Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

This story is way more believable than the one Sky are reporting, in all fairness.

Where agents are concerned, they're strictly interested in one thing...and that is what lines their pockets.

His agent Simon Kennedy seems like he has all his eggs in one basket with TC and funnily enough employs TC's Dad; Andrew. After a fall out with his previous partner in April this year they put their agency into administration and he has now set up this one with among other Michael Ricketts. Reads like a who's who of hangers on and I wouldn't be surprised if their only major client is TC. Bunch of leeches.

http://www.pinnaclesel.com/our-people.html

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 1

I wonder if we will play Cleverley in an attacking role?

I know he is not supposed to be that type of player but Richardson was used a lot as a left back and wanted to play an attacking role and Lambert has let him. I just wonder if we'll see the same with Cleverley?

And I know it's only one fan here but still his thoughts are to push Cleverley forward.

Straight out of their door and through ours, I know, I know. Not a rude joke

I think he was used in more of an attacking role when on loan to Watford a while ago and had a scoring record of 11 goals in 33 games, so a ratio of 1 in 3 when pushed further forward, so that's possibly promising.

Excluding the goalkeeper, I think Lambert sees his team in three sections, -

Defence - Support - Threat

I think he does try to mix it up a little bit and expects them to all do their bit in each area but I think this would be a simplified way of looking at his tactics and why he sets us up in a 4-3-3 type formation.

This is why I wonder if when all are fit he might revert to what would be listed as 3-5-2 but basically have -

LCB SW RCB

DM

For Defence

LWB CM RWB

For Support

And

AM

LS RS

As his threat

I think, following the set up of positions I've mentioned

keeper.png
Guzan
home.png
Vlaar
home.png
Senderos
home.png
Okore
home.png
Sanchez
home.png
Hutton

home.png
Westwood

home.png
Cissokho
home.png
Delph
home.png
Benteke
home.png
Kozak

But simplified

keeper.png
Guzan
home.png
Senderos
home.png
Vlaar
home.png
Okore
home.png
Hutton
home.png
Delph
home.png
Sanchez
home.png
Westwood
home.png
Cissokho
home.png
Benteke
home.png
Kozak

Is what Lambert sees as his strongest line-up.

I think he may very well use Cleverley, Richardson and Bacuna as utility type midfielders.

N'zogbia, Cole and Grealish as creative options.

Keep Baker as what Lambert sees as a versatile defensive sub, in the sense he plays him in the centre and as full back

And ultimately give Weimann and Agbonlahor the feeling they need to compete for a place.

I think Weimann, N'Zogbia and Agbonlahor had been given a kick up the arse for the Hull game which is what they needed and fair enough they went for it.

This type of set-up creates competition for places in all the areas as well I think, and, if the performances are there, the names I've put in the first team, may be replaced by those I've written about in each specific area.

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 1

I honestly cant wait to see him play. It might take him a while.. but i think a new environment will do him great. He was playing well the year they won the league.. but Moyes negative style didnt suit the way he played.. (every player under Mcleish here!). Man Utd fans treated him harshly... i think expected too much and he lost confidence. Give him a bit of a free role n a team with players around his age where he would be more happy.. gain some confidence and really fire at VP.

This could be one of Lamberts best signings IMO. Or we could look back in 6-12 months and laugh at my post! 

Edited by KSV
  • Like 2

Cleverley does strike me as a (weird term) huge confidence player. I think it's really, really important that now he's here we stick with him. He's going to be rusty, he's going to misplace passes and although I'm not over the moon with the signing in general, there is obviously a very talented player in there and who knows, if the crowd don't groan during every sideways pass and bits of sloppy play he could thrive here under a very different type of pressure that he had at United. 

Edited by nobler

This could be one of Lamberts best signings IMO. Or we could look back in 6-12 months and laugh at my post! 

Don't worry, I get the feeling they'll be busy laughing at mine.

At least we just haven't jumped on the bandwagon and hated him.. We stuck our opinion on the line.. one way or another..

i guess we haven't seen him play for England as much as the English fans.. I always thought he was a good player.. just because it hasnt worked out for him there does not mean hes no good. Liverpool fans even made videos of Cissohko being poor yet hes amazing for us.

I just can see Cleverley fitting in to our style of play.. he likes to play short quick passes (go well with Westwood and Delph) he sprays a few long balls into channels (Gabby and Wiemann) and he will link up well with the big man when he returns. He works hard and presses well (something Lambert likes). He is basically a better version than what KEA was. I dont expect him to score 10 goals and have 10 assists.. that will depend on his role.. but i think it will be a positive move for him.

Time will tell

• Like 1

I wonder if we will play Cleverley in an attacking role?

I know he is not supposed to be that type of player but Richardson was used a lot as a left back and wanted to play an attacking role and Lambert has let him. I just wonder if we'll see the same with Cleverley?

And I know it's only one fan here but still his thoughts are to push Cleverley forward.

Straight out of their door and through ours, I know, I know. Not a rude joke

I think he was used in more of an attacking role when on loan to Watford a while ago and had a scoring record of 11 goals in 33 games, so a ratio of 1 in 3 when pushed further forward, so that's possibly promising.

Excluding the goalkeeper, I think Lambert sees his team in three sections, -

Defence - Support - Threat

I think he does try to mix it up a little bit and expects them to all do their bit in each area but I think this would be a simplified way of looking at his tactics and why he sets us up in a 4-3-3 type formation.

This is why I wonder if when all are fit he might revert to what would be listed as 3-5-2 but basically have -

LCB SW RCB

DM

For Defence

LWB CM RWB

For Support

And

AM

LS RS

As his threat

I think, following the set up of positions I've mentioned

keeper.png
Guzan
home.png
Vlaar
home.png
Senderos
home.png
Okore
home.png
Sanchez
home.png
Hutton

home.png
Westwood

home.png
Cissokho
home.png
Delph
home.png
Benteke
home.png
Kozak

But simplified

keeper.png
Guzan
home.png
Senderos
home.png
Vlaar
home.png
Okore
home.png
Hutton
home.png
Delph
home.png
Sanchez
home.png
Westwood
home.png
Cissokho
home.png
Benteke
home.png
Kozak

Is what Lambert sees as his strongest line-up.

I think he may very well use Cleverley, Richardson and Bacuna as utility type midfielders.

N'zogbia, Cole and Grealish as creative options.

Keep Baker as what Lambert sees as a versatile defensive sub, in the sense he plays him in the centre and as full back

And ultimately give Weimann and Agbonlahor the feeling they need to compete for a place.

I think Weimann, N'Zogbia and Agbonlahor had been given a kick up the arse for the Hull game which is what they needed and fair enough they went for it.

This type of set-up creates competition for places in all the areas as well I think, and, if the performances are there, the names I've put in the first team, may be replaced by those I've written about in each specific area.

The top one looks like a Christmas tree with Guzan as the angel. :unsure:

• Like 1

Â