say to avoid Turkey as they must be the most random team at the tournament....don't qualify for that many tournaments yet still made the semis of the WC and Euros in the last 15 years. All the others will just park the bus.

How on earth did Hungary sneak into pot 3? Norn Iron finished comfortably above them in qualifying yet in pot 4? Hungary are imo the weakest team there so everyone will want them although top 3 on the whole looks pretty comfortable.

Only 8 teams will be knocked out at group stages, even Woy can't mess that one up.

I've got a ticket to B1 vs B4 so hoping for England vs Ireland :)

Got 3 from pot 4 so every danger I'll see at least one home nation, one from pot one who I'm not fussed who it is and then one pot 2 vs pot 3 which I'm hoping for Italy vs Sweden for some reason

Â