Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

2 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

I know and next one will be even worse. Played all over Europe. 

This tournament has made that seem like a good idea. Each nation's police forces will hopefully be able to contain the scum, with them spread across multiple countries.

This tournament has been a disgrace when it comes to fan behaviour, distributing the policing across a number of countries might help.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Greece were far worse. 

At least they had a certain charm about them, and they actually won a couple of games of football along the way unlike this utterly disagreeable bunch ;)

• Like 3

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Has to be said, this is the worst international tournament that I've ever seen. Really no 'great' matches to speak of and the quality was poor throughout.

even looking at the quality of the best goals at half time, there were only 3/4 of them that were properly memorable goals

The Ronaldo hate is strong. His country, for who he is captain, have just won a major championship. I don't see the issue in him showing passion and being happy, everything he does is under a microscope.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Go back to the 16 teams-format.

And keep it for the big boys? Sod that. The likes of Iceland, N ireland and Hungary were the ony thing i enjoyed about the tournament. 

Edited by av1

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

I do love the bitterness. God forbid a player scores important goals to lead his team to a final, get injured and has the audacity to celebrate.

It just makes it better than he is the captain and he will lift the trophy :D

i cant stand the bloke but i dont mind him celebrating, should be a better moment than all the stuff hes done at club level, should be the highlight of an amazing career

taking his top off though? not having that, threw his training top to a photographer too

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

I do love the bitterness. God forbid a player scores important goals to lead his team to a final, get injured and has the audacity to celebrate.

It just makes it better than he is the captain and he will lift the trophy :D

It's sort of like you and Messi isn't it?

• Like 1

Most teams did not play that well. Iceland and Wales were good stories, there was the drama of Putin's guerrilla street force and a few nice goals, but yeah, not the best tournament.

1 minute ago, penguin said:

The Ronaldo hate is strong. His country, for who he is captain, have just won a major championship. I don't see the issue in him showing passion and being happy, everything he does is under a microscope.

It's more to do with the fact that for nearly 15 years he has been and continues to be an immensely unlikeable word removed. Not hard to understand surely? 

31 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Is Griezman the ultimate bottler of finals? He has been shite so far.

I wouldn't blame him. He missed one good chance but it was pretty close. As much as Sissoko played well with his runs, I think he should have taken him off instead of Payet. and got Pogba higher up the pitch. Pogba didn't really effect the match because he was too deep. 

Just now, S-Platt said:

Why do the refs get medals what did they win?

I think it's judged by performance on who gets what games. So I'm assuming it's like a "Well done for being the best and getting to ref the final" type thing.

Â