Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

The one that came from Clattenberg giving the free kick the wrong way, giving Koscielny (white) a yellow when the ball hit Eder's (black) hand? :D

as an Irishman it would have been hilarious and beautiful karma if France had of lost that way :lol:

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Beating Germany itself is more difficult than Portugual's games combined in my view mate. 

Germany werent great in tournament at all, they didnt even beat Poland who Portugal got past and except Slovakia and bit of Italy game they underperformed most games

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Champions League plus Euro 2016 victory. hard to look past Ronaldo or (very little chance )Pepe for Ballon D'Or

Ronaldo didn't have a great Euro 2016. Its probably between Suarez, Ronaldo, Pepe and Griezmann. I think Suarez was unlucky not to be in the final 3 last time. i think he deserves to win it once. 

He got 3 goals and 3 assists in the tournament.  only 1 player got more goals and Ramsey and Hazard got more assists

plus he was easily top scorer in Champions League last season and only 3 players had more assists than him in tournament

Edited by Zatman

yeah some more great stats for him

most of that was in his 1 good game and in reality one of those assists was a shockingly bad scuffed shot that landed at the feet of a team mate 6 yards out from goal...

but yeah, stats!!

27 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Ronaldo didn't have a great Euro 2016. Its probably between Suarez, Ronaldo, Pepe and Griezmann. I think Suarez was unlucky not to be in the final 3 last time. i think he deserves to win it once. 

Not for me based on his performances in two major finals.

in fairness to Griezmann he got 5 goals in knockout stages which must be a modern day record for international tournament as most goals usually scored in group stage

but his final misses were poor in both finals, was going call him French Higuain but he was actually born in France :P

41 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Not for me based on his performances in two major finals.

Just on that yes but he was named player of the tournament and had a terrific season for Atletico Madrid. He played better than Ronaldo in the tournament and scored more goals

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

in fairness to Griezmann he got 5 goals in knockout stages which must be a modern day record for international tournament as most goals usually scored in group stage

but his final misses were poor in both finals, was going call him French Higuain but he was actually born in France :P

Most of those goals were against shite teams like Iceland and ROI.

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

He got 3 goals and 3 assists in the tournament.  only 1 player got more goals and Ramsey and Hazard got more assists

plus he was easily top scorer in Champions League last season and only 3 players had more assists than him in tournament

Yeah, he surely has to win it, you'd think. Winning the Euros and Champions League will help, plus that he set up and scored a tonne this year.

Â