Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

thing is the italians seem to know how to line up and how to play to protect that midfield, they dont go in to tournaments thinking they can henderson and a 34 gerrard as a midfield 2 because they'd looked good all season as part as a midfield 3...

its about the best possible midfield unit rather than the best 3 midfield players, id bank on them finding it long before roy does

47 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

thing is the italians seem to know how to line up and how to play to protect that midfield, they dont go in to tournaments thinking they can henderson and a 34 gerrard as a midfield 2 because they'd looked good all season as part as a midfield 3...

its about the best possible midfield unit rather than the best 3 midfield players, id bank on them finding it long before roy does

Worked well for them in the World cup didn't it.....

I think some like England (and indeed most British sides as Italy have good records against all of them) play Italy on their history and tradition rather than what they've actually go on the pitch. I personally don't see what Ireland have to worry about, Belgium will be a much harder opponent to contain.

Italy are strongest at the back with the Juve unit...but again Bayern Munich just ran at pace against them and scored 6 goals over the two legs.

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

or potential sensible decision? ;) 

nope

will mean that fans will now spread across to smaller towns and villages where they can drink rather than going in to lens, if anything its going to make it near uncontrollable 

and if they are going to ban booze why have they picked us? why are we considered to be worse fans than anyone else? what evidence do they have from across european football last season to back that up? belgian fans caused more trouble in europe than we did last year

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

nope

will mean that fans will now spread across to smaller towns and villages where they can drink rather than going in to lens, if anything its going to make it near uncontrollable

and if they are going to ban booze why have they picked us? why are we considered to be worse fans than anyone else? what evidence do they have from across european football last season to back that up?

We can probably thank the Liverpool supporters at the Europa League final for this...

England-Wales will kick off majorly I'm afraid, it's not like 6 nations.

Already I've seen reports that fans will be sitting next to each other in the stadium due to ticket f*** ups in the allocations.

That and hosting it in Northern France isn't the cleverest as will encourage many fans to travel over without tickets given it's only an hour and a bit from London.

Thinking banning Alcohol is a sensible decision. 

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

I hoped that the home nations fans would all stick together and be like a combined set of GB fans, seems like its going to go the other way though.

that was never ever going to happen though

they arent segregating fans in the stadiums, due to the way they've done the draw its near impossible, ive got tickets from the 1st draw (before the teams were allocated) for england v slovakia for example, im not sat in the england "end"

id imagine there'd be over 100k fans descending on lens for the wales game,

ive got 2 issues with it, like ive already said its that theyve picked us, poland vs germany will also probably kick off, the second is that IMO "no booze" is a lazy and ineffectual way of trying to police games, people will still get drunk, in my experience you end up on mixers in coke bottles and actually get drunker, people will go where there is beer which will lead them to places where there isnt as much police

was tempted to take my england AVFC flag to the northern ireland game, not sure if its a good idea, expecting the typical home nation thing, im happily going to cheer them on but expecting them to be anti england

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Did people actually expect him to feature?!

I thought he would have made the squad at least though he has been quite poor in MLS, im sure Conte actually asked him out of international retirement after World Cuo

Just now, Zatman said:

I thought he would have made the squad at least though he has been quite poor in MLS, im sure Conte actually asked him out of international retirement after World Cuo

By all accounts he's been pretty much a joke in the MLS.

he was never EVER going to make this squad.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

that was never ever going to happen though

I think it is an opportunity missed by the various home nation FA's. Some work could have been done to unite the fans, rather than watch them fight each other at every opportunity...

52 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

still cannot believe they have agreed a 2pm kickoff for wales vs england. a-holes

no way.i made sure for the first two weeks of the tournament i finish no later then 4 so i don't miss an england game as they'd be the last match that day.

Edited by krisagg75

Â