Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

1 hour ago, krisagg75 said:

no way.i made sure for the first two weeks of the tournament i finish no later then 4 so i don't miss an england game as they'd be the last match that day.

What made you think that England would be the last match each day? 

56 minutes ago, Zatman said:

England vs Wales is not really that big of a game in Europe to get a change. the late kick off that day is Germany vs Poland a proper football rivalry

Certainly more of a draw than England vs Slovakia!

On 25/05/2016 at 12:14, villa4europe said:

nope

will mean that fans will now spread across to smaller towns and villages where they can drink rather than going in to lens, if anything its going to make it near uncontrollable 

and if they are going to ban booze why have they picked us? why are we considered to be worse fans than anyone else? what evidence do they have from across european football last season to back that up? belgian fans caused more trouble in europe than we did last year

History.

id guess most would happily point at marseille and say we've got form and despite some attempts several years after the event by some of our journos to actually understand what happened in marseille the french would rather point fingers at us and try and keep the belief that it was all just drunken football fans

Just now, villa4europe said:

id guess most would happily point at marseille and say we've got form and despite some attempts several years after the event by some of our journos to actually understand what happened in marseille the french would rather point fingers at us and try and keep the belief that it was all just drunken football fans

Liverpool fans in Basel, then you see what happened last few weeks with Millwall fans. Hull fans and the Scottish final. thats just last fortnight for example

8 hours ago, One For The Road said:

What made you think that England would be the last match each day? 

money.the bigger market countries tend to play their matches at the optimum commercial revenue times for tv.

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

England vs Wales is not really that big of a game in Europe to get a change. the late kick off that day is Germany vs Poland a proper football rivalry

Historically maybe, but  Germany v Poland doesn't excite me much.

26 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Historically maybe, but  Germany v Poland doesn't excite me much.

It's almost as if there are market considerations other than "what PaulC is interested in watching".

• Like 4

1 hour ago, krisagg75 said:

money.the bigger market countries tend to play their matches at the optimum commercial revenue times for tv.

The schedule is decided way before the draw is made. The draw just fills up the slots that have been pre-determined. The bigger countries, as you call them, do not "tend" to do anything other than play the games at the times that have been decided months before the draw.

42 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

The schedule is decided way before the draw is made. The draw just fills up the slots that have been pre-determined. The bigger countries, as you call them, do not "tend" to do anything other than play the games at the times that have been decided months before the draw.

England Italy was due to be played at I believe 1am last world cup but got bumped forward to 11pm.

I'm also pretty sure England on occasions have had stadiums swooped with other teams due to security issues so there is precedent. 

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

England Italy was due to be played at I believe 1am last world cup but got bumped forward to 11pm.

I'm also pretty sure England on occasions have had stadiums swooped with other teams due to security issues so there is precedent. 

I was at that game in Manaus. It was moved for a variety of reasons but it's very rare for it to happen. As far as I know, not one game at Euro 2016 has been moved. It's simply not the case that bigger teams tend to play the late game, which was the post I was quoting. 

benzema - 28 goals in 36 games for real madrid

lacazette - 23 goals in 43 games for lyon

gamiero - 29 goals in 52 games for sevilla

none of them called up...

gignac to be fair to him has been scoring goals for fun too but its for tigres

also missing from the france squad - sakho (drug ban) varane, kondogbia, valbuena, 

Â