Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

well what a turn around this was for him, certainly got egg on his face, but it can all be wiped clean if he comes through for us

the ball is well and truely in our court now, but if we screw manure over on this theres a chance they wont do business again and i reckon keano might have more up his sleave from from the manure academy

we could say to man u in jan that we dont want cleverley, however come summer we could still sign him for nothing, if hes happy here of course, what a strange deal this is, thought it was dead in the water

There will be inevitable injuries and suspensions. Sometimes we'll want to make a sub to freshen things up without losing quality. Look beyond the first 11.

Absolutely, last season showed the danger of a lack of quality, experience and depth in a squad.

I don't see how Everton matter. According to our press announcement there is an option to buy. So I assume we would have to pass before Everton gets a nose under the tent.

Is that true? What did we say? Great news and makes me even happier about the signing.

Here ya go.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4116690,00.html

New Aston Villa midfielder Tom Cleverley has hailed the influence of Champions League winning midfielders Paul Lambert and Roy Keane in his decision to join the club on a season-long loan deal from Manchester United, with an option to make the move permanent.

"The prospect of working under the manager and Roy, who were both fantastic midfielders in their playing careers, made the decision to come to Villa an easy one," explained the 25-year-old England international.

"I'm looking forward to working with them but also the other really good midfield players that the club have, like Fabian Delph, Ashley Westwood and other new lads like Kieran Richardson, Joe Cole and Carlos Sanchez."

Cleverley has been impressed with Villa's start to the season and with the positive, energetic style of play they have shown while winning seven out of a possible nine points so far this term.

"I've been watching Villa games this year and it's been a really good start and, with the upcoming fixtures all big games, hopefully I can bring a bit of big game experience and add to the squad and help us to win some games.

"It's a team that plays the style of football that I like. They play with high energy, they pass and move and there are a lot of good young players. The manager told me the way that he'd like me to play and it all sat perfectly for me. I'm very happy to be coming down to play for Villa."

I think one thing's for sure now. Joe Cole is not going to get a kick this season.

Yeah, cos cleverley has often been compared to Cole throughout his career

How exactly is Joe Cole going to get into the team. He's too slow to play out wide and has five mid fielders ahead of him. 

made the decision to come to Villa an easy one,"

that's what you consider an easy decision??

lord knows what happens when he struggles over decision making.

Yeah he once couldn't decide what to have for dinner and nearly starved to death.

Good for squad depth imo. He can't be worse than any of our backups for the positions and possibly he's better than N'zogbia or Westwood. Play him next to Delph for a few matches and we should have a decent midfield for a mid-tableish team. Combine that with the good defensive line we have now and things are looking good if Benteke ever gets back to form. 

A player who didn't want to be a Villa-player in the first place is killing 6 or 12 month at VP.

Not ideal, imho and not the sort of player, we should be pursuing. IMHO.

We have the option to buy, which means he has already agreed to this option. At least that is how that usually works, or an I mistaken?

It seems he did want to be a villa player, but then changed his mind when Everton came knocking. A club light years ahead of us on recent evidence and for a manager he knows and clearly likes (mutual feeling I believe). It didn't work out, but that doesn't mean he doesn't want to be here, that's an assertion you're not placed to make.

He's a Villan now. Let him cut his cloth.

• Like 1

From Ciggies & AVFC website :

" The manager told me the way that he'd like me to play and it all sat perfectly for me. I'm very happy to be coming down to play for Villa."

The  awkward way that Cleverly describes   the loan hints that he thinks it is a  "come  down"  to be at B6 .  Truth is that it is when you look at the way things have been for us over the last  4 years compared   with Old Trafford.

That said, we do present  a golden opportunity for him to get his career back where he  wants it to be and at the same time it may well be that our tide of mediocrity has turned. Overall I  think  Cleverly is  a  tidy piece of the puzzle that will more than likely  fit.

Lambert and Keane have done a good job so far bearing in mind the limited  funds and  what they  had to work with before the window started.

Welcome  to Aston Villa Tom Cleverly . I look forward to see  you help us  win  games in the  famous  claret  &  blue .

I really didn't fancy bringing Cleverley in, especially at the £7m that was quoted.

But this 'try before you buy' option is perfect for everyone.

So, i sincerely hope he will be a massive success in Claret and Blue because that will only be good for all parties.

Â