Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

It's more to do with the fact that for nearly 15 years he has been and continues to be an immensely unlikeable word removed. Not hard to understand surely? 

Well that's an opinion that I don't share. But even so I don't so why that means everything he does has to have a negative spin.

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

well done to ronaldo for not letting the uefa official lift the cup for him

i **** hate that

Ha, me too! :)

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

well done to ronaldo for not letting the uefa official lift the cup for him

i **** hate that

Not well done to the bell end behind Ronaldo who held on to the trophy stopping him from lifting it fully. That and Nani who appeared to have popped his shorts off.

Just about summed up the tournament that ceremony. 

dont get me wrong i think he has some redeemable features, a strange thing for me when looking at footballers is as simple as seeing how they react to the mascot that they walk out with, watch ronaldo, he's brilliant with them

but he's still a dick

as a player, wonderful talent, i think he's a statos wet dream who ive said plenty of times i personally just get very little joy out of watching

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Sir Alex Ferguson said that Ronaldo was the hardest working footballer he ever managed. You can see how it has paid dividends as he's still fitter than players ten years younger than him. 

He also does a lot of charity and was named the most charitable athlete in the World last year, giving millions to charity. Previously, he gave £5m to the Nepal fund and in recent weeks donated his Champions League win bonus of €600k to charity. 

I'm a huge fan of him and make no secret of it. One of the all time greats. I'm delighted for him

Agreed. Seems that those that know him consider him a top professional and an even better person.

Absolutely delighted for him. 

• Like 2

envy of what?

the money? the talent? the women? the lifestyle?

id be happy playing any level of professional football, they're pretty much all millionaires now you dont need that talent to given the world, im envious of pretty much all of them, no more enviable of him than i am gabby

• Like 1

It wasn't Germany. They haven't won it before. Their last team of promise, the Figo/Rui Costa mob, was a while ago and delivered nowt.

They snatch it with a great goal after their talisman hobbles off in the first half.

Well done them.

Dull final really to complete a dull tournament. Well done Portugal weren't pretty but so tight at the back.

France best team over the 90, but extra time Portugal looked so much fitter and were the only team trying to win. Good goal as well. Deschamps bottled it not bringing on Martial earlier.

Why the hell did Ronaldo have to be topless though?

Edited by mikeyp102

terrible game but brilliant result. Patricio man of the match, Pogba flop of the match. France really bottled this game just like Portugal in 2004 and the normally reliable Lloris had a bit of a mare in goal. Sad Ronaldo had to go off but I think that cost France more than Portugal

as for Sissoko what a scumbag, if he at Newcastle next season he wont put in a performance half as good as that. Sickening

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Look at Ronaldo. Look how much he cares. England have nothing like that. Beckham was the last player who showed that level of passion

when he came on the sideline near extra time I was thinking no England player would do that. Beckham was probably last in 2010

• Like 1

Haven't been following this thread and couldn't be bothered to watch the final as Portugal have been so abysmal to watch. I'm irritated to find out they won, they're the worst team to win it since . . . well, since Greece. 

37 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Weird how they did look pretty shit in the groups at the back - did they even concede in the KO stages?

Poland got 1 on them but their defence has been rock solid. Jose Fonte is one of most underrated defenders in Premier League(in a time when defending is non-existent) along with Pepe who is also underrated for his antics but is actually a world class defender if you ignore the antics. Liked full backs as well solid while unspectacular

If they had a striker instead of Helder Postiga they would have probably won a lot more trophies in last 10 years

Norwegian journo pompously stating Portugal's win is somehow an 'eternal symbol of justice' because Him having to go off injured was such a monumental tragedy. 

How can these people be so utterly full of shite all the time? 

Edited by Michelsen

Â