Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

i got - 

romania vs albania

england v slovakia

ukraine vs NI

CR v croatia

happy with that, obviously got the england game but there are 4 of us going and we've only got 2 tickets for each game, hoping those games arent that much of a blockbuster that we'll struggle

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

How did you get tickets for that mate? 

me?

i did the random draw application, was in the pub with a load of my mates watching the CL final i think and i threw it out there that id registered, was taking the missus, if they wanted to register, take their missus, we'd rent an apartment and go, 2 games in lyon, 2 games in st etienne, wasnt fussed over england just wanted to soak it all up, anyway i didnt win any tickets in the raffle but the lad i sold the idea to won all 4 games :D

flights were £115, hotel i think was about £300 for the week, tickets were £55 each or something like that

theres a team specific ticket sale next week so i'll have a look at that 

The tournament layout is awful. 

Group A winners plays a 3rd place team, then the winner of 2 runners up!? Some group winners play 3rd place teams, others runners up. England would probably be better off finshing 2nd rather than 1st. 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

me?

i did the random draw application, was in the pub with a load of my mates watching the CL final i think and i threw it out there that id registered, was taking the missus, if they wanted to register, take their missus, we'd rent an apartment and go, 2 games in lyon, 2 games in st etienne, wasnt fussed over england just wanted to soak it all up, anyway i didnt win any tickets in the raffle but the lad i sold the idea to won all 4 games :D

flights were £115, hotel i think was about £300 for the week, tickets were £55 each or something like that

theres a team specific ticket sale next week so i'll have a look at that 

Ah I wish I had have knew about this at the time! Where do you buy the tickets from? I looked at getting England tickets but you need to be apart of their travel group which costs £70 just for a membership!

What youre doing sounds awesome!

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

Three defeats. Thank you bye.

They are 3 teams with names, Sweden with Zlatan were awful in qualifying even against Denmark were poor, Belgium cant gel and Italy are just a name like Manchester United

Its a tough draw but Ireland got 4 points off Germany in qualifying who would beat all 3 of them teams

4 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

If England win the group... Ro16 v Switzerland, QF v Portugal/Belgium

If England finish 2nd... Ro16 v  Austria, QF v France/Ukraine

Could argue we'd be better off not winning the group. What an awful format.

If England win the group they play a 3rd placed team

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They are 3 teams with names, Sweden with Zlatan were awful in qualifying even against Denmark were poor, Belgium cant gel and Italy are just a name like Manchester United

Its a tough draw but Ireland got 4 points off Germany in qualifying who would beat all 3 of them teams

Sweden looks a nailed on 1-1 draw to me, both teams are uninspiring to watch apart from Zlatan.

Key game will be Italy, I look at that Italy squad and think that's the worst I've ever seen, much poorer than what they had in 2012. There's no inbetween with Italy in major tournaments, they either make the final or bomb out in the group stages.

France are taking the mickey with their group so they can build momentum but there's some fantastic match ups in the other groups. Also how much more exciting is it to have other home nations in it apart from England? Makes the other groups more interesting.

Shame the qualifying format is awful, they'd be some classic games if just two teams went through.  

10 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Ah I wish I had have knew about this at the time! Where do you buy the tickets from? I looked at getting England tickets but you need to be apart of their travel group which costs £70 just for a membership!

What youre doing sounds awesome!

through UEFA, should be on their website

Â